Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I'm not sure if anyone else encountered the same issue.

I'm probably at my 4th/5th night and Astarion never came to visit my character while he's asleep for his big reveal. What happend instead is that I had the fist dream of the tadpole which lest Astarion talk about Cazador, even if he doesn't explain much since we are not supposed to know about him. (There were previous mentions of Cazador as if my player was supposed to know about him but nope.)

Anyway after I persuade him to talk about his dream, I can interact with him and I will get a dialogue where he confess his true nature... The problem is that the other characters don't react to this big reveal as they are supposed to, nor is Astarion asking to use his special power. And well, I didn't get to let him do as he pleases either which is kinda sad, lol.

Is there a way around this? Will he still visit at night? Is it because my character is a drow and doesn't sleep that Astarion doens't visit? So many qestions, sorry!

M
stranger
stranger
M
It worked on my drow.

journeyman
journeyman
I've had similar issues with Gale. At the party he mentions appreciating me sacrificing a magic item for him to consume, despite never having him bring up his needs before.

stranger
stranger
Same here on my 3rd night (I think) Raphael appeared, and after his offer. I talked to Astarion and he told me something like "I will not trade a Vampiric master for a demonic one"... But at the time he didn't tried yet to bite me and didn't reveal any of his vampiric secrets. So it was a bit weird and spoilery.

Last edited by Glouk; 07/12/20 05:20 PM.
old hand
old hand
Yup, same here.

apprentice
apprentice
In my first patch 3 playthrough Astarion didn't try to jump me at night until we had found the drained boar. He offered to keep watch that night and sure enough the next night at camp he made his move. Unfortunately it came after Raphael appeared before I went to bed that night so he did mention being a vampire and Cazador before either had been revealed. The next morning I did talk to him in camp and the rest of the group reacted to his vampiric revelations.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by MrDioneo
In my first patch 3 playthrough Astarion didn't try to jump me at night until we had found the drained boar. He offered to keep watch that night and sure enough the next night at camp he made his move. Unfortunately it came after Raphael appeared before I went to bed that night so he did mention being a vampire and Cazador before either had been revealed. The next morning I did talk to him in camp and the rest of the group reacted to his vampiric revelations.

yeah sound like what happened to me

R
enthusiast
enthusiast
R
The drained boar appears to trigger the encounter, but...

I have never had more than one special event in a single night's rest, even if they were 'due'. And the prioritization for them is unclear. So what I think happens is that if the events are stacked up, they might trigger even if the cinematic and dialog don't.

Special events:
Astarion's reveal.
Raphael's offer.
The one you dream of (can't be more clear - spoiler - but you'll know it if you get it).

Other special events?

Link Copied to Clipboard