Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 45 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 44 45
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Tuco
Originally Posted by Bernkastel
AC Valhalla is also available on uPlay/Ubistore.

Fuck that too, by the way.

I think the only good thing about uPlay is that Origin is worse. Though it might be debatable.

Originally Posted by vyvexthorne
Originally Posted by Tuco
I despise AC since the first chapter (and still tried to play at least half of them at some point), so I can't really say that it going EGS-exclusive bothers me that much.
Especially since regardless of where you play the game, it will still launch on the crappy (but at least serviceable) Uplay client.

Still, I wonder if Ubisoft is actually getting out of the deal more than they are losing by not being on Steam.
EA and Microsoft both backtracked HARD in that sense.

I wouldn't say I despise them but I definitely grew sick of the repetitive nature of the games. I played all the AC games up until Black Flag but I couldn't finish it and that's where I ended my first round. I picked it back up for Origins and loved every minute of it... I then made the mistake of buying Odyssey which again was just too much of the same thing. It's not that the AC Franchise is bad it's that they put them out every year and they are all too similar. I need that 3 or 4 year break between games for them to feel fresh and fun again. So yeah, If I ever pick up Valhalla it won't be until it's on sale for 15 bucks.

What would you say about RPG-fication of the franchise and all the booster/filler crap in Odyssey? (Haven't played since Revelations, but I can't say I like the direction they took, even if I agree that innovation is needed in the franchise. I wonder if it's as bad as I've heard.)

addict
addict
They updated patch3 again over summer2020_loca so there must have been a bug that prevented them from pushing the local build to go live.

N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by Vhaldez
They updated patch3 again over summer2020_loca so there must have been a bug that prevented them from pushing the local build to go live.

Somone posted elsewhere that Belgum went under a strict covid curfew maybe they are holding off on pushing through public patches

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Vamathi
Originally Posted by KillerRabbit
You can check this.

https://steamdb.info/app/1086940/depots/

I'll be making sure that baby Yoda is safe -- I worry about that guy.

Why would you show this to my anxious brain. Last record update 3 hours ago.
*shakes Steam for update*

Have you tried turning Steam off and on again?

E
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
E
the update 3 was deposed like 5 days ago.
before I even made this post smile
I guess it just makes the game more bugged then it already is, so, we not getting it
I saw it got updated like 7 or 8 times
they also working on mac version for 3% of gamers... lol that made me laugh a lot.

Last edited by Evil_it_Self; 13/11/20 09:03 PM.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
W
journeyman
journeyman
W
Feeling a little bored, I get there is a lot to do and building a game of this magnitude is no small task, but it would be nice to at least hear SOMETHING from the studio, haven't seen any announcements in a while....
Great game so far but I think a little more community interaction would go a long way... I'm having Fallout 76 flashbacks over here.
I fear by the time the actual game is complete, people will have moved on.

N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by whalesecrets
Feeling a little bored, I get there is a lot to do and building a game of this magnitude is no small task, but it would be nice to at least hear SOMETHING from the studio, haven't seen any announcements in a while....
Great game so far but I think a little more community interaction would go a long way... I'm having Fallout 76 flashbacks over here.
I fear by the time the actual game is complete, people will have moved on.

They did a twitter update a few hours ago, they are working, just don't have anything ready yet

S
Banned
Banned
S
Larian should install a reassuring twitter bot that will send small reassuring messages to concerned and anxious fans every day - free sign up of course.
"Just letting you know we are working hard today"
"Had more work done today."
"One more feature implemented for future patch, just hold on"
"Only three devs ended in the hospital due to covid today, but they can still code as long as they get oxygen!"
"The doctors told us they will lay them on their chest so they can type. All day."

W
journeyman
journeyman
W
Fair, honestly even if their update was "all our developers have Covid" nothings happening for a month, it would still be nice to hear about what's going on.
I'll check the twitter feed, thanks for the tip!

addict
addict
Originally Posted by N7Greenfire
They did a twitter update a few hours ago, they are working, just don't have anything ready yet
[Linked Image]
Hopefully the new update contains some previously WIP content like classes and Act 1C / 1D.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by N7Greenfire
[Linked Image]
Hopefully the new update contains some previously WIP content like classes and Act 1C / 1D.

I'm gonna hazard a guess and say - 'under construction' scenes are gonna get lifted. We'll be able to appreciate more nude characters other than Minthara. wink

I'm curious how buggy will they be. I mean, Gale's little bed time story scene is glitch galore.

Last edited by Nicottia; 14/11/20 12:00 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Nicottia
I'm gonna hazard a guess and say - 'under construction' scenes are gonna get lifted. We'll be able to appreciate more nude characters other than Minthara. wink

I'm curious how buggy will they be. I mean, Gale's little bed time story scene is glitch galore.

I expect some of those to be added soonish as well and hopefully, they will be already a bit more polished (at least to a level of Minthara romance lol)
They kinda hinted at it in 9th community update too.

“There is only one thing we say to Death:
Not today.”
addict
addict
[quote=Vhaldez]I'm gonna hazard a guess and say - 'under construction' scenes are gonna get lifted. We'll be able to appreciate more nude characters other than Minthara. wink

If this is what they were working on for patch3 I want a spiritual refund.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Of course it's a matter of patience. That goes without saying, when the description of the EA states the full game is still a year off--at least. At this rate--18 months, I'd say.

I think that EA purchasers also know that they have paid for "the full game," otherwise no one would have bought the EA if they had to turn around and pay $60 again
for the finished product grin.

Neither of those salient points is the point, imo. I think it would be good for Larian to set up a regular goal for patches--say, once a week. First it would mean patches that fix a minimum number of things, instead of a monolithic laundry list of patch items that stretches to infinity and therefore takes weeks if not months to complete. IE, better a small patch that fixes a few things correctly, served up on a weekly basis, rather than giant patches designed to fix two or three dozen things--and then breaking a dozen other things in the process--and taking three weeks to a month to offer!

It's just setting smaller goals but sticking to them, imo. If EA purchasers could see a small patch once a week, or even a somewhat larger patch every two weeks--on a regular basis--it would at least provide Larian's customers with a semblance of progress towards the final goal of the complete game. This makes perfect sense to me--don't know why it wouldn't for anyone.

As it is, daily I fire up Galaxy, hoping for a patch I never see. With no idea when the next one will fall. Of course, someone is going to tell me how ridiculous I am with these suggestions. Really, though, I'm not shooting for ridiculous, and I'm not complaining all that stringently--like I say, I see this game, done right, as the Game of the Decade very possibly! I'm just suggesting something that probably might serve to carve a bit of order out of the chaos, is it were... laugh

Do I expect it will matter? Good gosh, no...! But I am ever the optimist.

I'm never wrong about anything, and so if you see an error in any of my posts you will know immediately that I did not write it...;)
N
old hand
old hand
N
[quote=Vhaldez]I'm gonna hazard a guess and say - 'under construction' scenes are gonna get lifted. We'll be able to appreciate more nude characters other than Minthara. wink

If this is what they were working on for patch3 I want a spiritual refund.

I admit. I laughed laugh

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Waltc
Of course it's a matter of patience. That goes without saying, when the description of the EA states the full game is still a year off--at least. At this rate--18 months, I'd say.

I think that EA purchasers also know that they have paid for "the full game," otherwise no one would have bought the EA if they had to turn around and pay $60 again

Neither of those salient points is the point, imo. I think it would be good for Larian to set up a regular goal for patches--say, once a week. First it would mean patches that fix a minimum number of things, instead of a monolithic laundry list of patch items that stretches to infinity and therefore takes weeks if not months to complete. IE, better a small patch that fixes a few things correctly, served up on a weekly basis, rather than giant patches designed to fix two or three dozen things--and then breaking a dozen other things in the process--and taking three weeks to a month to offer!

It's just setting smaller goals but sticking to them, imo. If EA purchasers could see a small patch once a week, or even a somewhat larger patch every two weeks--on a regular basis--it would at least provide Larian's customers with a semblance of progress towards the final goal of the complete game. This makes perfect sense to me--don't know why it wouldn't for anyone.

As it is, daily I fire up Galaxy, hoping for a patch I never see. With no idea when the next one will fall. Of course, someone is going to tell me how ridiculous I am with these suggestions. Really, though, I'm not shooting for ridiculous, and I'm not complaining all that stringently--like I say, I see this game, done right, as the Game of the Decade very possibly! I'm just suggesting something that probably might serve to carve a bit of order out of the chaos, is it were... laugh

Do I expect it will matter? Good gosh, no...! But I am ever the optimist.

+1 Well said.
I'd be perfectly reluctantly happy with a patch every month, as long as there was a stated patch schedule so I could know when expect new content.

addict
addict

I would have.

I think it would be good for Larian to set up a regular goal for patches--say, once a week.

That is beyond unrealistic. I would love to get an update weekly, but even asking for a monthly patch is probably too much. I don't think a lot of people don't understand what all is involved. You cant just say...well its Friday, lets put out what we have.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by RumRunner151

I would have.

I think it would be good for Larian to set up a regular goal for patches--say, once a week.

That is beyond unrealistic. I would love to get an update weekly, but even asking for a monthly patch is probably too much. I don't think a lot of people don't understand what all is involved. You cant just say...well its Friday, lets put out what we have.

Yeah, once a week patches won't happen. What Rum said.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Weekly patches is completely out of the question unless you want the weekly patch to just be tiny bug fixes or correcting labels and spelling mistakes.
Are people expecting a brand new class every week or something?

A
Ari Offline
journeyman
journeyman
A
Come now. Think of the potential. Every week, they could change one npc name. Or they could hide a Sven model somewhere in the game. It will be like a “where’s waldo” book.

Page 6 of 45 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 44 45

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard