Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 45 1 2 3 4 44 45
veteran
veteran
That's it I'm out 0/10
#why_Larian
#childhood_ruined

Last edited by Abits; 11/11/20 12:35 PM.

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
apprentice
apprentice
Sometimes I really disappointed by people (or trolls?) complaining about updates frown Larian was super clear about what EA is, and why you should wait if you want a polished product.
The game is huge and I expect that EA will be for 1,5 year (but again - this is only a guess) - and during that time I believe that we could expect 3 or 4 patches related to changes to the game.
So it would be like a patch every 3 - 4 months - and in my eyes, it seems realistic and healthy. We could iterate on bigger changes than small fixes.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Asseronia
Sometimes I really disappointed by people (or trolls?) complaining about updates frown Larian was super clear about what EA is, and why you should wait if you want a polished product.
The game is huge and I expect that EA will be for 1,5 year (but again - this is only a guess) - and during that time I believe that we could expect 3 or 4 patches related to changes to the game.
So it would be like a patch every 3 - 4 months - and in my eyes, it seems realistic and healthy. We could iterate on bigger changes than small fixes.

And that is resonable. Plus some hotfixes every 1-2 moths, as game is still buggy for many.

addict
addict

I'd say this is conservative. We know that during EA, "big" stuff will be added: classes, races, companions... and I think some other "major" features were teased. We don't know whether all of classes, for example, are going to be added during EA or when 1.0 ships, but I'd lean towards the former as those things need to be extensively playtested. I think a big patch with new things and/or substantial changes would be reasonable to expect every 2 months or so. Whether it has anything to do with reality remains to be seen...

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Uncle Lester

I'd say this is conservative. We know that during EA, "big" stuff will be added: classes, races, companions... and I think some other "major" features were teased. We don't know whether all of classes, for example, are going to be added during EA or when 1.0 ships, but I'd lean towards the former as those things need to be extensively playtested. I think a big patch with new things and/or substantial changes would be reasonable to expect every 2 months or so. Whether it has anything to do with reality remains to be seen...

Don't forget that for the entirety of the early access period only the first act of the game will be available.
There's a limited amount of 'new' content that can be added to one secluded part of the game. Many of the major patches that'll get added during the early access period will mostly contain system changes, revamped encounters/dialogue and other similar additions.
Of course they're also add new classes, races and possibly companions during development, but that's mostly for feedback/QA purposes, not just to add them because they are complete. When I read some of the posts about the EA release schedule I have a feeling that some people are under the impression that the entire game is going to be gradually added to the EA version until the entire game magically becomes playable. This is most certainly not how things will unfold.

journeyman
journeyman
Honestly it's the rapid amount of mods being created that's holding my attention to this game. Sure, it's EA. But it's not being updated as much and at the end of the day I still paid $60.00 for a game that's less developed than I thought. It's my first time buying an Early Access game, so I'm going to be honest and say that I was too hyped by what was promised in the marketing and just went for it. Lesson learned. I was cool with the patches coming out regularly and I'm not going to hold back from saying I'm a bit disappointed that things went quiet for a while. Not sorry if some people's disappointment somehow offends people but we STILL paid the price of a full game for this product.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Divine Star
Honestly it's the rapid amount of mods being created that's holding my attention to this game. Sure, it's EA. But it's not being updated as much and at the end of the day I still paid $60.00 for a game that's less developed than I thought. It's my first time buying an Early Access game, so I'm going to be honest and say that I was too hyped by what was promised in the marketing and just went for it. Lesson learned. I was cool with the patches coming out regularly and I'm not going to hold back from saying I'm a bit disappointed that things went quiet for a while. Not sorry if some people's disappointment somehow offends people but we STILL paid the price of a full game for this product.

Sounds like you need to go back and read what early access actually means.

E
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
E
Originally Posted by Bukke

there is realy a lot of ways to do a EA game, see satisfactory , they release patch every year or so, see industry of titan , they release patch with content every 2 weeks,

see game like factorio or oxygen not included where the community was truly involved and shaped the game and content all the way to version 1.0 all the content was added in the game during EA.

see game like solasta, where the dev just promised MORE content (quest, map, etc.)

the way Larian doing it , imo, is the wrong way(I own about 50 EA games. I know what am talking about.), it does not feel like a EA, but more like a BETA test. locking the content like that ? like .... we take feedback seriously but.... ONLY for act 1 we going to do act 2 and act 3 and you have NOTHING to say in the matter.you not gonna shape it or change it in anyway. ...... do you see my point ?

am kinda happy I was able to play bg3 for 140 hours, until I was totally bored of it. but according to steam data base the average playtime is 8 hours (per 2 weeks).

I did my part, I summited many feedback directly to larian via the website , and not here on the forum. now I have to wait for more "content", if it does not come and fast, I wil just uninstall and forget about BG3 and that is sad, I was hoping to get involved with the development of Baldur's gate 3 but , its not the case. the dev don't want to get involved with us. they colect thier "data" and will change some stuff here and there.

what is the point of testing a new added class, if I can't lvl up to lv 5?
lv 5 is a game changer for almost every class. it will totally WACK the Balance of ACT1, I would allow the player to test it, unless .... even in the 1.0 version act one will be lvl lock ..... that would be ... stupid.

Last edited by Evil_it_Self; 11/11/20 01:46 PM.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
enthusiast
enthusiast
Citing that you are a spendthrift does not in any way mean you know what you're talking about, nor does it lend any merit to what you say.

G
addict
addict
G

Yeah, is clear the game was in much worse state. Imagine if they had kept with the August 30th first deadline.

The game was barely stable when it was released, which I question their motive to even release EA that early. You could have waited until Q1 2021 or at the end of this year.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Uncle Lester

Don't forget that for the entirety of the early access period only the first act of the game will be available.
There's a limited amount of 'new' content that can be added to one secluded part of the game. Many of the major patches that'll get added during the early access period will mostly contain system changes, revamped encounters/dialogue and other similar additions.
Of course they're also add new classes, races and possibly companions during development, but that's mostly for feedback/QA purposes, not just to add them because they are complete. When I read some of the posts about the EA release schedule I have a feeling that some people are under the impression that the entire game is going to be gradually added to the EA version until the entire game magically becomes playable. This is most certainly not how things will unfold.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Mechanics/systems, player options, iterations of currently existing things. I'm certainly not expecting more story content or new areas. (Well, technically companions are more story.)

journeyman
journeyman

Sounds like you need to get a life and stop being a keyboard warrior who doesn't understand what an 'opinion' or 'impression' is. Go look it up.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by gaymer

Yeah, is clear the game was in much worse state. Imagine if they had kept with the August 30th first deadline.

The game was barely stable when it was released, which I question their motive to even release EA that early. You could have waited until Q1 2021 or at the end of this year.

With the bugs and glitches it feels a lot like a beta test more than anything. It's essentially a Beta that they're getting paid for. Don't get me wrong, the game was super fun, but I wasn't expecting just how bad off it was for a game they thought would be stable enough to charge people for it.

Last edited by Divine Star; 11/11/20 05:30 PM.
N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by gaymer

With the bugs and glitches it feels a lot like a beta test more than anything. It's essentially a Beta that they're getting paid for. Don't get me wrong, the game was super fun, but I wasn't expecting just how bad off it was for a game they thought would be stable enough to charge people for it.

Thats... That's what early access is.

Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo

Sounds like you need to get a life and stop being a keyboard warrior who doesn't understand what an 'opinion' or 'impression' is. Go look it up.

Please just back away from using a confrontational tone or getting involved in bad-tempered arguments. Stop and read what you post before hitting the return button, and ask yourself if you would be happy being spoken to in that way. If not, don't make it public.

If someone slings insults or 'fighting talk' at you (and it's likely to happen to everyone eventually), hit the "Report" button. Then be the bigger person and do not respond in the same tone. The danger of getting involved in a "Tit-for-tat" exchange is that you will both/all be tarred with the same brush.

addict
addict
So their mother was a hamster, and their father smelt of elderberries?

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Sadurian

Please just back away from using a confrontational tone or getting involved in bad-tempered arguments. Stop and read what you post before hitting the return button, and ask yourself if you would be happy being spoken to in that way. If not, don't make it public.

If someone slings insults or 'fighting talk' at you (and it's likely to happen to everyone eventually), hit the "Report" button. Then be the bigger person and do not respond in the same tone. The danger of getting involved in a "Tit-for-tat" exchange is that you will both/all be tarred with the same brush.

So I'm guessing you completely bypassed the tone everyone else was using on every single post here where people were commenting their own opinions, and when I retaliated against one of the rude individuals that commented on every opposing opinion, you picked mine, of all the posts here, to reprimand. Nice selectivity. I'm done with this forum.

journeyman
journeyman
You can tell the real play testers vs those who just wanted to play

Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
So I'm guessing you completely bypassed the tone everyone else was using on every single post here where people were commenting their own opinions, and when I retaliated against one of the rude individuals that commented on every opposing opinion, you picked mine, of all the posts here, to reprimand. Nice selectivity. I'm done with this forum.

It was a general comment to all those in the thread. Yours just happened to be the latest in the exchange.

mfr Offline
journeyman
journeyman
For your collective information, I've just started a new character, Drow, you've got to laugh! Incidents around the Druids' Grove suggest there has been a stealth update.

Someone must have spiked her senna pod drink!
Page 2 of 45 1 2 3 4 44 45

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard