Next Thread
Print Thread
#730573 08/11/20 09:38 PM
P
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
When pickpocketing the blacksmith vendor in the druid grove, even if you pass all checks, combat will commence as soon as you become visible to anyone.

PastorMJ #730632 08/11/20 11:38 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
I just ran into this bug. It's really annoying, because I really needed that gold. I even rolled a nat 20 for it.

PastorMJ #733442 13/11/20 02:11 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Edit: posted in the wrong thread.

Last edited by Damashi; 13/11/20 07:53 PM.
PastorMJ #733460 13/11/20 03:39 AM
This was not true for me. I unchained my thief, pick pocketed him and then sent my unchained thief to hide in the prison. Guex normally runs over and the Blacksmith says "You just missed him". There is a period of about 30 seconds where vendors look for a thief and if they don't find one, they return to their stalls. I'm not saying there may not be some bug related to something else, but I am able to steal his gold and the grove does not turn hostile. Not sure if this is related to Guex (Stands near Wyll). Maybe Guex is dead in your game or something? Or maybe it doesn't happen to me as I almost always unchain my thief when they are stealing so the whole party doesn't get blamed for their actions.

Note that ShadowHearts "Pass without a Trace" ability is broke... instead of adding +10 to stealth, it adds +10 to all skill checks, including pick-pocketing and most dialogue checks. So it is much easier to pickpocket/pass dialogue checks with her nearby and that ability active.

Last edited by Dheuster; 13/11/20 03:43 AM.
Dheuster #733846 13/11/20 08:00 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Dheuster
This was not true for me. I unchained my thief, pick pocketed him and then sent my unchained thief to hide in the prison. Guex normally runs over and the Blacksmith says "You just missed him". There is a period of about 30 seconds where vendors look for a thief and if they don't find one, they return to their stalls. I'm not saying there may not be some bug related to something else, but I am able to steal his gold and the grove does not turn hostile. Not sure if this is related to Guex (Stands near Wyll). Maybe Guex is dead in your game or something? Or maybe it doesn't happen to me as I almost always unchain my thief when they are stealing so the whole party doesn't get blamed for their actions.

Note that ShadowHearts "Pass without a Trace" ability is broke... instead of adding +10 to stealth, it adds +10 to all skill checks, including pick-pocketing and most dialogue checks. So it is much easier to pickpocket/pass dialogue checks with her nearby and that ability active.

Whats supposed to happen is that anyone you steal from will open a dialog with a party member near by, and you have option to talk you're way out of the situation. Whats happening in the case of this blacksmith is that he has unvoiced voice barks about a theif and "put that back", then eventually turns hostile. He, and everyone else in the same faction or attitude group (I don't know the technical term used for BG3) as him then turn hostile even if you leave before he turns hostile.

Last edited by Damashi; 13/11/20 08:01 PM.
PastorMJ #734132 14/11/20 11:29 AM
journeyman
journeyman
What I've found works best for any pickpocketing is to enter turn based mode right before starting the pickpocket. Grab what you want and walk as far as you can before uncrouching. Turn off turn based mode and run. Not sure if it really helps or not, but for the blacksmith there's also a couple of torches to put out.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Thieves Rule
What I've found works best for any pickpocketing is to enter turn based mode right before starting the pickpocket. Grab what you want and walk as far as you can before uncrouching. Turn off turn based mode and run. Not sure if it really helps or not, but for the blacksmith there's also a couple of torches to put out.

I've gotten around the bug by using invisibility in combination with turnbased mode. After getting what I want from Dammon I fast travel to the overgrown ruins, turn off turn based mode, and then walk back to the Dammon's location. When I get there Zorru says he's taking me to jail, and I pass the deception roll. My guess is that the script for Dammon's crime scene investigation is either not functioning, or is outright absent, so it skips the questioning phase to him turning hostile if anyone is around at all.

PastorMJ #734777 15/11/20 06:52 PM
Ahh... in mine, I talked to Zorru with Laz first and scared him. So Zorru doesn't respond to Dammon's calls for help as he moves out of earshot. Instead, Guex is the guard that responds to Dammon's shout for help (stands near Wyl). I believe in my playthough, I might have also talked to Guex earlier and failed to give him pointers, which causes him to always run in fear when in combat. So it may be a combination of those things that is why no one seems to care if my thief is caught.

So there may very well be an issue and I just don't experience it because of these other factors.

PastorMJ #738541 24/11/20 03:03 PM
stranger
stranger
I can roll a Nat 20 with my Rogue when pick pocketing Dammon but he never returns to a passive state. He’s bugged now and never stops looking for the thief.

PastorMJ #738643 24/11/20 09:01 PM
stranger
stranger
So I just found a fix! When I successfully picked Damon’s pocket and FT’d out, (I left the rest of the party separated from me standing near him). I walked up to the Grove gates and was immediately aggro’d by one of the guards. I dashed away from the combat area and then snuck back into the Grove. I toggled Shadowheart and had her talk to Dammon and he stopped spamming the threats. I was then able to walk up to Dammon. We friends again!
Update- yep it works every time now! Just walk up to the front gate and when the guard tries to start combat just Dashaway away until you run out of the combat area and it resets Damon’s status.

Last edited by Feud Raultha; 24/11/20 09:14 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard