Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 38
cal1s Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 38
There is a fairly new interview with Sven over at IGN and I am very disappointed about the things they focused on (again mentioning what percentage of playerbase did what etc, totally uninteresting stuff). I don't care about what other players are doing tbh. I'd rather see them focusin on game design and system design instead of throwin to my face that "all players are horny" ...

Also I didnt like the answer regarding player feedback, Sven just sayin something like we got a lot of feedback from the players, but all those ideas were already on our list anyway ... that's like one of the most lazy answers you could give and doesnt really speak of any appreciation towards the playerbase. So basically he is saying that the reason why theyve been silient on all our feedback given is because our suggestions "align with their roadmap" anyway ... like wtf?

Read full interview here:

https://www.ign.com/articles/baldurs-gate-3-early-access-changes-player-data-feedback-larian

Joined: Sep 2020
Posts: 471
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Sep 2020
Posts: 471
There's discussion of this article (and another article on techradar) in this forum post: https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=733888&page=1

While an entirely new forum post about it isn't bad (get a fresh set of eyes on it, get rid of the baggage from the first thread, etc), just wanted to let you know of this other thread's existence so you could check out others' comments (some people agreeing with your assessment and others arguing differently).

Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 72
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 72
Originally Posted by cal1s

Also I didnt like the answer regarding player feedback, Sven just sayin something like we got a lot of feedback from the players, but all those ideas were already on our list anyway ... that's like one of the most lazy answers you could give and doesnt really speak of any appreciation towards the playerbase. So basically he is saying that the reason why theyve been silient on all our feedback given is because our suggestions "align with their roadmap" anyway ... like wtf?


What exactly is your problem here ? I mean that the feedback stuff has been already on the roadmap is actually really satisfying. Do you want a good functioning game or do you want personal appretiation for you feedback ideas ?

Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 74
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 74
I really kinda enjoyed that players being horny remark. U can read so many people moaning about the romance (I hate it, I don't play rpgs for that, it sucks, it is childish), how much they hate it, when in reality, almost everyone is buying into it, but some people are just super hypocritical bout it. Nice on Swen, for pointing that out.

Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 272
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 272
Originally Posted by spacehamster95
I really kinda enjoyed that players being horny remark. U can read so many people moaning about the romance (I hate it, I don't play rpgs for that, it sucks, it is childish), how much they hate it, when in reality, almost everyone is buying into it, but some people are just super hypocritical bout it. Nice on Swen, for pointing that out.

To be fair they've evidently had some very specific requirements for classifying whether or not a player choose to romance one of the companions.
The interview makes it sound like 98% of the players decided to romance a companion, but considering how far into the game it happens there is literally no way that's possible.
When exactly the romance happens might vary from one player to another depending on the order they explored and did quests in, but even if you give it a generous estimate I'd say it's still way over than halfway through the game. 2/3 through or possibly even 3/4 is probably a way safer bet.

Joined: Nov 2020
Posts: 152
member
Offline
member
Joined: Nov 2020
Posts: 152
In regards to romances, I just enjoy my characters having someone they love to venture with as well as friends,

I wouldn't mind leaving out the saucy scenes

Last edited by A Clown; 18/11/20 04:45 PM.
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 179
member
Offline
member
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 179
Romance is hardly optional considering you basically get dialogue roofied into it. Of course using statistic generators as a feedback mechanism is okay for mechanics and combat (to an extent) but it's hardly an accurate dialogue data mining feature. It's like having a comment section without the ability to thumb down, it is fake feedback.

Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 1,189
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 1,189
Originally Posted by Soul-Scar
Romance is hardly optional considering you basically get dialogue roofied into it. Of course using statistic generators as a feedback mechanism is okay for mechanics and combat (to an extent) but it's hardly an accurate dialogue data mining feature. It's like having a comment section without the ability to thumb down, it is fake feedback.

What is hardly? It either is or isn't (and clearly it isn't)


Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 221
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 221
Originally Posted by spacehamster95
I really kinda enjoyed that players being horny remark. U can read so many people moaning about the romance (I hate it, I don't play rpgs for that, it sucks, it is childish), how much they hate it, when in reality, almost everyone is buying into it, but some people are just super hypocritical bout it. Nice on Swen, for pointing that out.


There really aren't a lot of people complaining about it, it's the same handful of people.


I do think there's some valid criticism tho in regards to how sudden it is.

Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 317
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 317
Well he’s right, I’m rly horny for Astarion. I also believe that in any story, character is more important than plot. No matter how good the story is, if I don't like any of characters, I won't remember story. And yes, for many people, LI are really important, accept it. Fandom is developed through love of characters rather than gameplay.


I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 74
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 74
Sure, I am not saying the romances are perfect. I am still not sure I want those Bioware-induced graphic love scenes.

But the romances can be a nice story element and add a layer to the companion-pc relations that makes you feel closer to the game world. I mean the incredible fan art comics I have seen about the original BG companions or Dragon Age companions, all inspired by the in-game romances. People are really invested in them, which is kinda sweet.

And i agree, I am sure the people who are moaning about the romances are a loud minority but still, they are annoying as a frick and deserved the dig from Swen.

Originally Posted by Nyloth
Fandom is developed through love of characters rather than gameplay.


100% agreed.

Last edited by spacehamster95; 19/11/20 11:12 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5