Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Originally Posted by Zentu
While this update has some great tweaks and fixes in it, I am a bit disappointed. I would have loved to have seen at least one new class and or NPC Companion added to the game. The complete lack of any real additions after the hype they created around this update is really disappointing. There is nothing here compelling me to comeback and play some more.

Btw, this isn't going to happen until release. I'm pretty sure Larian has already stated that more races and classes will not be added until after it is out of Early Access.

addict
addict
Awesome changes. So glad my party will just follow me over a small gap!

G
stranger
stranger
G
I was hoping for at least 1 more class or race

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
I don't think it's mentioned in the patch notes specifically, but I really appreciate the art update to the UI (particularly the character/inventory screens).

Small updates that make it tonally match the older BGs - there is more brown in the opaque background. Inventory tiles are slightly larger. The "box trims" are now solid gold with a more classical design compared to the previously opaque silver (which made it look like a MMO window).

old hand
old hand

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
K
apprentice
apprentice
K
I think we were all hoping for some new content, this patch just feels like tinkering around the edges and adds nothing new and no reason to play the same thing again. I believe this game has been brought to market far too early, even for early access and am beginning to wonder wether any new content is even being worked on. I'm getting the feeling this is all there is and possibly all there will ever be. What we have at the moment should have been offered for free. In past games udates have been frequent and new content was added often. If it's taken years just to produce the little bit my guess is the final product is a very long way off.

B
journeyman
journeyman
B
Great patch.

While I appreciate being able to short rest twice, there's still no real downside for long resting a lot.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by kanisatha
All the changes in this patch are positive for me, so that's very good. But still a long way to go for the game overall to be good for me.

Early days yet Kanisatha ! - but they do appear to be listening - great first patch.

addict
addict
Excellent first patch - keep up the great work & ticking off those major feedback requests - us older gamers still looking for the true "best game ever " tag - you're marching in the right direction !!

L
stranger
stranger
L
While I truly appreciate all the quality of life improvements introduced with this patch, is there a chance of changing rogue's stats once more?
Astarion being locked at 8 strength seems like too harsh of a change for his mobility, and although I can see why making him a bit more versatile might be desirable since he is your companion rogue of choice if you are not creating one yourself yet want in your party, that drop is very palpable when it comes to exploration and sneaking around, with jumping distance relying on strength alone. And not in a pleasant way, no matter the subclass you pick for him further down the line.

Originally Posted by Eireson
like party size, ease of backstabbing, shoving being too powerful re heights and a move action, height giving advantage for ranged/spells and my particular bugbear way too many containers.

1. Party Size is fine. Matter of opinion anyways.
2. Backstabbing should be like sneak attack, the character should be threatened.
3. Switch it to an attack action.
4.Height has always given advantage throughout time. From Romans to modern day wars, hills and height are sought out for the advantage over you enemy. Taking away height advantage makes no logical sense. as for creature height, Orges should have advantage, they can reach very you easily . Orges are 9-10Feet tall , their arms are as long as some halberds. If that doesn't give you advantage, I don't know what will convince you.

Last edited by T2aV; 03/12/20 08:03 AM.
I
stranger
stranger
I
4. Height is an advantage for archers because they get additional range. They don't get more accurate, they are less accurate at the increased range.
Also archers firing from a wall top often have the advantage of cover versus the exposed position of attackers on the ground.

stranger
stranger
Finally I can replay. Everything sounds amazing and everything has somehow been discussed on this forum. Thanks Larian for listening! This is my first EA ever and it’s setting the bar reeeally high.

G
stranger
stranger
G
still no patch on stadia?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by T2aV
Originally Posted by Eireson
like party size, ease of backstabbing, shoving being too powerful re heights and a move action, height giving advantage for ranged/spells and my particular bugbear way too many containers.

1. Party Size is fine. Matter of opinion anyways.

90% of feedback on the game is a matter of opinion. Much of the changes in this patch are based on players expressing their preference opinions. In this context, party size for me and many others is not fine.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by ImpPhil
4. Height is an advantage for archers because they get additional range. They don't get more accurate, they are less accurate at the increased range.
Also archers firing from a wall top often have the advantage of cover versus the exposed position of attackers on the ground.

Yup, although in this case the advantage I mean is specifically the D&D 5e advantage. I don't mind some kind of advantage such as distance or reducing the effect of cover but I think autogranting advantage is too much

Last edited by Eireson; 03/12/20 03:48 PM.
veteran
veteran
Thank you

You are listening to players and I really like most changes.
Getting the game closer to PnP rules is good for balance, such as the changes to cantrips.
Some more things need to be changed, but this was not the last patch.

2 short rests per long rest are kind of pointless.
The game encourages you to rest often because companion quests and some other scenes only show when you rest.
Players miss lots of content if they do not rest often.
There is no time in the game ( as in quests need to be finished in x days ) and there are no costs for resting often.

groovy Prof. Dr. Dr. Mad S. Tist groovy

World leading expert of artificial stupidity.
Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Jess_Larian
Originally Posted by ShaolinStoner
Stadia has not updated yet.

Thanks. Any idea what kind of time frame we're looking at?

My guess would be tomorrow since it is getting late in the day now. Will post when I have been advised it is live.

I know it’s out of your (Larian’s) hands. I personally can be patient. But I would think that Stadia, who is trying to gain market share and convince people to buy a game in their platform over others, would be more timely with their patches. Consistently being behind is not a good way to attract EA customers.

Larian: if Stadia is always expected to be behind Steam, GOG, etc, could you kindly let us know in advance to set expectations? (“Stadia will be updated 3 days after the other platforms because the patch needs to deploy through the server fleet” or whatever). I bet there’s a team at Google you can work with to get this info.

Thanks for listening!

Jess Offline OP
Larian Alumni
OP Offline
Larian Alumni

My guess would be tomorrow since it is getting late in the day now. Will post when I have been advised it is live.

The update is now live on Stadia.

V
enthusiast
enthusiast
V

The update is now live on Stadia.

Thank you for you and your team's hard work and dedication.

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard