Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#736285 19/11/20 06:08 AM
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
The game has a system of attitude of NPCs to the main character.

By default, the figure is zero, if you steal something in front of the NPC or beat him, then you lose points.

What does this affect? It looks like some kind of mechanic that is not yet in the game.

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
veteran
veteran
It's probably similar to the reputation system from the other games, both BG and DOS, you started somewhere based on either your stats or faction relationship and if you do enough to lower that value, they turn hostile. basically it's a way to punish bad behavior.

addict
addict
Looks like similar mechanics in Divinity2. Just numbers aren't displayed yet, I think. it affects your relationship with your companions. I think they should be raised with approval. Game also has a 'relationship status' or something like that, so idk why we need both of them.

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
veteran
veteran
I think OMA is referring to the floating numbers that come up over non-companion NPCs when you for instance draw your weapon on them, or get caught stealing things.

veteran
veteran
If it´s like in DoS2 if the merchant does not like you their prices are higher and sometimes characters do not talk nor barter with you if the NPCdisposition is negative.

T
T
Originally Posted by Nyloth
Looks like similar mechanics in Divinity2. Just numbers aren't displayed yet, I think. it affects your relationship with your companions. I think they should be raised with approval. Game also has a 'relationship status' or something like that, so idk why we need both of them.

The numbers ARE displayed . . . you have to right click on NPC's and use the Examine option. There Attitude is displayed, along with a little smiley face. Positive or negative values will show and impacts the price you get for buying and selling items. No idea if there are other effects.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard