Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Joined: Oct 2020
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by DiDiDi
Originally Posted by Tuco
Two months later I crossed a guy on the Steam forums that implied that this has been fixed and that now letting Gale die and resting for few days without saving him leads to a game over.
I'm not sure if he put the theory to the test or if he just took the game's narration for granted.

I'm here to ask confirmation, since I haven't completed a new playthrough since Patch 3 released: did anyone test if they actually fix this?
Yup, the cinematic itself is not done yet ("Cinematic pending"), but you die after sleeping 3 times after Gale's death.
Thats odd ...
My Githyani killed him in first encounter (never recruited him) then i played as usualy, and nothing happened. o_O
And yes, it was after patch 3 ... maybe its conditioned by him warning you? :-/


I liked original spellcasting system more ... frown

Anyway ... i cast Eldritch Blast!
Joined: Oct 2020
D
member
Offline
member
D
Joined: Oct 2020
Yeah, maybe - I just killed him while he was in my party. The "quest" & warning dialogue started. Then I just long-rested 3 times.

Joined: Jul 2014
Tuco Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Joined: Jul 2014
Originally Posted by DiDiDi
Yeah, maybe - I just killed him while he was in my party. The "quest" & warning dialogue started. Then I just long-rested 3 times.
Well, in any case I'm surprisingly impressed they actually addressed this detail.
Honestly despise venting about how much I disliked the incongruence, I assumed it would remain forever one of these "videogame-y" things where they pretend everything is fine.

Just out of curiosity, outside of the "cinematic pending" how is the game over presented exactly? Some line of text, a pop-up telling you why it's game over or...?


Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. You too can join the good fight HERE
Joined: Oct 2020
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Tuco
Just out of curiosity, outside of the "cinematic pending" how is the game over presented exactly? Some line of text, a pop-up telling you why it's game over or...?

Like this:

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 01/02/21 03:28 PM.

I liked original spellcasting system more ... frown

Anyway ... i cast Eldritch Blast!
Joined: Nov 2020
Banned
Offline
Banned
Joined: Nov 2020
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Originally Posted by JustAnotherBaldu
But the Beholders in the game feel kinda weak in comparisation to their Hype.
Where did you found Beholder?
I fighted just two Spectators. frown

Those are waker versions ... kinda like you wanted to fight elder drake, and fight dragon youngling instead. smile

I know they look like Spectators buuuu~t the text says "Beholder" in my client. grin

€dit:
German client error maybe?

Last edited by JustAnotherBaldu; 04/02/21 01:24 AM.
Joined: Nov 2020
O
OcO Offline
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
O
Joined: Nov 2020
Originally Posted by JustAnotherBaldu
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Originally Posted by JustAnotherBaldu
But the Beholders in the game feel kinda weak in comparisation to their Hype.
Where did you found Beholder?
I fighted just two Spectators. frown

Those are waker versions ... kinda like you wanted to fight elder drake, and fight dragon youngling instead. smile

I know they look like Spectators buuuu~t the text says "Beholder" in my client. grin

€dit:
German client error maybe?

Aye that must be a translation thing. In the English version it is labeled as Spectator.
Also Beholders have 10 eye stocks with different abilities each + their "always on" central eye power.
After being teased with that Spectator, I really...really...really hope we get to face off against a real one.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5