Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
So each item has a prize written in its description and when you buy it you pay more than this number and when you sell it you get less.
Each party member has to pay a different prize.

- What skill determines how much you have to pay?
I guess its based on charisma.

- Looks like there is a value how much other people like you.
I guess rising this value gives you better prizes, like in D:OS
How can you see how much somebody likes you?

- Don´t tell me I have to give the shop stuff for free to make him like me more and give me better prizes, like in D:OS.
If so, how can we tell if his friendship is maxed out?

groovy Prof. Dr. Dr. Mad S. Tist groovy

World leading expert of artificial stupidity.
Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
addict
addict
I have about the exact same questions, that was I going to ask at some point in the Help sub-forum. But since you have asked, I'll follow this thread for the answers.

The only thing I know so far :
- Charisma (most likely) determines how good the prices you get are. While inside the trade screen with a trader, if you switch to a different character, the charisma of the newly selected character is taken into account. So a short sword is going to be sold at different prices, during the same trade screen/conversation, depending on whose inventory it is in. Which is very ... hm ... not a great idea.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Madscientist
So each item has a prize written in its description and when you buy it you pay more than this number and when you sell it you get less.

- Don´t tell me I have to give the shop stuff for free to make him like me more and give me better prizes, like in D:OS.

Yes Charisma of the person whose inventory you have up, not the person who you initiated the conversation with. Many people have requested this.
Also, things like favor should at least be in the log when you open the dialog.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
At first I have wasted money by shopping with my main char.
Now I move all items to sell in the inventory of the char with the highest charisma.
This can be quite annoying if you do it all the time.
Especially when the char is a cha based caster with low str.

groovy Prof. Dr. Dr. Mad S. Tist groovy

World leading expert of artificial stupidity.
Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Now I move all items to sell in the inventory of the char with the highest charisma.

You can park your shopping character next to the trader and transfer all your random gubbins to them from the ones with the broader shoulders. Though the inventory management still needs to be better I find I'm having to do that all the time anyway because the stuff I've put in wares tends to be spread around all my characters. It's quite handy for looting an environment that has lots of random crap as your vendor-charmer doesn't need to be anywhere near your other dudes but they can just magically teleport stuff to them regardless.

J'aime le fromage.
G
guy Offline
G

Originally Posted by vometia

You can park your shopping character next to the trader and transfer all your random gubbins to them from the ones with the broader shoulders. Though the inventory management still needs to be better I find I'm having to do that all the time anyway because the stuff I've put in wares tends to be spread around all my characters. It's quite handy for looting an environment that has lots of random crap as your vendor-charmer doesn't need to be anywhere near your other dudes but they can just magically teleport stuff to them regardless.

I will type this now. Shopping in this game, as it currently is, is broken.
You can sell everything and get 0 gold if you don't pay attention.
There needs to be a "auto" counter offer on the part of the merchant to begin with.

I assume this is where you are going with it, and that it is early access.
I also assume there with be a sort of "barter" check implemented at some point. Something not only based on CHA, but based on a passive skill check as well, or even a feat.

Moot point though considering gold in this game seems pretty pointless ATM.
I have 8000 gold sitting doing nothing on my "explore check stuff out account."
And I keep ending up killing everything on that account, so I sell everything, go murder hobo, and get everything back, plus all the gold.

There is no reason not to, no vendors really have anything to care about too much, and gold just means so little in game.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard