Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 21 of 45 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 44 45
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by <Redacted>
Originally Posted by Tuco
P.S. It's also worth stressing that most people aren't really unhappy with the lack of a patch in itself (while admittedly it may not help the mood) as much as they are with how "secretive" Larian is being about what they are working on.
They are basically running an EA where they mostly act as if they felt absolutely no need to tell us anything of what they are doing.
And no, I'm sorry, but a blog post every few months with a bunch of factoids about players' habits (according to aggregated data) is not exactly the same that telling us "We are aware of this issue, we are going to do this about it" (or the evergreen alternative: "Tough luck suckers! We are doing whatever we feel like and you are going to eat this shit up with a smile".

<Redacted>

They just don't care.
It would have be more honnest to say "we're interrested in data and nothing more".

Last edited by Raze; 16/03/22 09:04 AM. Reason: deleted forum account

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
veteran
veteran
<Redacted>
I'm not sure about that. I think Larian does use this data, but I think that's pretty much it for player feedback. They addressed some stuff with patch 3 IIRC but that actually was a while ago

Last edited by Raze; 16/03/22 09:05 AM. Reason: deleted forum account

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
G
addict
addict
G
Originally Posted by Abits
<Redacted>
I'm not sure about that. I think Larian does use this data, but I think that's pretty much it for player feedback. They addressed some stuff with patch 3 IIRC but that actually was a while ago

What they cherrypick and want to acknowledge.

Last edited by Raze; 16/03/22 09:06 AM. Reason: deleted forum account
veteran
veteran
Look I'm sure they do benefit from running the ea except making some good money early on. I'm just pretty sure that by this point they would have preferred it if we just played the EA and shut up

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
veteran
veteran
Is there some sort of argument here?
Sure, the same as in original post ...
Just severaly repeated in multiple different forms, to decerase change of missunderstanding. wink

Reading still required tho. :-/

Originally Posted by Maximuuus
<Redacted>
They just don't care.
It would have be more honnest to say "we're interrested in data and nothing more".
I would not say they "just dont care" ...
About some things, you are probably right (that stuff where they see that we would like it, but it simply dont fit their vision ... like 6member party, or in past quite often repeated "real time with pause") ... but not in general. :-/

I want to believe they do read this forum ... then filter ... then re-read ... then filter again ... and the rest, they send forward to someone who take that idea, and re-shape it to fit their vision.
It might seem like they dont care, since we never get exactly what we asked for ... still our imput had some value for those changes.

Hopefully that promised comunity update will bring some light in this matter.

Last edited by Raze; 16/03/22 09:06 AM. Reason: deleted forum account

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Is there some sort of argument here?
Sure, the same as in original post ...
Just severaly repeated in multiple different forms, to decerase change of missunderstanding. wink

Reading still required tho. :-/

<Redacted>
They just don't care.
I would not say they "just dont care" ...
About some things, you are probably right (that stuff where they see that we would like it, but it simply dont fit their vision ... like 6member party, or in past quite often repeated "real time with pause") ... but not in general. :-/

I want to believe they do read this forum ... then filter ... then re-read ... then filter again ... and the rest, they send forward to someone who take that idea, and re-shape it to fit their vision.
It might seem like they dont care, since we never get exactly what we asked for ... still our imput had some value for those changes.

Hopefully that promised comunity update will bring some light in this matter.

Just believe what you want.
At this point it looks pretty clear to me that they just don't care about their players. It's close to be disrespectful.

Don't make a game with such a name if you're not ready to take care about a community that will care so much about the game.
75% of us wouldn't even be here if it was DoS3. They promised nothing but wind and "soon" just mean nothing.

I can hear that they have to make decision, that they have to think , that it's not ready, that... whatever you want... But we even don"t deserve vague informations.
Giving NOTHING to us is a shame. It's not like many of us weren't waiting this game for 20 years !

We're just their beta testers and their datas, not their community.

Last edited by Raze; 16/03/22 09:08 AM. Reason: deleted forum account

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
veteran
veteran
Just believe what you want.
Thank you. smile
But that was my plan anyway. laugh

At this point it looks pretty clear to me that they just don't care about their players. It's close to be disrespectful.
Yet still not even half as disrespectful as some users on this forum are to them. :-/

Don't make a game with such a name if you're not ready to take care about a community that will care so much about the game.
How can someone not mention Bloodlines 2 when he get so obvious smash pass(is that phrase used in english too?)? laugh
THAT is my dear friend how disrespectful, and not caring developer team, that excrete(?) on whole "name of product" lookalike. :-/

75% of us wouldn't even be here if it was DoS3.
Honestly, im one of 25% for certain ...
I dint even know Baldur's Gate until i have seen that trailer with Illithid ... and since i love Cthulhu, its design catches my eye ... i fall deeply in love imediatly, and it didnt let me go so far (354h played). smile
So i probably cant say anything about this. laugh

They promised nothing but wind and "soon" just mean nothing.
What they promised?
I mean, yes i know that they said "soon"â„¢ ... 2 weeks back ... but, that dont sound so dramatic to me. :-/

Once again, im kinda used from other studios ... Blizzard use Soonâ„¢ for time between half, and two years. laugh
When Diablo 3 was released(2012), there was known issue about user names containing special symbols ("Uživatel" in mine language) ... its was marked as "will be resolved Soon"™ ... it wasnt resolved til today and i kinda doubt it ever will. laugh

I can hear that they have to make decision, that they have to think , that it's not ready, that... whatever you want... But we even don"t deserve vague informations.
I would not lie ...
It would please me aswell to get info in some regular matter ... to be exited about deverloper diary every month would be great. Sadly there isnt much studios who would offer such comitment.

I would advise to wait with this critique after that promised Comunity Update ...

Giving NOTHING to us is a shame. It's not like many of us weren't waiting this game for 20 years !
I understand ...
Aswell as you were waiting foryour Baldur's Gate 3 ... i was waiting for Knights of the Old Republic 3 and Bloodlines 2 ...

You get your early acess ... you get 4 patches and 12 comunity upgrades ... another patch is preparing for your, and soonâ„¢ you get another comunity upgrade ... and there is no force in the universe (except huge asteroids, aliens, war, plagues, and cca billion other stuffs) that would stop you from geting your game.

I get ... one cinematic trailer and 20 minutes of HORRIBLE(!) gameplay video. laugh For one of them.
Im sorry, but i seem to be unable to recognize that shame you were talking about. laugh

We're just their beta testers and their datas, not their community.
How would you define difference? O_o

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 28/05/21 09:10 PM.

addict
addict
I admittedly lost enthusiasm for this game on Patch 4 and now I only follow peripherally.

But I have to say that I don't know why Larian gets so much praise for being a company that "listens to feedback". From what I am seeing on BG3 and from reports of what they did on DOS2, I don't see that much of feedback incorporated into their games. It is much more marketing than anything else. If they didn't do in the past, it is unlikely they will do in the future with better sales.

So I think it is a matter of adjusting expectations.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
I'm certainly not here because of DOS2... I only got the game last week.

There's so much impatience here. Games didn't always do open betas. I remember waiting around for any crumb of info about loads of games over the years, going months, sometimes a year or more, without any update whatsoever, and never having the chance to play them until they hit shelves as fully released games. This is way better than that.

veteran
veteran
Impatience... The game is in EA for 7 monthes and we only had a new class... nothing else significantly improve the game or the replay value of the EA.

Are u aware that an EA usually don't last for 5 years ?

Now I'm waiting for Ragnarock to come and say "they toned down surfaces, they improve cinematics, they fixed bugs, they add loaded dice, they improve the containers UI, now we can hide helmets...the updates were amazing !" (Or something like that)

Last edited by Maximuuus; 28/05/21 10:04 PM.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Maximuuus, I don't expect the game to be in EA for 5 years and 7 months is hardly 5 years lol. And yeah, they did do all of those things. That's the kind of stuff I expect for them to tackle. New classes and such I expect to be added less frequently. Druid came in what, late February? I think summer would be a good time for a new class to test out. We likely won't have all the classes until release anyway. Around 5 years total on a video game is pretty standard.

I agree, <Redacted>, and I do think they should be more communicative. We don't know what their internal conversations look like, and the feedback likely is a part of their process. We just aren't seeing it, which is a communication problem. I fully agree that should change, especially since we're contributing financially to this project. I also would like to see a roadmap of what is planned for EA, so please don't get the impression that I'm trying to shut the sentiment down entirely.

It's just that these forums get so hyperbolic you would think this was the worst failure of a video game ever attempted in the history of ever.

Last edited by Raze; 16/03/22 09:28 AM. Reason: deleted forum account
veteran
veteran
<Redacted>
How do you know they dont listen? O_o

I mean ...
Im listening to all (ok, most ... maybe more like some, w/e) of you, yet i dont change my opinion just bcs someone thinks his is better. :-/
Nor do others just bcs i think mine is better. laugh

<Redacted>
How do you know they dont have conversations driven by feedback? O_o

I mean ...
Was it told that those conversations will be here with us, or was that just your expectation? :P
They can simply move interesting opinions to their table, and conversate about them there.

Come on we arent even able to get to some compromises within oureselves ...
How can we expect them to follow our instructions when one say go right, another say go left, yet another say stand still, and im saing banana? laugh

Now I'm waiting for Ragnarock
I checked ... there is noone with that nick.
Im afraid you will wait a long time. laugh

"they toned down surfaces, they improve cinematics, they fixed bugs, they add loaded dice, they improve the containers UI, now we can hide helmets...the updates were amazing !" (Or something like that)
Or something like that. wink
https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=86&page=1

Last edited by Raze; 16/03/22 09:09 AM. Reason: deleted forum account

P
addict
addict
P
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Aswell as you were waiting foryour Baldur's Gate 3 ... i was waiting for Knights of the Old Republic 3 and Bloodlines 2 ...

Were you as disappointed as I was when Lucasfilm killed that fan remake of KOTOR in Unreal engine? God that looked awesome!

Last edited by Pandemonica; 28/05/21 10:41 PM.
P
addict
addict
P
<Redacted>

Just saying....EVERY developer that launches a EA gives the old "we want to hear player feedback" line, it is PR. It is a reach around for their customers to make them feel special or part of something. I have never taken that crap seriously. This is my 3rd EA, and they have all been about the same. The only communication that I have seen developers MAYBE act on, is in beta, which this is not. Even then, 9/10 they just looked at data rather than opinions (because lets be honest every player has their own opinion on what would make a game they like better).

Last edited by Raze; 16/03/22 09:10 AM. Reason: deleted forum account
P
addict
addict
P
Impatience... The game is in EA for 7 monthes and we only had a new class... nothing else significantly improve the game or the replay value of the EA.

Are u aware that an EA usually don't last for 5 years ?

Now I'm waiting for Ragnarock to come and say "they toned down surfaces, they improve cinematics, they fixed bugs, they add loaded dice, they improve the containers UI, now we can hide helmets...the updates were amazing !" (Or something like that)

Pretty sure a little thing called COVID probably put a major dent in their development cycle.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Pandemonica
Were you as disappointed as I was when Lucasfilm killed that fan remake of KOTOR in Unreal engine? God that looked awesome!
Well ... would you describe your disappointment as devastative? Then i was. :-/
It was even sader, if you actualy realize that "remake" was only addon to original game, so people would still need to buy the old game. :-/
Pure entusiasm, none profit ...

But there is yet another rumor about KotOR remaster roaming around the internet ...
I hope that somebody tracked those people down and eployed them ... they were incredibly talented. frown

Just saying....EVERY developer that launches a EA gives the old "we want to hear player feedback" line, it is PR. It is a reach around for their customers to make them feel special or part of something. I have never taken that crap seriously. This is my 3rd EA, and they have all been about the same. The only communication that I have seen developers MAYBE act on, is in beta, which this is not. Even then, 9/10 they just looked at data rather than opinions (because lets be honest every player has their own opinion on what would make a game they like better).
Even if ... honestly, can you blame them?

Cantrips was adjusted, as some of us wanted ...
Spellcasting was adjusted, as some of us wanted ...
Conversations was adjusted, as some of us wanted ...
Another lines and dialogue choices was added, as some of us wanted ...

That are just few examples, certainly not whole list.
And did you notice at least ONE topic telling them "we appreciate you listened to us, and we like this change" ?
Or did you notice litteraly countless topics about "they do nothing" wich actualy means "they didnt do what I WANTED" ?

P
addict
addict
P
<Redacted>

The only way you could actually "call them out" is to not purchase the EA or preorder games. If you do, they got your money and honestly don't care. I mean look, lets be honest here. The main reason for the EA was they needed an infusion of cash. It wasn't to get players "feedback". They sold millions of dollars on the EA to drive their development. They have a road map, most of this is decided. If I was some of these detractors I would come to terms with the fact that there is more than likely above 95% chance there will be no day/night cycle (actually they straight out said there wasn't and have never promised it), that the combat will NEVER be as in depth as some want it to be, and no amount of times that they bring up the S word, will it actually affect any decision they will make. If the EA bothers some players so much, lay it down until launch, play other things and enjoy your gaming.

Last edited by Raze; 16/03/22 09:11 AM. Reason: deleted forum account
veteran
veteran
If the EA bothers some players so much, lay it down until launch, play other things and enjoy your gaming.

Good thing we can play other games AND comment on how we would like this game to go.

edit: can not can't lol

Last edited by Boblawblah; 29/05/21 12:11 AM.
P
addict
addict
P
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
If the EA bothers some players so much, lay it down until launch, play other things and enjoy your gaming.

Good thing we can't play other games AND comment on how we would like this game to go.
Wow I just love how some posters take a single snippet of a post, and than try to totally misrepresent the entire point of the post. But hey if it gets you a chance to use a little snark, it is all worth it...isn't it?

addict
addict
Is the game dead on its tracks? Not a single piece of info on anything. Zero community feedback.
Yes they are working on the game, and so are dozens of other developers of other RPGs and are 10x more communicative with its fan base.

Last edited by mr_planescapist; 29/05/21 12:15 AM.
Page 21 of 45 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 44 45

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard