Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
P
The video is out. Short and sweet. Very excited for them to see my run!

There's actually a ton more tricks I use in the All Quests speedrun category (2:24:10 world record) that I wish they could see!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcQ2OtR9gIY

W
veteran
veteran
W
Nice. I remember all of those mouth breathers who gave you shit for not contributing to the spirit of Early Access by speed running. Now you are communicating more directly with developers than they ever will. 😂😂😂

P
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
P
Originally Posted by Warlocke
Nice. I remember all of those mouth breathers who gave you shit for not contributing to the spirit of Early Access by speed running. Now you are communicating more directly with developers than they ever will. 😂😂😂

It is slightly satisfying after the mountains of hate lmaoo

Appreciate it 😂

addict
addict
Very nice Palmer. Congratulations.

G
addict
addict
G
They need to see how broken the game is in its current state. Would be nice if they looked at other runs as well.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Congratz, Palmer. Nice skip on the ship.

Originally Posted by gaymer
They need to see how broken the game is in its current state. Would be nice if they looked at other runs as well.

It is EA after all and speedrunners glitchin even fully released titles. Personally, I admire this type of commitment, they know the games better than most people.

journeyman
journeyman
Annoyed as hell over the constant multiple threads about the same topic you make, but watching this video and seeing you exploit the glitches was utterly hilarious.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Warlocke

Yep.

addict
addict

Confirmation bias? I do not see this as broken. Its your $$ pay how you want. This run does not affec t my game in the slightest way.

A
addict
addict
A
Originally Posted by RumRunner151

Confirmation bias? I do not see this as broken. Its your $$ pay how you want. This run does not affec t my game in the slightest way.

I'd say that being able to skip triggers by jumping (which the devs point out in that vid) is problematic in itself, whether it is done or purpose or not, since it could cause potential bugs down the line. If you play for the first time, you won't know where those triggers are and so you might not even notice something went wrong. Cutscene triggers are buggy as they are. For example, I've had the entire party "stuck" in dialogue mode once, because a cutscene started even though the characters that were supposed to talk were not close enough to actually talk. Couldn't even exit the game to menu.

veteran
veteran
It's a cool gimmick, but the developers shouldn't waste time on speedrunners.

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard