Print Thread
S
senseyt Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Hi everyone !

I would love to talk about dialogs, many times my mate and i was exploring the world and falling into dialogs, there was a real problem because only the guy most in front was talking to stranger, it could be very usefull to switch character in dialogs, choose to let the most charismatic guy talking, let the strongest dude break something etc...

Maybe add a button that let your mate (in the dialogs with you) speak for you or roll dice.

#736778 20/11/20 12:15 PM
S
senseyt Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Hello there !

I've find a problem with the interactions / dialogs, in multiplayer, there is a huge problem where the host is very privilege.

The most of all interaction is for the host and let the other player being forgetten, it could be nice to do this random excpectect for coherent things like relation, past history etc...

addict
addict
Without getting in the details of how, I would say that Larian really needs to fully revise/figure out the conversation mechanisms. I agree that, at the moment, they are lacking.

old hand
old hand
It's also a thing they need to make happen for single player games. The party is supposed to round each other out. The Face leads and the Muscle backs them up if somebody needs to be intimidated.

Last edited by Dexai; 20/11/20 02:42 PM.

Optimistically Apocalyptic
old hand
old hand
Yes.

Dexai #737088 20/11/20 11:23 PM
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Dexai
It's also a thing they need to make happen for single player games. The party is supposed to round each other out. The Face leads and the Muscle backs them up if somebody needs to be intimidated.

Indeed. I like to do the dialogue as MY character because that is what I am playing, but he's got 8 charisma because he's supposed to be a rude and off-putting man. If I could initiate convos as him and then maybe call Wyll over to do the actual dialogue checks that'd help a ton. It is more or less how DnD works. If you're talking with someone and decide you need to persuade this NPC you call over your friend and go "You talk to the man" and they'll start doing the social checks you couldn't.

I think just having character portraits in the left would suffice. You click one and the speaker steps back and the new character steps forward. Then the dialogue options change to whatever are available to that specific person.

stranger
stranger
Totaly agree, all your characters must be engaged with Dialogue and switching should be used to choose who whant to interact with the NPC.

Actualy if you switch character while dialogue you can move them, sneak, attack etc and sometimes is a big exploit...

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
I agree with OP, but as a single player. I usually want to RP as my main character, not as the additional origin characters. Sometimes dialogues will just initiate out of nowhere on a different party member that I don't want to be doing the talking and it doesn't make sense that my main MC (or person I want to talk) is standing right next to them but is locked out of the conversation. Also, it's been buggy sometimes (like with the trolls at the goblin encampment) that I will purposefully walk my MC in first to initiate dialogue but somehow someone else gets teleported to them and is talking to them instead.

Link Copied to Clipboard