Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
old hand
old hand
There was a thread where I talked about the artificer class for 5e. I am a fan, but a fan of the 3.5 class, sounded like they took features and split it between multiple versions.

addict
addict
I was watching a Discovery Channel documentary a while ago where they were showing an ancient Roman device, somewhat shaped like a hollow pencil, that was designed to remove cataracts from the human eye. The skill and precision of the instrument makers was incredible! But all things considered, if I had the option to have a magic spell do the same job, then I would much rather do that than have a pointy metal object jabbed into my eye.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I want all the classes and subclasses. Just say portals Mindflayers discovered did it. Boom done.

I expect artificer will be a DLC content release or would hope

enthusiast
enthusiast
I really want to multi-class sorcerer and warlock. Casting two eldritch blasts in one turn is my jam.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Argyle
I was watching a Discovery Channel documentary a while ago where they were showing an ancient Roman device, somewhat shaped like a hollow pencil, that was designed to remove cataracts from the human eye. The skill and precision of the instrument makers was incredible! But all things considered, if I had the option to have a magic spell do the same job, then I would much rather do that than have a pointy metal object jabbed into my eye.

What's the point of removing a cataract if you can't replace the lens of the eye? In modern cataract surgery they basically slide out the old messed up lens and replace it with one that works.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Paladin is the class I hope they give us next. It's my favorite martial class. Currently I have a mod for that, but Larians version would be welcome. That is as long as they do smite correctly. As far as other subclasses, I'd really like to see Wizard schools of Enchantment, Necromancy, and Divination. Nothing says evil path like a Necromancer. It'd also be nice to give us other Cleric Domain like: War, Tempest, and Death.

enthusiast
enthusiast
If you're limited to one summon then I don't think necromancer is worth a damn.

journeyman
journeyman
My experience with D&D is limited to BG1/2 and NWN1/2, but in those and almost every other role-playing game I've played, I am a thief/rogue. I was assuming I would do that here as well.

I like the feeling of being able to waltz undetected through an area, satiate my curiousity of what's in every chest or closet, and take anything useful or interesting (especially books--forget the gold, my library is missing a volume!) without anyone being the wiser. I like to imagine the look on people's faces later when they realise their stuff is gone and they have no idea where it went, especially if they were rude to me in an earlier dialogue. I don't often steal money from poor people in games because it makes me feel guilty, and I often help them out with what I've stolen from those who can afford to lose it. Plus, I like the finesse involved in picking locks and persuading people. No muss, no fuss.

That said, I've purposely been trying other classes in EA, and I may end up deciding I'd like to do something different this time. I grew to like my tiefling warlock, so I may do something similar (bard? sorcerer?).

old hand
old hand
Paladin!

B
Banned
Banned
B
A class that fights within DnD rules would be my favorite but I doubt they make on in the game.

Z
addict
addict
Z
Probably sorcerer.

First it was druid, but the animal forms are so weak and 95% of spells are concentration, meaning you basically ignore all of them in favor of moonbeam/flame sphere 99% of the time. Huge disappointment with druid.

But then again, huge disappointment with warlock and the eldritch blast+hex spam gameplay.

old hand
old hand
Give me College of Valor Bard!

Mostly because I love Bards in general, but I suspect that Valor specifically will end up becoming hilariously broken within the context of BG3's mechanics. Martial weapon, double attack, shield and light/medium armor proficiency on a class with full spellcaster progression, ability to learn 2 spells of your choice from any other class at level 10, and high persuasion modifiers? Yes please!

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Zenith
Probably sorcerer.

First it was druid, but the animal forms are so weak and 95% of spells are concentration, meaning you basically ignore all of them in favor of moonbeam/flame sphere 99% of the time. Huge disappointment with druid.

But then again, huge disappointment with warlock and the eldritch blast+hex spam gameplay.

Druid I agree with. By limiting use of concentration spells in animal form, they utterly eviscerate any enjoyment in the class compared to the standard TT rules. Warlock though, that's what they do at lower levels. You get more interesting options as the game goes on, and frankly, if long resting weren't so easy, they'd also have some comparatively strong options over the course of an adventuring day.

veteran
veteran
I really hope for the bard class next.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Ankou
If you're limited to one summon then I don't think necromancer is worth a damn.

Absolutely correct. But if they do that to the Necromancer, then it's not a Necromancer. It's their 6th level ability that makes them one, and that ability is multiple summons. Their 3rd level ability is very weak. Multiple summons is the whole point of a Necromancer, it's all they really got. If they stick to 1 summons even with subclass abilities, I'll have to wait for someone to mod a correction.

Dez Offline
addict
addict
Unfortunately, the class (or sub-class, rather) I am looking forward to is not included in BG3. frown Ever since PoE2, Arcane Archer has been the unrivaled favorite class for me - the combination of archery and magic just took my breath away. Both in how effective it was, how fun it was and how absolutely amazing the entire class-fantasy felt. 11/10 would play again!

Unfortunately, Arcane Archer seems to be a sub-class of Fighters accoring to 5e, and it does not seem to be included at all in BG3. q _ q Probably because it apparently belongs to Xanathar's Guide to Everything frown One can hope it will be included, someday.

Last edited by Dez; 06/04/21 05:42 PM.

Hoot hoot, stranger! Fairly new to CRPGs, but I tried my best to provide some feedback regardless! <3 Read it here: My Open Letter to Larian
D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Originally Posted by Dez
Unfortunately, Arcane Archer seems to be a sub-class of Fighters accoring to 5e, and it does not seem to be included at all in BG3. q _ q Probably because it apparently belongs to Xanathar's Guide to Everything frown One can hope it will be included, someday.

A modder discovered assets for a hexblade subclass, possible that it will be in the first expansion/dlc along with other subclasses such as arcane archer. Have hope smile xanathars sub classes a very popular, so I wouldnt be surprized to see them in before or just after release.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard