Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#729513 07/11/20 08:13 AM
N
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
N
Please daddy Larien I have like 300 hours now, I need some fresh meat im not even asking for new subclass, just a few new level 4 feats to spice things up

addict
addict
Agreed. We're really missing Polearm Master to round out the big DPS boosting weapon skills. We got all these nice spears and polearms and no feat to use them! Sharpshooter too for ranged builds to compete with melee.

Resilient would also be fantastic so I don't feel so bad leaving a single odd attribute point in my list. Seems like a low hanging fruit as far as programming too. No new animations or anything.

Warcaster would also be huge for all our melee Gish needs. My melee rangers especially need this so they don't lose Hunter's Mark after a single round every single fight.

old hand
old hand
Sorry. I'm seeing a lot of people saying that they don't want Larian using optional rules in BG3. So we gotta get rid of Feats, unfortunately.

V
V
You men like the talents we get upon level up? I do not really care, but I would really like in-depth explanation of the already existing feats, because for now, I have little idea how each of them precisely work and if it was worth for my thief to pick up the dual-wielding feat upon reaching level 4, over other feats or stats increase. I believe it allows me to dual-wield light weapons, hoping it would give me dual rapiers (lthough I do not know why they would not be light already) and some other bonus... Generally, Larian give more info please! And also a reskill button, seems like you can awfully misskill yourself.

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
Originally Posted by Firesnakearies
Sorry. I'm seeing a lot of people saying that they don't want Larian using optional rules in BG3. So we gotta get rid of Feats, unfortunately.

That's not a reason to dump feats. That's a reason to make them optional.

Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
I'm pretty sure that additional Feats are something that will be added during the run-up to full release.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by TheOtherTed

That's not a reason to dump feats. That's a reason to make them optional.

Can't argue with that logic lol.

Larian has stated that only PHB (player hand book) subclasses, feats, spells etc are being included. I mean adding all the optional stuff would be great but that would mean adding twice the subclasses (maybe more). There are some decent mods out already on the nexus, pretty sure adding a line of text and a weapon bonus isn't too much of a stretch.

veteran
veteran

jokes aside, is there anyone who actually plays D&D without including feats?
As far as I know they are broadly considered some of the most beloved things in the whole progression system.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Soul-Scar

Larian has stated that only PHB (player hand book) subclasses, feats, spells etc are being included..

That's a common misconception.
What they actually said is that they were attempting to include at least the content of the PHB as primary focus.
They were never categorical about that being a hard limit of what they will include.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
addict
addict
Just add all of them in the final release. No reason to not include feats.

W
veteran
veteran
W
Plus, we already have Githyanki and Half-elf subraces which are not PHB.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I want Monk :O.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Svalr

There is a mod for that.

veteran
veteran
Making more would be great, but it would be greater if they repair the ones that are already there and do not work as intended, like dual wielder. And maybe make others like shield master great again.

I miss elven accuracy, sentinel and polearm master and some more, I hope they will add them in the final version of the game.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Svalr

Definitely going to be in the final release, since it is a PHB class. Gotta tell you though, as a tabletop player, Monk in 5e feels kinda underwhelming, even our friend that plays the Monk and rolled the best stats felt the class was underpowered.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by _Vic_
Making more would be great, but it would be greater if they repair the ones that are already there and do not work as intended, like dual wielder. And maybe make others like shield master great again.

I miss elven accuracy, sentinel and polearm master and some more, I hope they will add them in the final version of the game.

And they implemented GWM without implementing Sharpshooter, which is its similar feat for ranged weapons.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Tuco

jokes aside, is there anyone who actually plays D&D without including feats?
As far as I know they are broadly considered some of the most beloved things in the whole progression system.

Only monsters play without feats. Honestly, one of the worst things about 5e is how they gutted the feat system. It was great picking tons of feats in the previous two editions.

addict
addict

Only monsters play without feats. Honestly, one of the worst things about 5e is how they gutted the feat system. It was great picking tons of feats in the previous two editions.

We get so few feats now. Even if BG3 lets us go to level 12 that is only three possible feats if you completely forgo ASIs.

Really cuts down on build variety.

veteran
veteran
A free feat at 1st level (homebrew for a lot of the games I'm in) goes a long way toward encouraging diversity in builds. Humans can then start with 2 feats, making feat-dependent builds viable for classes that require a lot of ASIs.
And it makes levels 1&2 less lethal, if you're into that sort of thing.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by mrfuji3
A free feat at 1st level (homebrew for a lot of the games I'm in) goes a long way toward encouraging diversity in builds. Humans can then start with 2 feats, making feat-dependent builds viable for classes that require a lot of ASIs.
And it makes levels 1&2 less lethal, if you're into that sort of thing.

I like to give everyone a feat at 1st level also.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard