Print Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by Uncle Lester
Originally Posted by alice_ashpool
I alway saw the approval-disapproval system as their own personal feelings towards the pc and peoples opinions of others do change based on their actions: imo I would have hidden approval completely from the players view and just had the dialogue change, but again that's just me and I highly doubt many people would have wanted anything like that.

I have mixed feelings on overt approval systems. On one hand, it's gamey and I don't like gamey, on the other, it's to show something that would be more visible in real life than it is in a video game (subtleties that would be a massive amount of work for little gain). I also like to know where I'm standing - and instant feedback makes me undestand why companions like or dislike me, as well as learn their opinions on things without it needing dedicated conversations.

I think it's better to have toned it down a bit actually. Cause you are the one running the show. Making compromises on some issues, why not, but being constantly harassed with disapproval dialogues is not fun at all.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Nyanko
Originally Posted by Uncle Lester
Originally Posted by alice_ashpool
I alway saw the approval-disapproval system as their own personal feelings towards the pc and peoples opinions of others do change based on their actions: imo I would have hidden approval completely from the players view and just had the dialogue change, but again that's just me and I highly doubt many people would have wanted anything like that.

I have mixed feelings on overt approval systems. On one hand, it's gamey and I don't like gamey, on the other, it's to show something that would be more visible in real life than it is in a video game (subtleties that would be a massive amount of work for little gain). I also like to know where I'm standing - and instant feedback makes me undestand why companions like or dislike me, as well as learn their opinions on things without it needing dedicated conversations.

I think it's better to have toned it down a bit actually. Cause you are the one running the show. Making compromises on some issues, why not, but being constantly harassed with disapproval dialogues is not fun at all.

Especially in situations where that specific companion was not present to see what happened and yet somehow "disapproves."

apprentice
apprentice
Since speaking Animals (or Animal Friendship) were mentioned I was wondering what the distinction was. No one in my party had the the talent so I tried casting it from the necklace which grants ability in the Grove as the Tieflings amassed to leave. I cast it on their bull and he aggro'd with the other bull and I assumed I would be fighting the entire Grove (for as long as i could) Nope, one shot each and done. No NPC reaction at all. Seemed odd.

I should add i never got a working dialogue with an animal with either spell, scroll or item ability. Probably me not doing it right.

Last edited by lightzall; 04/12/20 04:08 PM.

No other game has rewarded my low impulse control with so many glorious unintended consequences.
Originally Posted by kanisatha

Especially in situations where that specific companion was not present to see what happened and yet somehow "disapproves."

There are two obvious ways of doing this and Larian picked up the worst one. Leaving the companions who disagree in the camp is a time tested way of dealing with complicated approval trees.

stranger
stranger
I admit that I haven’t read through the whole update. But I am experiencing significant performance improvements. Much more fluid panning for example and more reactive UI response. Is it just me?

I’m on a Ryzen 5 2600x and a Radeon rx 580. The display is a 60Hz 4K Samsung tv.

Last edited by bernardthehermit; 06/12/20 11:45 AM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Choosen of KEK
Originally Posted by kanisatha

There are two obvious ways of doing this and Larian picked up the worst one. Leaving the companions who disagree in the camp is a time tested way of dealing with complicated approval trees.

And what is the other one?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by bernardthehermit
I admit that I haven’t read through the whole update. But I am experiencing significant performance improvements. Much more fluid panning for example and more reactive UI response. Is it just me?

I’m on a Ryzen 5 2600x and a Radeon fx 580. The display is a 60Hz 4K Samsung tv.

Hmmmmm maybe next time lol

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Vortex138
Originally Posted by Zentu
While this update has some great tweaks and fixes in it, I am a bit disappointed. I would have loved to have seen at least one new class and or NPC Companion added to the game. The complete lack of any real additions after the hype they created around this update is really disappointing. There is nothing here compelling me to comeback and play some more.

Btw, this isn't going to happen until release. I'm pretty sure Larian has already stated that more races and classes will not be added until after it is out of Early Access.

Really, when did they say that? I remember them saying early on, that they would add classes, subclasses, and races as they were being completed.

Last edited by Merlex; 05/12/20 03:48 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Merlex
Originally Posted by Vortex138
Originally Posted by Zentu
While this update has some great tweaks and fixes in it, I am a bit disappointed. I would have loved to have seen at least one new class and or NPC Companion added to the game. The complete lack of any real additions after the hype they created around this update is really disappointing. There is nothing here compelling me to comeback and play some more.

Btw, this isn't going to happen until release. I'm pretty sure Larian has already stated that more races and classes will not be added until after it is out of Early Access.

Really, when did they say that? I remember them saying early on, that they would add classes, subclasses, and races as they were being completed.

Yes they did. Personally i do not really understand they way this game is developed. They fix things ingame atm and when new spells, weapons and whatnot is implemented they start all over again since such changes can impact even what was already fixed. But thats only my view from outside the box since i do not now how the developement environment acutally looks.
My guess would be that the build they are working on has most of the stuff already in it and they just don't want to give it away too early.

That brings me to the fact that a lot of people have already finished the EA in different ways with different chars.

I can only speak for myself but i was pretty hyped for the patch and really bored when it came out. The tweaks i saw were nice and neccessary mostly but it is still pretty much the same. I have something around 170h in BG3 and while there are people with much more than that:

I start to get bored. Thus i am hardly playing much till something new comes. Class, Race, Companion, Spells etc.

I know that is my personal feeling but if there are more people like me, they will pay less attention playing because we have seen most of it one or the other way. And that is not good for evaluation of gamplay.

We are happy that there are still a lot of hardcore players out there who test it laugh

P
P
Weeeeeee! I know that this is already a megathread, but I very much appreciate this and how much it shows that you're listening!

enthusiast
enthusiast
Anybody else noticed they changed the stats of companions?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Gt27mustang
Anybody else noticed they changed the stats of companions?

They did? That's awesome. I'm currently playing Solasta, but I plan a new BG3 on my days off from work.

stranger
stranger
Guy, did anyone check if “Under construction” screens ( like at the Camp party sex scenes) have been fixed? I have no opportunity to play now, but I’m so damn curious))

I am not native English speaker, so if you feel pain reading my posts, blame Babylon.
Lots of love <3
veteran
veteran
Both Astarian's and Wyll's have been extended and I like the changes to both. For both the actual sheks is under construction but both have been extended and Astarian has nicely done morning after scene. With noods and all.

(and I'll say it for the 100th time I don't like the changes to Shadowheart)

N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by KillerRabbit
Both Astarian's and Wyll's have been extended and I like the changes to both. For both the actual sheks is under construction but both have been extended and Astarian has nicely done morning after scene. With noods and all.

What are the changes to Shadowheart exactly?

veteran
veteran
SH smiles more often than not. Gone is the resting scowl. It's much, much easier to get from "you'll do" to "pleasant surprise" dialogue.

She no longer breaks off the relationship after the kiss, instead she thinks the relationship shows promise. Which for me ruins part of the "I fear what might be in my memories, these feelings are a threat to my relationship with Shar" aspects of the romance.

addict
addict
SH smiles more often than not. Gone is the resting scowl. It's much, much easier to get from "you'll do" to "pleasant surprise" dialogue.

She no longer breaks off the relationship after the kiss, instead she thinks the relationship shows promise. Which for me ruins part of the "I fear what might be in my memories, these feelings are a threat to my relationship with Shar" aspects of the romance.

I personally would leave the first part and remove the last. As a cleric of trickery domain she seemed too sincere with her constant displeasure expression. But her inner conflict was interesting and suitable.

enthusiast
enthusiast

I've yet to download the recent patch as I didn't want to start all over. How badly did they change Shadowheart?

Speaking of changes and fixes does anyone know if they fixed the Ranger Knight feat where you get a +1 1 to AC when you use dual weapons. Because before it wasn't giving the +1 to the AC before

Originally Posted by DragonMaster69

Speaking of changes and fixes does anyone know if they fixed the Ranger Knight feat where you get a +1 1 to AC when you use dual weapons. Because before it wasn't giving the +1 to the AC before

I rolled a ranger for patch 3 and made it ranger knight, with two scimitars the AC is exactly what the armor says.

stranger
stranger
Thanks a lot!

I am not native English speaker, so if you feel pain reading my posts, blame Babylon.
Lots of love <3
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard