Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 18 1 2 3 4 17 18
T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
If I was shown the Half-plate with no labelling I would've assumed it was leather armor.

I mean, if I purchased a half-plate and got that, I'd feel like I got ripped-off. This is the equivalent of getting a prime-rib steak that is 95% bone and 5% meat.

Last edited by Topgoon; 19/11/20 06:16 PM.
Dez Offline
addict
addict
Hmmm.

Regarding the light armor - the padded one looks alright. Safe and somewhat stylish. The leather one is plain - for the better or worse. The studded armor looks absolutely terrible, in my opinion. >.<

Medium armor - hide armor looks... Alright. Chain is not my style, but the T3 one looks good enough! The T2 scalemail looks great, but T3 is a bit too much - in my opinion. Really like the breastplate. Half-plate looks weird, though, at least for the females... :x

Heavy armor - Ringmail t2 - WTB pants. T3 looks dope though. I like the chainmail - though the colors of the T3 is definitely not my style though. Splitmain T1 and T2 looks awful - but the T3 one is gorgeous! The plate in general gets a plain "NOPE!" from me. >.<

Just opinions, I don't think anything should be changed or removed if people like them in general - as long as there are mods to "transmog" with, then I'll be happy as long as there is one good set.

Personally, I am the direct opposite of some people here. I like stylish armor - it is a fantasy game so I am not really too concerned about the "practical" value of the armor. I mean... There is literally enchanted gear and weapons, real life logic does not apply imo - like I said in another thread about the subject... If there was a magic bra making you invincible - then it would be used in real life. Bra, or not.

None of these are what I'd call ideal for myself. When it comes to outfits alone, then this is my top list of choices (personal preferences, these types are not for everyone :p ):

Female armor:

Light/Medium - Senna, Samira and Katarina (League of Legends), Demon hunter sets (Diablo 3). For more caster style, Yuna and Lulu (Final Fantasy), Morgana / Karma (League of Legends) or Tyrande (Heroes of the Storm / World of Warcraft).

Heavy armor - Saber (Fate), Crusader and barbarian sets (Diablo 3), Leona (League of Legends) or Auriel (Heroes of the Storm).

Male armor:

Light/Medium - Cloud, Aaron or Valentine (Final Fantasy), Jhin or Graves (League of Legends), demon hunter sets (Diablo 3). For casters: Twisted Fate or Swain (League of Legends), monk sets (Diablo 3), Medivh and Deckard Cain (Heroes of the Storm).

Heavy armor - Guts and Griffith (Berserk), crusaders and barbarian sets (Diablo 3), Darius and Shen (League of Legends).

Hoot hoot, stranger! Fairly new to CRPGs, but I tried my best to provide some feedback regardless! <3 Read it here: My Open Letter to Larian
old hand
old hand
I always, always prefer plainer, more practical-looking armors over weird, fancy ones.

#736697 20/11/20 05:53 AM
Mod edit for new Megathread title: previous title; "Looks of Armor"

I do know that there have been MANY posts of the different looks of armor types, I'm one of those that prefer a more practical look when it comes to armor. Regardless of that, however, the only thing I do ask is that multiple versions of the same armor type look at least a little bit different. I had my main and Astarion standing next to each other, both wearing leather armor, and it was identical. Literally. Down to the imperfections of the cut. Same color, same style, same notches in the panels. This is EA, so I'm understanding of that, but, in release, please make some variations in the armor. Just some randomness when two characters are wearing the same type, just for some ascetic feel. I guess this would probably also go for weapons as well. Two rapiers are going to look completely different from each other. (I apprenticed under a forger/weapons master for a time, so I know that even individual smiths don't like reproducing the same look of a weapon each time. They will create variations of each one)

Last edited by Sadurian; 14/01/21 12:25 PM.
veteran
veteran
Armor visuals aside, I think all the mechanics should be there as well. Namely the strength requirements.

Ring Mail has no purpose when Chain Mail doesn't require that 13 Strength. Ring Mail could be the armor of choice for low level Clerics who have the proficiency but less than 13 Str and Dex, before they can upgrade to a Half Plate. Otherwise I don't see any purpose for Ring Mail to exist in the first place. It's only marginally better than Scale Mail for a 10 Dex character to begin with.

Even more important is that Splint and Plate require that 15 Strength so that Strength gets some value over Dex. And that Clerics can't dump both Strength and Dex and wear Full Plate with 8 Strength.

Chain Mail could be available at the stores since it's a basic starting armor. Withholding it for a few hours so it would be an upgrade doesn't really make things more exciting.

And what's up with the pricing? Studded Leather costs 500?

enthusiast
enthusiast
In all honest so far I've only seen leather, chain mail, and robes and will have to agree with you.

addict
addict
It's a recurring request, and I fully agree. Cosmetic variants would be great. Also tinting.

veteran
veteran
Shoutout to the Flaming Fist armor design. It's looks stylish and great without being over the top.

Stylish but utilitarian armor like this for players too, please. This style is much more pleasing than Studded Leather or Scale Mail, or many of the overly decorated future armor that have been datamined.

https://youtu.be/bn4AuvMxNuI?t=204

Last edited by 1varangian; 23/11/20 11:02 AM.
E
E
Originally Posted by 1varangian
Shoutout to the Flaming Fist armor design. It's looks stylish and great without being over the top.

Stylish but utilitarian armor like this for players too, please. This style is much more pleasing than Studded Leather or Scale Mail, or many of the overly decorated future armor that have been datamined.

https://youtu.be/bn4AuvMxNuI?t=204

And once again I agree. And not because "it's conservative and plain", but because when there is so much exotic stuff everywhere, it's too much, like overacting. Right now, when you see a simpler design where should be one, it's like a breath of free air.

journeyman
journeyman
Funny how some of the lower tier ones look better than their betters. Hope we get a glamour mod again at some point to overwrite armor and weapon appearances.

#750267 09/01/21 06:19 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Mod edit: Title changed for new merged Megathread. Old title; 'Let's talk about armor sexual demorphism'

1) Some armor in the game kinda looks the same:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

2) Some look more revealing on females:

3) Found only one that is more revealing on males:

4) But also what is interesting is that armor very often just looks DIFFERENT depending on sex:

5) As opposed to almost the same:

Random images were picked for all examples, however there are plenty more where that came from for every category.

So I want to discuss two things in this thread:

a) Do you think that armor should morph depending on ones sex or stay the same?

b) Do you prefer more practical armor or like the inclusion of revealing armor?

Personally I think that armor should always look exactly the same or very close to it on both sexes, I don't see a good reason to have a very different design depending on ones sex. I also prefer more practical armor, as I think it is more immersive, however I am not against revealing armor options too, so long as the armors look the same on both sexes.

Last edited by Sadurian; 14/01/21 12:40 PM.
veteran
veteran
I hadn't noticed that the Gith men get pants. I say that if the women lose their pants so do the men, show the legs.

As far as sexy armor: fine with it but needs to as revealing for both men and women. Bikini armor becomes Borat thong. And there should be a checkmark like the "show helmet" checkmark that puts it back to generic view.

And no absurd pauldrons. Perhaps a designs for dragon's head and the like but no stylized flames or spikes that say "if I look left or right I'm going to stab out my eye" I hate that particular aesthetic.

I
old hand
old hand
I
A: Yes, when it makes sense, that mostly means flexible armor like ring show breasts more.
B: Practical (The Half Plate is not practical by the way)

Last edited by Ixal; 09/01/21 06:34 PM.
veteran
veteran
Apart from the mummy wraps on the gith plate I've thought both armors have been pretty good

A: It should stay mostly the same. It's the same armor, why would it change its entire style and design to detect the gender of the person wearing it? That's just nuts.

B: I prefer practical armor. Give Lae'zel pants, Larian! Revealing armor is just kinda... stupid? I'm not a fan, to say the very least.

I honestly hope you have a most marvelous day!
S
addict
addict
S
I don’t really care as long as it looks good and isn’t too trashy. There has to be some degree of suspension of disbelief and armor is where I personally give some leeway.

It can look different for different sexes. Just make them look good and not trashy (please no thong plate mail).

enthusiast
enthusiast
A. I think armors should be relatively the same within reason, but have variations. Add a transmog and dye system.

B. I think the game should have both. I want to be drowning in both. If I had to pick one then still both. Lol nah practical. Still though can't I have both?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by spectralhunter
Just make them look good and not trashy (please no thong plate mail).

This is the trashiest I've personally found:

S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by Kadajko
Just make them look good and not trashy (please no thong plate mail).

This is the trashiest I've personally found:

I must say Larian, although outrageous and overboard with everything else, seems to be somewhat grounded in the art style.

I still think the female gith half plate is trashier with exposed butt cheeks. But honestly I don’t mind. Yeah I’m a dog.

enthusiast
enthusiast
But honestly I don’t mind. Yeah I’m a dog.

Would you mind if the male version looked the same, without pants and with exposed buttcheeks?

Last edited by Kadajko; 09/01/21 06:53 PM.
Page 2 of 18 1 2 3 4 17 18

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard