Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
D
D
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Well ... i didnt notice any [Half-Drow] option to pick so far ...
But at least Minthara certainly recognized that your blood is not pure.

She did? Does she have a half-drow specific line, different from the one for other half-elves? I have never noticed anything like that in the game, but I have not played through fully with a half-drow character.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Sort off ... she coments that maybe the Absolute outweights inpurity in your blood ... or something like that.

Aaaanyway ...
There is another missing dialogue i would like to sugest:

When you are talking with Shadowheart about the Artefact ...
The dialogue is:
Tav: That artefact seems to be protecting us somehow. Do you still have it?
Shadow: Quite te understatement, but yes - I have it. And I'll guard it with my life.
Tav: Say it costs you your life - What then?

If you have enough reputation with her ...
And IF you also are cleric of Shar ...

You certainly should be able to offer her you will finish her mission, in case she die.
She might refuse, or tells you that such talk is not required since she is not planning to die any time soon, but if the Mission is for your Goddess ... i believe that you should be able to at least offer your help.
Let us be Sam for our Frodo. ^_^

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 02/10/21 10:44 AM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
Dez Offline
addict
addict
Tons of good suggestions here! Cannot do much else than nod my head in agreement.

Hoot hoot, stranger! Fairly new to CRPGs, but I tried my best to provide some feedback regardless! <3 Read it here: My Open Letter to Larian
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Yup it took me 6 patches, 600 hours of gameplay and countless replays ... to FINALY remembered that i have Scroll of Detect Thoughts from Shadowheart when i first meet Astarion ... and also to use it.

Result?
Nothing. :-/

Kinda dissapointing i have to say.
I would expect the fact that Shadowheart have this particular scroll in her inventory to be some kind of hint from developers that someone have ulterior motives and we could potentialy be able to reveal it ...
And since Astarion is planning to ambush us, i say it would totally make sense to expose his intentions by using this spell. :P

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 15/10/21 11:54 AM.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
When Abdirak is whipping our ass ... i find Shadowheart comentary disturbing the mood.
Feel free to keep it there, that much is okey and it fits to her personality (and urge to hog the limelight) ...

But please let us tell her to shut up. -_-
Personaly i would find some reaction like: "Do you mind? We are having a moment here!" absolutely wonderfull. :3

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Niara
It's kind of odd that you don't get any dialogue options to comment when the character rants about how deceitful, worthless, nasty and useless Selune is - when in a world of present and active deities, and true tangible good and evil (celestials and fiends etc.), it's empirically known and established that Selune is an overwhelmingly good deity - greater deity, in fact, known the realms over for being a good deity, a champion of life and knowledge, and proven so.

But we can't say "Hey, um... you're, ah, a bit misinformed there, friend.. you've been a bit lied to, perhaps..." That option is absent, and it's weird.

Not missing but messed-up dialogue (missed race recognition): for some reason during recruitment on the beach Shadowheart answered the question (at least to the sorcerer) "Where is our githyanki friend" (PC is half-elven) "Gone. See, I am more reliable than your own people."

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Dialogue with Raphael ...
Yet another one where "attack" was removed from bottom left corner. frown

We can TWICE reach for your weapons ... yet we are unable to use them ... -_-
Come on larian, this is geting ridiculous, you are suppose to bring things with patches, not remove them. :-/

addict
addict
Originally Posted by sublimeclown
I SERIOUSLY NEED some other way to deal with those stealing kids ...

I mean, sure it totally makes sence that Tieflings would defend their little thieves ... and that they would probably not listen to anyone else so much.
But to have only ONE option "i never talked to any kids" or get to jail, or even worse get whole grove hostile, DRUIDS INCLUDED!!!? :-/

That is just horrible design. :-/

This happened to me at the camp celebration! Everyone I talked to was celebrating, singing my praises, and then the guard accused me of harassing the kids and suddenly everyone turned on me and it became a big brawl at the camp. What's even stranger is that after the battle, Astarion turned on me for some reason. I knocked him out and then he was nice to me again lol.

Freakin hilarious

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Niara
It's kind of odd that you don't get any dialogue options to comment when the character rants about how deceitful, worthless, nasty and useless Selune is - when in a world of present and active deities, and true tangible good and evil (celestials and fiends etc.), it's empirically known and established that Selune is an overwhelmingly good deity - greater deity, in fact, known the realms over for being a good deity, a champion of life and knowledge, and proven so.

But we can't say "Hey, um... you're, ah, a bit misinformed there, friend.. you've been a bit lied to, perhaps..." That option is absent, and it's weird.
What @Niara points out here is one of the worst examples of this problem. As I've been saying from the beginning, Larian's greatest weakness as an RPG developer is in the writing department. Their writing was extremely lame in the D:OS games and continues to be so in this game.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Another dialogue i need and is not present at all ...
Is option to persuate Deep Gnomes in True Soul Nere encounter to run an hide once i blow the wall off ... its incredibly frustrating, when you try to save them, and they KEEP RUNING IN CIRCLE LIKE IDIOTS! -_-

I mean come on, they are out of combat, they have unlimited movement ...
I can understand that they are affraid, i can understand they run only if someone gets close to them ... i can even understand (even tho it pisses me off) that i have to run towards them to encourage them to keep runing ... but for someone's sake, PLEASE at least learn them to run straight, instead of back and forward. -_-

enthusiast
enthusiast
It seems we need a sticky for botched conversations...there is so much.

I know it is really difficult to satisfy ever RPs desire for certain answers in multiple choice conversations but sometimes i feel locked out of the most natural responses. You have to play nice and diplomatic (more or less) in one moment and in the next you can drive a stake through astarions heart, killing him instantly. Hmm...

This could fill a book or 2

veteran
veteran
Here is a suggestion for Wyll: He has camp dialogue where he talks about his need for vengeance.
Tav’s dialogue choices are
  • Kill goblins, yay!
  • Revenge, yay!
  • Lol! You lost an eye.

It would be great to have a dialogue choice in that conversation where Tav can be against vengeance.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I SERIOUSLY NEED some other way to deal with those stealing kids ...

I mean, sure it totally makes sence that Tieflings would defend their little thieves ... and that they would probably not listen to anyone else so much.
But to have only ONE option "i never talked to any kids" or get to jail, or even worse get whole grove hostile, DRUIDS INCLUDED!!!? :-/

That is just horrible design. :-/

Give us at least option to:
[Persuation] "Let me explain what ACTUALY happened." ...
or
[Persuation] "Ok, lets take it to your leader. (Zevlor)" ...
or
[Intimidation] "Have it your way ... take that kid, and lets go talk to Druid leader. (Kagha)"
or
[Intimidation] "I just Saved your asses from goblins ... do you really want to try this?"
or
[Persuation] "I just Saved your asses from goblins ... is this false acusation how you repay me?"
or
[Sleight of Hand] "Wery well, i submit ... feel free to search me for whatever they claim i stole from them."
or
[Investigation] "This isnt first case of robery around here is it? ... Are those kids allways included?"
or
[Insight] "So if those kids claim that i stole anything from them ... they should have no problem telling what that was and how did they get it in the first place."

Or i dunno. laugh
That is probably all i was able to create ... just give us some options please. :-/

Another way?

By far the easiest way imo is a reaction vs the snake. Kill it to protect the child. Easy to explain and very druid-like. After that another chat with Kagha. In conversations, we sorely need more subdue options. They did it with Aradin, why stop? Especially when the party count is higher. Just hold them. WTF...

enthusiast
enthusiast
On the other hand i already said it somewhere else how i think conversations should look. It still feels like the party consists of 4 seperate parties. Our comrades react to our responses but rarely respond themselves.

My personal favorite would be that the NPC take active part based on their character. That way you cannot control what they say but have to steer the conversation as your PC.

The other way would be to handle it like the talk with the kithrak where you steer laezel. working similar to the Race/Skill/Religion etc. options(i.e. [Rogue][Astarion]: Let me bite her!).
That would make it feel way more life-like. sometimes it feels like even though your approval changes, the others do not even hear the words. In the next conversation they seem
to have completely forgotten what was said.

S
SereneNight
Unregistered
SereneNight
Unregistered
S
Clerics have really horrible dialog most of the time. Not all clerics are the same. It feels somewhat like the only option I get as special character dialog is to say a prayer. Other characters such as Sorcerers get new cut scenes.

Clerics of Eilistraee for example are required to learn music, sing and dance, and yet obviously we have no ability to comment on the bards singing or any of that. Clerics of the same deity would want to reform or help drow, except nope, nothing in the dialog to give us any interest beyond what any other class gets. I realize adding dialog for specific deity worshippers might be difficult but since they are included as options there ought to be less general dialog.

I would also like an option not to be railroaded in the camp party scenes by companions wanting us not to use the tadpole. It is either to say no, or yes, but not I will use it judiciously. The tadpole has actually prevented my character from dying in some scenarios I don’t see an option to say so.

I also do not like getting railroaded in the take poison scene with Nettie. It just seems odd that Tav would agree to it after knowing Nettie for a few minutes.

Last edited by SereneNight; 21/11/21 03:48 PM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by SereneNight
Clerics have really horrible dialog most of the time. Not all clerics are the same. It feels somewhat like the only option I get as special character dialog is to say a prayer. Other characters such as Sorcerers get new cut scenes.

Clerics of Eilistraee for example are required to learn music, sing and dance, and yet obviously we have no ability to comment on the bards singing or any of that. Clerics of the same deity would want to reform or help drow, except nope, nothing in the dialog to give us any interest beyond what any other class gets. I realize adding dialog for specific deity worshippers might be difficult but since they are included as options there ought to be less general dialog.

I would also like an option not to be railroaded in the camp party scenes by companions wanting us not to use the tadpole. It is either to say no, or yes, but not I will use it judiciously. The tadpole has actually prevented my character from dying in some scenarios I don’t see an option to say so.

I also do not like getting railroaded in the take poison scene with Nettie. It just seems odd that Tav would agree to it after knowing Nettie for a few minutes.

Yeah, I hope the original six classes will get the same love as been shown to druids and sorcs. At least it feels like those two got more special dialogue, and wouldn't surprise me if it's true since Larian had more time to work on them. Even though, as I proved in another thread, they haven't done a 100% great work with sorcs dialogue. "Never realized how easy it was to cast magic" my ass. The writer who left that line in deserves nothing less than a good ol' spanking.

S
SereneNight
Unregistered
SereneNight
Unregistered
S
Yeah, I agree some classes seem to get short shrift. I remember being surprised when someone told me there was an Astarion scene with sorcerers and I’m like wow. Sorcerers do appear to get a lot of love and attention. There is no additional scenes except for one dialog choice for the clerics to my particular deity.

I think the problem is there is a lot of lumping that occurs with certain groups.

Clerics a can be quite different from eachother. They need to have knowledgeable people write a few more snippets of cleric dialog.

Also dialog for the other core bases.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by PrivateRaccoon
"Never realized how easy it was to cast magic" my ass. The writer who left that line in deserves nothing less than a good ol' spanking.

Can the line be read as sarcasm?

addict
addict
Originally Posted by JandK
Originally Posted by PrivateRaccoon
"Never realized how easy it was to cast magic" my ass. The writer who left that line in deserves nothing less than a good ol' spanking.

Can the line be read as sarcasm?

I guess. And it would have been another smirk remark against Gale who seems to think he is so superior. In general I get the feeling that the sorc dialogue options is trying to put him in place. That particular line though wasn't a sorc option and felt more like a generic line available to all classes(can't know for sure since I never got the "Mystra-bonding" scene with my druid or wizard). And since the scene can be experienced with all classes, I guess, including non casters, the line would fit for fighters or thieves etc.
Therefor I take it as meant to be there for your MC disregarding your class, which feels weird when Gale responds to that line, recognizing your class as a sorcerer.

I mean, if they wrote special dialogue for sorcs in his response...they could have changed the initial dialogue option as well.

Edit: I also wouldn't see it as sarcasm as it's not a response to Gale, it's a conversation starter. Like something some one would say out of surprise from the experience they had with Gale and Mystra.

You could certainly roleplay a sorcerer struggling with your magic, but taken into account that you should be able to cast at least level 2 spells by that point and that the whole gimmick with sorcerers is that magic comes naturally to them makes it feel so off.
On a personal note, since I always roleplay my sorcs as having bigger ego than even Gale, that line made me furious laugh
And his response certainly put him off the list of characters that will get a peak underneath my robe.

Last edited by PrivateRaccoon; 21/11/21 06:30 PM.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard