Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Joined: Mar 2013
S
veteran
Offline
veteran
S
Joined: Mar 2013
i realy am not a big fan of the armors so far.
The barbarian armor, much like many of the others, just feels flat and it lacks cultural signifiers, there ought to be more frazetta in there

Joined: Mar 2020
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Mar 2020
The armors looks good, I think the problem is with their shiny colours that are a bit silly.
Another big problem that I really hope will be fixed is the lack of face models. Too many characters in the game has an MC face model


Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
Joined: Nov 2020
Location: Universe
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Nov 2020
Location: Universe
I think the barbarian armor needs more fur/jewels/maybe bones/tribal stuff, but overall I'm fine with it. It might be the low level version of something more impressive so I won't sweat it. I do feel that the body models are too small and skinny for barbarians. I'm hoping for a body slider buy I doubt it. I also agree with Abits about adding a few more faces for variety. Though I'll be rocking a beard so I probably won't notice.

The werewolves look good to me and the skeleton I thought was fane for a split second.

Joined: Nov 2020
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Joined: Nov 2020
Originally Posted by Sordak
i realy am not a big fan of the armors so far.
The barbarian armor, much like many of the others, just feels flat and it lacks cultural signifiers, there ought to be more frazetta in there

Yeah, I think BG3 armors have really been hit or miss. I do like the drow and the sorcerer sets but I'm disappointed by the barbarian armor as well. I was hoping for something more menacing and warrior-like and this looks more like a shaman armor to me.


Baldur's Gate 3 Character Renders (SPOILERS)
esomodelviewer.com/baldurs-gate-3
Joined: Jan 2018
W
old hand
Offline
old hand
W
Joined: Jan 2018
Originally Posted by N7Greenfire
Originally Posted by FaultyValve


I previously thought (and posted) that it would be unlikely that BG3 would include or be about Bhaalspawn, due to the end of Throne of Bhaal. However.. With the datamined Bhaalspawn slayer, it's either a leftover from a century ago..... or how long have we (MC at least) been on that Nautiloid?


Its heavily implied if not outright stated that the Nautiloid has some time travel involved


When is anything said about time travel? Bhaal was resurrected 25 years before the start of the game (if I have the dates right), so why would there be time travel?

Joined: Oct 2020
Location: United Kingdom
apprentice
Offline
apprentice
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: United Kingdom
Awesome work, Cactus. Please let us know whenever you add more models!


- Priest
Joined: Nov 2020
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Joined: Nov 2020
Originally Posted by Priest
Awesome work, Cactus. Please let us know whenever you add more models!

Thank you! Someone at Reddit requested female versions so I'll let everyone know when I add those as well.


Baldur's Gate 3 Character Renders (SPOILERS)
esomodelviewer.com/baldurs-gate-3
Joined: Oct 2020
N
member
Offline
member
N
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Cactus_Back
I've added several datamined armor renders as well, including
barbarian and sorcerer
armors. You can check them here in the Datamine > Armor section.

I haven't bothered doing female versions but if anyone really wants to see those, let me know and I'll see if I can add them as well.

Dang good job dude, is it safe to say barb and sorc qre the most done?

Joined: Nov 2020
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Joined: Nov 2020
Originally Posted by N7Greenfire

Dang good job dude, is it safe to say barb and sorc qre the most done?

I only checked the armors, so not sure about the actual implementation of their class mechanics but yes, it looks like their armors are pretty much fully done for all races and genders.


Baldur's Gate 3 Character Renders (SPOILERS)
esomodelviewer.com/baldurs-gate-3
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Netherlands
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Netherlands
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]

> Makes uniform druid robes for every druid NPC
> PC gets knockoff Wizard robes

????

Joined: Oct 2020
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Vhaldez
[Linked Image]


This is what it feels like to chew 5 gum

Joined: Sep 2020
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Sep 2020
Originally Posted by Vhaldez
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]

> Makes uniform druid robes for every druid NPC
> PC gets knockoff Wizard robes

????

I'm not getting what's your problem here?
All druid NPC we met so far are from one same circle. Druid circle is pretty much the same thing as a particular monastery of particular branch for other religions. It's somewhat logical for them to have some kind of uniform, similiar ritual and ceremonial clothes.
PC isn't from the same circle. Why he supposed to wear the same uniform?

Joined: Nov 2020
E
member
Offline
member
E
Joined: Nov 2020
Don't get really angry - they could change a lot of art in the release, just saying what they say. It is all work in process.

Joined: Aug 2014
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Aug 2014
There's nothing that says "druid" on that green robe though.

It looks like this season's Baldur's Gate city Wizard fashion. =)

Joined: Feb 2020
member
Offline
member
Joined: Feb 2020
Originally Posted by Vhaldez
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]

> Makes uniform druid robes for every druid NPC
> PC gets knockoff Wizard robes

????


Of those three, I would much rather have the druid robes look like the middle one; regardless of gender. The one on the left looks like green wizard robes, while the one on the right looks more like leather (maybe even pleather) armor that a druid might wear, than druid robes.

EDIT: I think it is important to also say that it doesn't really make sense that druid robes would be that shade of green; it is far too clean and bright. Druids don't have prestidigitation so no cleaning with magic. I expect druid's clothing to be faded from exposure and made from more neutral tones; they don't necessarily have to be muddy.

Last edited by AnonySimon; 24/11/20 07:55 PM.
Joined: Jun 2020
apprentice
Offline
apprentice
Joined: Jun 2020
Thanks for those renders... I found your site a few days ago. Nice work smile

Joined: Nov 2020
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Joined: Nov 2020
I think the druid robe will probably get changed. Or just scrapped altogether. It's only an internal name after all and as I've just discovered there do not seem to be a female or any other race versions of it. It was featured in the teaser trailer so perhaps it was only a placeholder before Larian added the actual druid armor worn by NPC druids in-game.

Originally Posted by HarbsNarbs
Thanks for those renders... I found your site a few days ago. Nice work smile

No problem and thanks for checking them out!


Baldur's Gate 3 Character Renders (SPOILERS)
esomodelviewer.com/baldurs-gate-3
Joined: Nov 2020
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Joined: Nov 2020
I've added female versions of the armors here (Datamine > Armor).

Sadly the druid robe, shadow druid and dwarven plate armors do not seem to have female versions (yet?).


Baldur's Gate 3 Character Renders (SPOILERS)
esomodelviewer.com/baldurs-gate-3
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Netherlands
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Netherlands
Originally Posted by Zellin
I'm not getting what's your problem here?
All druid NPC we met so far are from one same circle. Druid circle is pretty much the same thing as a particular monastery of particular branch for other religions. It's somewhat logical for them to have some kind of uniform, similiar ritual and ceremonial clothes.
PC isn't from the same circle. Why he supposed to wear the same uniform?
I don't understand why they committed to uniforms for druids in the first place but if they do, the only difference between the circles should be the emblem on their chest right? That is what the uniform is for. The PC's druid robes look nothing like what druids wear in Act 1, or what novices wear for that matter.
Originally Posted by Cactus_Back
I think the druid robe will probably get changed. Or just scrapped altogether. It's only an internal name after all and as I've just discovered there do not seem to be a female or any other race versions of it. It was featured in the teaser trailer so perhaps it was only a placeholder before Larian added the actual druid armor worn by NPC druids in-game.
Let's hope so.

Joined: Nov 2020
A
addict
Offline
addict
A
Joined: Nov 2020
Originally Posted by Cactus_Back
I've added female versions of the armors here (Datamine > Armor).

Sadly the druid robe, shadow druid and dwarven plate armors do not seem to have female versions (yet?).

Thank you!

The female wizard robe looks lovely, my favourite so far.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5