Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
I've inadvertently donated stuff to Arron on one character and then read available online tips that I could find, focusing on Stadia which is how I play; only to still be stuck with my items? I also tried labeling them as wares to no avail, so what the mechanic is that allows swapping after items are balanced eludes me?

I seem to be missing the trick to all of this and it shouldn't be that difficult to figure out, should it?

“This year the utopian candy shell has melted away to expose a hard center of bizarre reality.”
addict
addict
First, I agree Larian has to fix this : a message must warn you that you are giving away your stuff for free ...

After placing the items in your column, press the balance icon at the bottom : that trader will then place gold to buy it.

You can also drag stuff the trader is selling onto its column and then click the same balance button.

Here is a short guide you might like or need :
Things you want to know before you play - Basic interactions
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2250219000

Last edited by Baraz; 09/11/20 04:50 PM.
OP Offline
Thanks. I have previously clicked that very button, so I suppose that bartering stuff does not mean loading unwanted items into those columns and then adding something from the traders stock into the opposite column? This is what I did and then balanced my supposed trade or barter, was left with something that appeared to be equitable to both sides and then what was I supposed to do to finish the deal?

Last edited by Capt.Wells; 09/11/20 06:54 PM.

“This year the utopian candy shell has melted away to expose a hard center of bizarre reality.”
OP Offline
Well ... I opted to never give up and never surrender; so I finally discovered the minute detail that I had been missing to make interacting with the games traders possible.

It really should not have been that hard to parse that out. I came to gaming rather late and as a mature adult. I've been playing games for over a decade and this was obtuse as far as I'm concerned.

Gonna wish everyone else the best with it and head back into the game.

Link Copied to Clipboard