Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I can't seem to find a list of skill proficiencies anywhere on the character sheet. I'm uncertain what proficiencies the NPCs bring to the table. Ideally, I would want to ensure my party had a balanced skillset. No point having four people who can pick locks. I suggest adding a proficiencies list just like on a D&D Character sheet. Ideally, pressing 'n' would bring up a D&D Character sheet. Seems logical? I totally respect the need to balance between old and new gamers but think, a new gamer will learn any system, cause their base level is zero exposure, whereas for an old gamer, they get instant recognition and familiarity. Most D&D players, a character sheet is the first thing they see and something they (back in the P&P days) protect and cherish. It's that deep seeded connection that BG3 character sheets miss.

food for thought.

Also, Stadia isn't saving the key bindings.

P
addict
addict
P
I had thought that the filled/unfilled diamonds next to the skills on your character sheets indicated proficiency, but I've had at least one character where that doesn't seem to line up at all. Not sure if it was a visual problem (entirely possible) or if I'm totally barking up the wrong tree (also entirely possible). Best bet is to just do the maths to determine which skills are getting proficiency bonus, but that is cumbersome.

The in game character sheet is not laid out in a friendly way, and it needs more information, like actually giving the full descriptions of class features and skills gained instead of just listing them under your class levels with no more information.

Link Copied to Clipboard