Print Thread
#732308 11/11/20 10:08 AM
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Hello Larian,
idea which is easy to implement and supports the existing feature to send things to the camp:
- Can you place a trader in the camp who can buy things from you? Would make it much easier to collect money and would give more meaning to send all the stuff you find to the camp. This in collaboration with the Charisma-Group-Selling-check would make things much more useable...

Can be combined with a quest that you support certain groups (Zhentarim, Traders guild...)

old hand
old hand
Volo can buy things from you in camp, I think he has around 1000 gold, which refreshes every time you go to camp. I think. Not 100% on that. But I sold many things to him in my first playthrough.

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Ah... didnt see that... as long as he is always there then its already done...

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Firesnakearies
Volo can buy things from you in camp, I think he has around 1000 gold, which refreshes every time you go to camp. I think. Not 100% on that. But I sold many things to him in my first playthrough.

Huh, I don't remember being able to buy or sell things from him. I wonder if there's some sort of prerequisite for letting him buy items.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Bukke

Huh, I don't remember being able to buy or sell things from him. I wonder if there's some sort of prerequisite for letting him buy items.

Nope ... he is just not officialy "vendor" so you need to use that "trade" button in down left corner ...
But this is possible since first second you met Volo, also he sells quite interesting ring for healer. smile

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 11/11/20 12:01 PM.

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
addict
addict
Sheesh I missed that as well.
I have to say there is an awful lot in EA I did not spot, which is refreshing and annoying at the same time. I appreciate I deliberately did not look in every nook and cranny because I didn't want EA burnout and will wait for new content before trying a different approach. THat said things like who you can trade with should be a little more obvious, at least in my view, maybe I'm just blind!! lol.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Originally Posted by Bukke

Nope ... he is just not officialy "vendor" so you need to use that "trade" button in down left corner ...
But this is possible since first second you met Volo, also he sells quite interesting ring for healer. smile

Wow, I completely missed that button.
I guess that explains it then - I was looking for a dialogue option to open the trade interface.

old hand
old hand
You can actually trade with almost every NPC you meet, there's usually a button for it down in the corner.

enthusiast
enthusiast
That does seem to be the case. Guess I'll have to keep an eye on what the random NPCs have in stock next time I play the game.

I vote for a trader in the camp, but only if he also sells DLC

S
Banned
Banned
S
There is too many official traders as it is. I know you want one more for convenience but some consideration should be given to the narrative and the state of the gameworld we are in in this act.

If it was up to me the only trader would be the halfling in the temple, because she is the only one that has actual trading routes available - i.e. some way of offloading the gear you sell to her and replenish cash.
Of course, that will never happen and all trading, money and economy will remain completely insane and absurd - just for convenience of some players.

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
It would be quite easy to implement this with a useful story. You will have access to Baldurs Gate later on. There are merchant guilds availble (as we still know from BG1), the Zents we already met. Why should not one with a story be able to travel with your group after a certain story or you bribe this person to give you better prices... or a thieves guild...

Link Copied to Clipboard