Print Thread
Page 6 of 18 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 17 18
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Bittereinder
Originally Posted by Ormgaard
Come Dec 10th i probably wont care about anythig EABG3 for a while smile

Why, what's happening on December 10th?

The very fabric of the universe will collapse. Cyberpunk 2077 will be released.

Alt+ left click in the inventory on an item while the camp stash is opened transfers the item there. Make it a reality.
veteran
veteran
Lol I can't believe there are people who still believe this game will be released

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Originally Posted by virion

You joke but when Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 released, it took everyone's lunch money. Even gears of war 2 got murdered (compared to what was expected, sales wise) by it. Considering how big/hyped the release is going to be the internet is going to die when it comes to downloading it.

apprentice
apprentice
Oh man don't even tell me about CP2077 - i have Network+ exam booked on 17th so i will have to delay installing Cyberpunk or i will fail for 100% frown frown frown

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Some_Twerp753
Originally Posted by virion

You joke but when Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 released, it took everyone's lunch money. Even gears of war 2 got murdered (compared to what was expected, sales wise) by it. Considering how big/hyped the release is going to be the internet is going to die when it comes to downloading it.

I wonder how CP2077 will impact other games. It is an RPG AND a shooter. Will it keep both audiences to itself? Or perhaps only subsets of the two, since it's neither a "traditional/fantasy" RPG nor a "hardcore/PvP/realistic" shooter? Then again, it's primarily an RPG, so the split is likely to be uneven. I also expect immersive sim audience to be on board (might even be the majority).

(It's huge, that's for sure.)

An ugly combo meaning I'll be watching it on youtube. I doubt they can beat their Witcher Wild Hunt masterpiece. After so much hype it can't be anything but a disappointment.

Last edited by Choosen of KEK; 30/11/20 05:42 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by T2aV
there is my friend. Over at Nexus I have 29 installed so far.

was wondering with this being an EA are there any issues with your mods and the game so far? As I've seen I few which I'd like to add to the game. Which mod organizer do you use> I.E Vortex, Candor,
or BG3MM?

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Uncle Lester

I wonder how CP2077 will impact other games. It is an RPG AND a shooter. Will it keep both audiences to itself? Or perhaps only subsets of the two, since it's neither a "traditional/fantasy" RPG nor a "hardcore/PvP/realistic" shooter? Then again, it's primarily an RPG, so the split is likely to be uneven. I also expect immersive sim audience to be on board (might even be the majority).

From the official site:
Cyberpunk 2077 is an open-world, action-adventure

not an RPG. They were criticized for calling it an RPG in the first place, after people finally got a chance to try the game. And I hope that's exactly how they gonna impact other games: make people stop calling "RPGs" Action-games with 1 and a half of RPG elements.

On the main theme I would presume that the patch will come out on this Monday or Tuesday. Otherwise we should be waiting one more whole week, because Larian would want to have as many working days as possible right after the launch to be able to react on possible problems, add hotfixes.

R
journeyman
journeyman
R
Originally Posted by Zellin
Originally Posted by Uncle Lester

From the official site:

not an RPG. They were criticized for calling it an RPG in the first place, after people finally got a chance to try the game. And I hope that's exactly how they gonna impact other games: make people stop calling "RPGs" Action-games with 1 and a half of RPG elements.

On the main theme I would presume that the patch will come out on this Monday or Tuesday. Otherwise we should be waiting one more whole week, because Larian would want to have as many working days as possible right after the launch to be able to react on possible problems, add hotfixes.

Bravo! About time someone were telling this. Everywhere i told that people just roasted me like if that game was the holy Graal!

P
stranger
stranger
P
Originally Posted by Redglyph
Originally Posted by PraiseThanos

Originally Posted by gaymer
What was the point of this announcement? The way this studio communicates is aggravating.

It is, i agree. It’s the one major criticism I have so far. They keep us in the dark a little too much imo

I don't understand you, don't you agree with what was just said about that a few posts up? And why not?

They don't keep us in the dark by giving a warning so we don't update if we want to keep the saved games. Do you see a better way to do so?
If they hadn't done so, everyone would be whining about the lack of heads-up. Though personally I'd simply update for everyone and get on with it, it's an Early Access and loss of saved games is to be expected.

As for the timeframe question, it probably depends on the advancement of the validations, it's not something very predictable. They don't have to give us any update timeframe, anyway.

Not sure which post you are talking about
Fact of the matter is their communication over the past month has not been the best. I’m not asking for exact timeframes, simply an update on how things are going

They did so for the next patch though, even if it took about a month of radio silence to get there, so I won’t complain about it for the time being.
Edit: if you mean my previous post here, even then I said I was skeptical of their announced timeframe, and cited the lack of overall communication over the past month.

Last edited by PraiseThanos; 29/11/20 12:53 AM.
S
apprentice
apprentice
S

Giant asteroid heading toward Earth. 2020, yup!

Actually, it’s the release date for Cyberpunk 2077

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by SymposiumX

Giant asteroid heading toward Earth. 2020, yup!

Actually, it’s the release date for Cyberpunk 2077

Exactly. That's the reason why i won't get ANYTHING done for at least a week laugh

F
apprentice
apprentice
F
ı ve played 9 hours and deleted my save and promise till wait new patch. It should come until 10th. then its cyberpunk time. Or ı can just forget the game for weeks.

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
I'm disappointed, and sad, three games I wanted this year: Baldur's Gate 3, Cyberpunk 2077, Bloodlines 2. The last one post poned to 2021, Cyberpunk delayed to december, Baldur's gate in a really far early access. :'(

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Choosen of KEK
Alrai Sector QT-R b4-8/USS Superspreader

An ugly combo meaning I'll be watching it on youtube. I doubt they can beat their Witcher Wild Hunt masterpiece. After so much hype it can't be anything but a disappointment.

I was thinking the same thing. I'm more into the RPG than I am into the FPS style of games. Don't get me wrong I've most of the DOOM series but they don't hold my interest like Skyrim; The Witcher series, Baldurs Gate, etc. And with this one having both together I might have to take a pass on it as well and watch it on youtube

Bard of Suzail
Bard of Suzail
Originally Posted by DragonMaster69
[quote=Choosen of KEK]

I was thinking the same thing. I'm more into the RPG than I am into the FPS style of games. Don't get me wrong I've most of the DOOM series but they don't hold my interest like Skyrim; The Witcher series, Baldurs Gate, etc. And with this one having both together I might have to take a pass on it as well and watch it on youtube

I think it is interesting that you put the Witcher and Skyrim in the same class as Baldur's Gate. In truth the Witcher and Skyrim are closer to Cyberpunk or Valhalla than to Baldurs Gate. The old school RPG system tends to focus heavily on the party and it ability to work together while the Action / Adventure style of RPG focus is on the solo player by and large.

Each game style has it's plus or minus and appeal. To me however, MOST, action style RPGs use image quality as a crutch to hide a lack of depth in story line. I would rather an RPG not be as pretty but has a deep and compelling story that pulls me into the play. Plus with a good co-op system you can have that party working together experience like we had on table top, something that is easier to do in more traditional style RPGs.

stranger
stranger
Ha finally a patch that will give me a good reason to start a new play through. Hopefully the changes are substantial enough to justify a full play through

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Zentu
Originally Posted by DragonMaster69
[quote=Choosen of KEK]

I think it is interesting that you put the Witcher and Skyrim in the same class as Baldur's Gate. In truth the Witcher and Skyrim are closer to Cyberpunk or Valhalla than to Baldurs Gate. The old school RPG system tends to focus heavily on the party and it ability to work together while the Action / Adventure style of RPG focus is on the solo player by and large.

Each game style has it's plus or minus and appeal. To me however, MOST, action style RPGs use image quality as a crutch to hide a lack of depth in story line. I would rather an RPG not be as pretty but has a deep and compelling story that pulls me into the play. Plus with a good co-op system you can have that party working together experience like we had on table top, something that is easier to do in more traditional style RPGs.

Maybe he mean fantasy setting? Not only gameplay part, but also the atmosphere. I don't care about cyberpunk because it's not a fantasy setting.

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
journeyman
journeyman

And why exactly are you saying it's not an RPG? I've been playing many tabletop systems for years, I played the Witcher and I know a lot about Cyberpunk and for me it's obvious both these games are RPGs. Different than BG, but still RPGs. The Witcher is just an RPG with pre-generated character from the books (but hey, I played many one-shot sessions in which I got pre-generated characters from my GMs).

Last edited by Phea; 29/11/20 10:20 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Phea

And why exactly are you saying it's not an RPG? I've been playing many tabletop systems for years, I played the Witcher and I know a lot about Cyberpunk and for me it's obvious both these games are RPGs. Different than BG, but still RPGs. The Witcher is just an RPG with pre-generated character from the books (but hey, I played many one-shot sessions in which I got pre-generated characters from my GMs).

I wholeheartedly agree with you, Phea. You are actually 100% correct. I get what Groo is trying to say, but he's mistaken.

Page 6 of 18 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard