Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
addict
OP Offline
addict
I din't liked dos games however, I an grateful for Larin for popularizing the turn based CRPG genre. That said, one thing that could improve the turn based gameplay a lot IMO is if the game had options like PFKM has to make the turn based combat faster. For me who love to play as necromancer, having a option to speed up the animations make the turn based combat extremely better.

You can toggle :
  • Auto end turn
  • Auto interrupt movement
  • Auto move the camera
  • Lock the camera
  • Increase animation speed for your party
  • Increase animation speed for enemies
  • Display companion HP
  • Display enemy HP
  • Show the rolls made

[Linked Image]

With 10x animation speed for you and enemies, 10 enemy bandits move in the same time as one enemy bandit, essentially allowing all advantage of the turn based combat with the a more fast combat, the greatest rtwp advantage.

D.I.S.C.L.A.I.M.E.R. : Please. Do NOT use this thread to discuss RtWP vs TB. There are already a thread for that discussion and honestly, at this stage, is a pointless discussion. This thread is only about giving more options for TB combat.

Last edited by SorcererVictor; 19/11/20 01:15 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
Though I wouldn't use it, speeding up animations seems like a reasonable request.

veteran
veteran
The options in pathfinder are really awesome in general. It's a strange thing to praise, but I didn't realize how much I like it before I had it

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
enthusiast
enthusiast
This option has been a staple of the 4x Genre for ages and I wish it would make its way into RPGs.
[Linked Image]
Enabling that in Civ 5 (or almost any 4x you like) skips combat animations, so it will show the resolution of using the ability, but no animation will be played at all.

addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by Sharp
This option has been a staple of the 4x Genre for ages and I wish it would make its way into RPGs.
[Linked Image]
Enabling that in Civ 5 (or almost any 4x you like) skips combat animations, so it will show the resolution of using the ability, but no animation will be played at all.

Yep. BG3 has a MP component.

So, that options could be the host options

addict
addict
I think simultaneous enemy turns for enemies in cluster would work better than just speeding the enemies animations.

addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by IrenicusBG3
I think simultaneous enemy turns for enemies in cluster would work better than just speeding the enemies animations.

Yep. Like ToEE did.

old hand
old hand

I would only want this if it's an option that can be turned on or off.

addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by Firesnakearies

The problem is the MP aspect of the game with all of this options

addict
addict
Originally Posted by SorcererVictor
Originally Posted by Firesnakearies

The problem is the MP aspect of the game with all of this options

Not really a problem. The host determines gameplay-related options.

Link Copied to Clipboard