Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Thespen Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T
I don't know if this is the right part of the forum but can anyone tell me why GOG is yet again requiring a full 62G down load instead of just the patch?

journeyman
journeyman
Same here frown

apprentice
apprentice
Is it trying to redownload the game as an entirely new version? The download for the patch on Steam was only 4.8 GB for me.

U
stranger
stranger
U
This happened to me on Patch 2, as well (also on GOG). I assume it's trying to download the whole game again. It wasn't the weirdest thing to happen to me in an early access game, but if it's gonna keep happening, kind of hoping we can figure out why.

stranger
stranger
It's definitely happening on GOG, the download was a 63GB download for me yesterday also.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Had the same problem with every single patch - redownloading entire game. I've seen somewhere that someone from Larian said that they're working on it, but i may be wrong.

journeyman
journeyman
Same for me, Larian please try to fix this!

stranger
stranger
Yeah, and I only have a 50g limit per month for downloads, so can't keep up this kind of patching (62G for my Windows copy and 43G for my OS X copy). smirk I had the same issue on GOG (don't have this issue with other games on GOG). I don't have it on Steam to compare.

Last edited by Lolmer; 04/12/20 03:58 AM.
stranger
stranger
This is disappointing and tbh, it totally ruins my appreciation of that game. Up to the totally unacceptable redownload of the game, it was pretty fun.
Do something fast please, i won't buy the game again on Steam just to have a decent patch mechanism.
Could you deliver the patch as a separate install like most of the previous patch extra ? Or do we have to wait a few months to get that ?
If you can't, just tell us who do we need to get answers from ?
Oh, btw, i leave in a very far back zone with a low band connection. Which means i need a week to update 65gb.

Link Copied to Clipboard