Next Thread
Print Thread
I
Ixal Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
I
Just wondering what people expect from the music in BG3.
I recently played Wasteland 3 and while it mostly has generic background music it uses special tracks for important battles. Not necessarily rousing ones but music with deeper meaning considering the setting and story. (I heard the people who do music for Tarantino movies worked on the game, it certainly sounds like it).

So that got me thinking about the music in BG3 and what people expect from it.

addict
addict
More brass. I really like BG3 music, but I wish it was more reminiscent of BG1&2. Someone did an excellent mockup with a different tempo. I'm a music dunce, but it made a world of difference.

addict
addict
some good patriotic songs about freedom and respecting the troops, except during combat where it plays drowning pools classic "let the bodies hit the floor" on loop

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Uncle Lester
More brass. I really like BG3 music, but I wish it was more reminiscent of BG1&2. Someone did an excellent mockup with a different tempo. I'm a music dunce, but it made a world of difference.

That's great! I wish the music was more like this, honestly.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by alice_ashpool
some good patriotic songs about freedom and respecting the troops, except during combat where it plays drowning pools classic "let the bodies hit the floor" on loop

A decent start, but we gotta get some Nickelback in there somewhere.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Firesnakearies

every time you pass a charisma-based check it plays rockstar in full

old hand
old hand

Hire this person, Larian. Big brain ideas here.

I
Ixal Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
I
For comparison, those are some of the special tracks on Wasteland 3.
Obviously that is not what you expect from battle music, but that together with the content is what makes them very thematic and memorable.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcOPh5ltbAw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXeHwhLPKz8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS5Zf5NYseo

This music also doesnt neccessarily play during boss battles but during important battles for the story even when they are not harder than other combats.

Last edited by Ixal; 20/11/20 05:59 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
I expect it to be similar to DOS2, but with a bit more of a "classic fantasy" feel. As a fan of Borislav Slavov I don't mind this. I do hope we get to hear the higher budget.
I just really hope that the tavern music rocks my shit. Nothing better than a classic jaunty tavern BANGER to make you want to play a bard.

addict
addict
I really enjoy most of what I've heard, but I just wish that there were some punchy tracks in there.

"Rivellon" from DOS2 is my favorite track in the game because there are so many levels to it.
It starts off muted with simple plucks of a string instrument backing a wispy flute with some light reed instruments, and then it slowly builds with a crescendo and increase in force until it's booming with a full orchestra.
It legitimately chokes me up every time I hear it and evokes feelings of adventure, danger, promise, romance, and duty.

I can't recall a single track from BG3 that is quite so complex and has that much artful heft.

I don't want to fall to bits 'cos of excess existential thought.

journeyman
journeyman

This! 5/4 measure and drums

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Darth Rauko

This! 5/4 measure and drums

+1111

enthusiast
enthusiast

Hire this person, Larian. Big brain ideas here.

llol. Savecrum charisma, got it.

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
The composer for BG3 music is known (Borislav Slavov) and he's the same person who wrote music for DOS games therefore the style will be the same. You can either like that type of music or don't but it will be like that and this is set in stone.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard