Next Thread
Print Thread
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Hello Larian,
I am not sure if this is the right place to report bugs.

Scenario:
1) Playing as a rogue and convinced the Zhentarim guy that we keep the chest.
2) In the Zhentarim hideout after talking to Zarys she says that I can not purchase the finer things. However this is not unlocked with the trader.

apprentice
apprentice
I think to get full Zhent trade access you need to deliver the chest unopened.
In my playthrough the caravan survivers have been killed and I opened the chest. Trying to deliver "the thing" immediatly turned anyone in the Zhent hideout hostile.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Originally Posted by Schugger
I think to get full Zhent trade access you need to deliver the chest unopened.
In my playthrough the caravan survivers have been killed and I opened the chest. Trying to deliver "the thing" immediatly turned anyone in the Zhent hideout hostile.

How did you open the chest? I tried, but even Astarion couldn't do it.

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Originally Posted by Daniel F
Hello Larian,
I am not sure if this is the right place to report bugs.

Scenario:
1) Playing as a rogue and convinced the Zhentarim guy that we keep the chest.
2) In the Zhentarim hideout after talking to Zarys she says that I can not purchase the finer things. However this is not unlocked with the trader.

Dont convince Rugar to split the chest with you. Thats the key. Let him keep it. Just make nicey nice with him, and once you're in the Zhent hideout Zarys will let the trader show you the good stuff. Ive tested this multiple times now and it always works.

But whenever I get the chest it always bugs out and even though Zarys says the trader will now show you the good stuff, he still doesnt. The way you'll know it works is after you talk to Zarys you'll get a journal update and some XP(I think, dont quote me on the XP, but you definitely get a journal update)

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Completely agreed. This is also how I did it in previous playthrougs.

However the dialogues currently give you the option to split and Zarys says it should work because you saved her people... so it is a bug...

SkyKnight.Prime: Cannot tell you other than that it just worked. However nothing reallly useful inside...

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Originally Posted by Daniel F
However nothing reallly useful inside.

When a man says studded leather +1 isn't useful......you know he's playing a fighter or a cleric haha.

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
I really started with a cleric. In that playthrough it was a rogue. Thing is I already had one and everybody in the group was already wearing equal or better armor. So I simply didnt unterstand whats all the fuss about this. I expected more of a story item...

J
journeyman
journeyman
J
On my second playthrough I got the chest, but ended up killing the two Zhent guys I rescued from the bugbears (after they told me about the hideout and the pass phrase.) I kept the chest locked and returned it to the Zhent leader (don't remember her name.) The leader was happy and paid us. She also specifically said I was 'a friend of the Zhent.' However, the trader (don't remember his name either) still said that I couldn't see the 'good stuff,' it was only for friends of the Zhent. This is bugged.

I'll have to try the method described above by DarkRob316.

Link Copied to Clipboard