Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
What are your theories, who is this immortal skeleton? Anyone who cannot be harmed with ordinary weapons and who has the power to raise the dead must have incredible power.
Could it be an avatar of some god?

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
Chosen of Jergal. He can’t be killed because you haven’t found his phlactery.... or it’s a game decision because they want it to be easy to raise Gale back from the dead for the 10th time.

W
veteran
veteran
W
These are spoilers from data mining but the amount of evidence is overwhelming so you don’t really need it and it only confirms what is already apparent by tons of evidence:

its Jergal, former god of death, now more of a butler-deity to the god of the death (currently Kelemvor).

Last edited by Warlocke; 03/12/20 04:45 PM.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by T2aV
Chosen of Jergal. He can’t be killed because you haven’t found his phlactery.... or it’s a game decision because they want it to be easy to raise Gale back from the dead for the 10th time.

Argh. Gale. Thing that needs my immediate attention and suddenly he's all "imma let you finish, but Beyonce did the best video evarI need to talk you through my entertainingly long and tedious list of blah etc wibble oh I'm totally hatstand [cont'd p.93]" by which time everything else has gone pear-shaped and I'm surrounded by people now want to decorate me with my own intestines.

Cheers, Gale. Remind me not to invite you to parties ever.

J'aime le fromage.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Several questions at once:
Why does he need gold? From the point of view of lore, not from the point of view of game mechanics (everything is clear there).

How will the main character, the cleric of Jergal, go mad when he finds out who is traveling with him?

When we find out the truth, it would be good to find out his real level and the amount of hp, as well as change the character's name to the present.

Why would he travel with us? This is another question, the answer to which will be in the second act.

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Why does he need gold? From the point of view of lore, not from the point of view of game mechanics (everything is clear there).

Because he knows that it's better than fiduciary money :P I guess thats a hole in the plot.
I doubt we would even scratch him (throwing dogs should be illegal anyway) with his ultra
godish
hp pool.

mfr Offline
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by vometia
Originally Posted by T2aV

Argh. Gale. Thing that needs my immediate attention and suddenly he's all "imma let you finish, but Beyonce did the best video evarI need to talk you through my entertainingly long and tedious list of blah etc wibble oh I'm totally hatstand [cont'd p.93]" by which time everything else has gone pear-shaped and I'm surrounded by people now want to decorate me with my own intestines.

To summarise, Gale: "The tadpole is a bad thing!"

That must win the Sybil Faulty Award for stating the bleeding obvious.

Someone must have spiked her senna pod drink!
Skeletor. As another user pointed out it's related to Jergal.

enthusiast
enthusiast
What are your theories, who is this immortal skeleton? Anyone who cannot be harmed with ordinary weapons and who has the power to raise the dead must have incredible power.
Could it be an avatar of some god?

Clearly he's the Muffin Man...

journeyman
journeyman
Yesterday I started to play as Kelemvor's cleric and
I had a special line, something like "I think I saw you somewhere" and he answered it's possible, so this "god of death's butler" seems to be right.

Last edited by Phea; 04/12/20 12:18 PM.

Because that's the value of one mortal soul!

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by vometia

+27 I'm using all my inspiration points for this vote. This time I just skirted around him so he never shows up and I'm that much happier for it.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard