Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 18 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 18
Joined: Oct 2020
D
member
Offline
member
D
Joined: Oct 2020
I'd actually appreciate bugfixes a lot. There are bugs present since the first public version that should be easy to fix (as opposed to adding new content, which is always lots of effort).

Joined: Jan 2021
S
addict
Offline
addict
S
Joined: Jan 2021
Originally Posted by Evandir
Originally Posted by odesseiron81
This isn't directed to anyone in particular. But good lord, keep the entitlement to a minimum, would you?

This is game development, not some small assignment that's going to have a report every couple of weeks. For a major AAA game no less. If you chose to be part of the Early Access, you knew this going in. They even said it prior to them selling anything. The game isn't going anywhere.

I think it's been made clear by every single one of their major patches and hotfixes they've been listening to feedback. There's a priority. Unlike DoS, where they were completely fan funded, this is not. They don't owe us an update every step of the way. It's going to be a long year and half (or more) if you folks keep wanting news every 2 weeks. It'll happen. We are just out of the holidays and still in a worldwide pandemic.

It's fun to read the updates as they come, but I check the forums once a week. If there's news, great. If there isn't, I'll just check next week. It's not like I'm going to get screwed out of my money. I'll have a game a launch, just the same as anyone else.

+1

I'm eager for new content as well, but it's a massive project with many wheels in motion. Quality work takes time, and with the potential this game has, I'd love for Larian to take as much of it as they need.

You know how hard it would be to write up "We hear you on issues A, B, C, D, and E, and we agree, we are working to address these items."

Joined: Jan 2021
enthusiast
Online Content
enthusiast
Joined: Jan 2021
Originally Posted by Scribe
Originally Posted by Evandir
Originally Posted by odesseiron81
This isn't directed to anyone in particular. But good lord, keep the entitlement to a minimum, would you?

This is game development, not some small assignment that's going to have a report every couple of weeks. For a major AAA game no less. If you chose to be part of the Early Access, you knew this going in. They even said it prior to them selling anything. The game isn't going anywhere.

I think it's been made clear by every single one of their major patches and hotfixes they've been listening to feedback. There's a priority. Unlike DoS, where they were completely fan funded, this is not. They don't owe us an update every step of the way. It's going to be a long year and half (or more) if you folks keep wanting news every 2 weeks. It'll happen. We are just out of the holidays and still in a worldwide pandemic.

It's fun to read the updates as they come, but I check the forums once a week. If there's news, great. If there isn't, I'll just check next week. It's not like I'm going to get screwed out of my money. I'll have a game a launch, just the same as anyone else.

+1

I'm eager for new content as well, but it's a massive project with many wheels in motion. Quality work takes time, and with the potential this game has, I'd love for Larian to take as much of it as they need.

You know how hard it would be to write up "We hear you on issues A, B, C, D, and E, and we agree, we are working to address these items."

CD Projekt Red is currently in hot water for making their employees work for extended hours and still publish a game that was a buggy mess. The holidays just happened and if Larian allowed their employees to have holiday breaks it's very understandable that they would be playing catch up before patch 4. Also COVID has updated some workflows and it's impacted game development across the industry.

There is a lot we don't know, but for now it's better to take it in good faith that patch 4 will either have a lot of new content with it or gameplay changes. And we are getting it eventually.

Joined: Oct 2020
D
member
Offline
member
D
Joined: Oct 2020
Cyberpunk is clearly unfinished. They should've released it ~year later. Just bugfixes ain't going to cut it, stuff like AI and generally all the NEXT GEN OPENWORLD (haha) elements are basically missing.

Larian, take all the time you need to finish & polish this game (and maybe let us help with the polishing & bug fixing through EA and then beta)!

Joined: Jan 2021
S
addict
Offline
addict
S
Joined: Jan 2021
Again, I'm not asking for content.

I'm asking for.

'we are aware of your concerns with A, B, C, D, E and F, and we agree. We are currently working to address those concerns.'

No content demand.
No demand for staff crunch.

Just tell us we are being heard.

Joined: Oct 2020
E
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
E
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Scribe
Again, I'm not asking for content.

I'm asking for.

'we are aware of your concerns with A, B, C, D, E and F, and we agree. We are currently working to address those concerns.'

No content demand.
No demand for staff crunch.

Just tell us we are being heard.

While I wouldn't mind more communication myself, Larian is clearly going with an "actions are louder than words" approach. I don't necessarily like it, but I do respect it. It's refreshing in today's industry, where game execs promise you the moon, and then fall short of even making a good game.

They showed us in the previous patches that they are listening and willing to make changes on our feedback. You are being heard.

Joined: Jan 2017
K
apprentice
Offline
apprentice
K
Joined: Jan 2017
I mean I agree they should take their time, it's always best to take their time. but all I ask is "hey next patch such and such ill be in it!" nothing flashy just word of mouth is fine with me XD. but hey I love this studio, their games, and all I am just an eager little beaver waiting for the next log of wood!

Joined: Jan 2021
S
addict
Offline
addict
S
Joined: Jan 2021
Originally Posted by Evandir
Originally Posted by Scribe
Again, I'm not asking for content.

I'm asking for.

'we are aware of your concerns with A, B, C, D, E and F, and we agree. We are currently working to address those concerns.'

No content demand.
No demand for staff crunch.

Just tell us we are being heard.

While I wouldn't mind more communication myself, Larian is clearly going with an "actions are louder than words" approach. I don't necessarily like it, but I do respect it. It's refreshing in today's industry, where game execs promise you the moon, and then fall short of even making a good game.

They showed us in the previous patches that they are listening and willing to make changes on our feedback. You are being heard.

Considering I came in after patch 3, and many others 'first post feedback' mirrors mine. I will have to disagree that their actions speak loudly at all.

Joined: Dec 2020
W
stranger
Offline
stranger
W
Joined: Dec 2020
Originally Posted by Scribe
Considering I came in after patch 3, and many others 'first post feedback' mirrors mine. I will have to disagree that their actions speak loudly at all.

Changes made in patch 3 showed that, while they may not have constantly been communicating, they were in fact listening to feedback and were willing to change things based on it. You coming in during the downtime between patches doesn't change that. Your opinion is pretty much worthless when it comes to whether or not their actions speak loudly because you haven't experienced any of their actions.

Last edited by wellgoodmorning; 26/01/21 02:39 PM.
Joined: Jan 2021
enthusiast
Online Content
enthusiast
Joined: Jan 2021
Larian actually did say that they documented our feedback. Over 100 pages of notes and it will take months to implement.

After minute 4 in this video.
Larian's Twitter Post

That seems very honest. Larian released early access with feedback from testers (which they had internal meetings to discuss what to do), us the players in early access provided feedback and Larian is currently having meetings planning how to best implement these changes, etc. etc.

Granted they haven't specifically said what are in the 100 pages of notes, but can we blame them? xD

Joined: Nov 2020
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Nov 2020
Originally Posted by MarcoNeves
Originally Posted by Scribe
Originally Posted by zyr1987
They have confirmed that they are working on patch four (with a video advertisement for the game and Razer products)

https://twitter.com/larianstudios/status/1349058941280526344

Good to hear, better be more than chroma support lol.

Oh yeah, what's this "Chroma support" for Razer? I have Razer headphones, but that's it. This new feature doesn't apply to me does it? Anyone know?


Razer nagga mice suck and I wouldn't use another one even if they gave it to me for free

Joined: Jan 2021
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
Joined: Jan 2021
I'm excited to see what the next update will bring, no matter when it will come. Of course I'm hoping for sooner, but I'll be fine with later if that's when it arrives. No need to rush. I am holding out hope that there will be an ability to roll stats added to character creation, but that's just me. That would be the best possible change/addition that could possibly be made in my view, but again... That's just what makes computer RPGs fun for me (Continually rerolling until I get exactly what I want and then playing through with it). I understand that there are some others who, for whatever reason, don't agree with that. Whatever. I will say though, in reading through these last few pages of content it is probably a very good thing that I don't work for Larian. I would have literally copied and pasted a post that said "We hear you on issues A, B, C, D, and E, and we agree, we are working to address these items." (with no other content).

Joined: Jan 2021
S
addict
Offline
addict
S
Joined: Jan 2021
Originally Posted by The_BlauerDragon
Whatever. I will say though, in reading through these last few pages of content it is probably a very good thing that I don't work for Larian. I would have literally copied and pasted a post that said "We hear you on issues A, B, C, D, and E, and we agree, we are working to address these items." (with no other content).

As long as you fill in the blank's on A through E, thats all I could care about at this point.

Joined: Sep 2020
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Sep 2020
If I was Larian, I too would say little or nothing. As soon as they announce "we are working to address your issues regarding A" . folks will start screaming "address it how exactly". And as soon as they mention HOW they plan to address it, folks will scream "that's wrong, that isn't what we want, that won't work" before even trying it. And if, gods forbid, after announcing exactly HOW they intend to address it, they find the plan is unworkable or not what they were looking for, and they change the manner in which they address it, folks will scream "that's not how you said you would address it". And worse yet, if it doesn't work, and they have to delay said fix to make modifications, folk will scream "you lied and said x fix would be in the update and it isn't there!!"

Far better to just release what they have done, as they are ready to release it - not that it will stop said screaming.

Joined: Dec 2020
B
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
B
Joined: Dec 2020
No regular communication is just poor. On an EA of this size and importance it is really critical for engagement. The occassional tweet (many people don't follow Twitter, for any number of reasons - I don't) for the odd news *soundbite* is not the same as posting actual progress updates on their EA steam page or official forums. They should follow Solasta's example - regular official updates on what they're about, honest engagement with their communiy, who are - afte rall - doing them a favour by play-testing their game from free. Again and again. I think regular feedback isn't too much to ask. And they need to have a thick enough skin to take on criticism - really, that's a poor excuse for remaining silent (or close to). Solasta chose to rework an entire game sub-system they had home-brewed in response to hefty crticism from their EA players. Their updates are regular, amusing, and brutally honest about what they can and can't do. I think pach 4 will show if they really have been listening, so I am waiting to see how they take all the feedback on their broken sysems on board.

Joined: Apr 2020
member
Offline
member
Joined: Apr 2020
>Anfindel
Oh then...
If I was Larian...
I would not have written things like this on the page where I sell the EA :
“We’ve learned that working directly with our players during development makes our games better.""our goal is [...] to maintain a healthy relationship with those who take the time to provide feedback and help us create a better game. "
PLUS, what is asked here (and elsewhere, more and more), is NOT to ask them to enter a debate with us. Just a little more regular communications, read what is asked.

Last edited by Lunar Dante; 03/02/21 07:00 AM.
Joined: Oct 2020
E
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
E
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Lunar Dante
>Anfindel
Oh then...
If I was Larian...
I would not have written things like this on the page where I sell the EA :
“We’ve learned that working directly with our players during development makes our games better.""our goal is [...] to maintain a healthy relationship with those who take the time to provide feedback and help us create a better game. "
PLUS, what is asked here (and elsewhere, more and more), is NOT to ask them to enter a debate with us. Just a little more regular communications, read what is asked.



well they just flat out lied cuz they don't work directly with the players


[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Rugby, UK
Cleric of Innuendo
Offline
Cleric of Innuendo
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Rugby, UK
Originally Posted by Evil_it_Self
well they just flat out lied cuz they don't work directly with the players
Please do not use these forums to attack other people, whether they be individual posters or Larian employees. There are better ways to express your concerns than to call people liars.

Joined: Jan 2021
N
apprentice
Offline
apprentice
N
Joined: Jan 2021
i hope we will get this patch soon

Joined: Oct 2020
member
Offline
member
Joined: Oct 2020
I will take any bug fixes and glitch repairs that they choose to patch, but I would also really like a more reasonable way to report issues without being completely ignored and/or blown off to be left flapping in the breeze sans any acknowledgment that an attempt that outreach was mounted in the first place!


“This year the utopian candy shell has melted away to expose a hard center of bizarre reality.”
Page 15 of 18 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5