Hello there.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by BuckettMonkey
Originally Posted by Firesnakearies

What are you EVEN talking about?

He's speaking the language of gods.

I've never seen glossolalia in text form before. Neat.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Verte
Every time I read "weak" and "snowflake" ;-)
[Linked Image]

It's not like norsemen considered words to be so important they thought it appropriate to duel each other to death over them or anything.

Last edited by Dexai; 04/12/20 10:00 AM.

Optimistically Apocalyptic
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
God damn it, do I gotta make a countermeme now?

Sigh. Be right back.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by whatever charlie tuna made this absurd meme

[Linked Image]

The people who say things like this, I swear. THANK YOU FOR REMINDING US HOW TOUGH YOU ARE, BIG MAN. Everyone definitely believes you.

[Linked Image]

It's not great, but it was a rush job.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Dexai

It's bit like norsemen considered words to be so important they thought it appropriate to duel each other to death over them or anything.

It would be pretty ignorant to use a Norse warrior for a meme about words, yah. Their culture put a massive emphasis on words and language to the point there were certain insults so insulting that to speak them was grounds for combat to the death. The concept of "fighting words" came from them.

Also it was illegal to recite poetry to a married woman because it was believed to be a work of magic that bewitched them away from their husbands.

old hand
old hand
All things die
Friends die, animals die
Even you yourself must die
But one thing I know that never die
Judgement laid upon dead men

Optimistically Apocalyptic
3rd restart?
Originally Posted by Tarorn
Revel in your obnoxiousness - I have yet in 35 odd years of gaming played an early access game, played for 75.5 hours & be looking forward to a 3rd restart - love the changes - yes they are listening - thank you Larian & keep up the great work - this is going to be a classic & the D&D game we all hope for( well in my opinion anyway )

3rd restart? what are you new or something? lol

veteran
veteran
I want to address the "the companions are too negative" thing, and point out something that it seems like both Larian and some players failed to realise - this is an opinion. "Too negative" is a completely unmeasurable aspect of the characters. I didn't find them to be too negative at all, and I was kind of a good guy for most of my playthroughs.

Some of them responded in a way you could define as "negative" sometimes, but this is not the question you should ask yourself if you want to make changes to them. What you should ask is whether it's consistent with their character. If it's consistent, then you should ask if that is the kind of character you want in your game. If it isn't, change the character, and if it is, leave it instead of creating inconsistencies that wi only harm the character. But don't leave the character the same while making her less consistent at the same time because it wi only make her a worse character.

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
Banned
Banned
Lmao yeah, imagine being raped by illithids and then surviving a misadventure to hell and a plane-crash and then when you're a bit pissy someone just comes out and says:
"You're just so negative, you gotta cleanse your aura maaan, things are not so bad maaan".
It's kinda hilarious. I think companions should just conspire to kill you if you're too much of a douchebag to them.

Banned
Banned
I'm pretty sure you couldn't be as much a douche to them as they were to you. I can only think of one instance, with Astarion, when he opens up about Cazador and you can mock him for it (which i did and it was enjoyable because he got pretty hurt by it). Actually, introducing more savageness on the MC's part would have also been a better fix than just making them nicer. And, hell, companions in BG1 and 2 go ape if they don't like eachother, why not have them go ape against you in this game if you don't treat them well? Not even sure Wyll or Gale turn on you if you go with the goblins.

Last edited by Innateagle; 04/12/20 12:27 PM.
veteran
veteran
You could also be a douche to Wyll about his nemesis and it was kind of priceless

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
Originally Posted by Verte
Every time I read "weak" and "snowflake" ;-)
<image redacted in quote>

The people who say things like this, I swear. THANK YOU FOR REMINDING US HOW TOUGH YOU ARE, BIG MAN. Everyone definitely believes you.
<image redacted in quote>

Posting snarky memes is still being snarky.

Quit it.

Last edited by Sadurian; 04/12/20 01:15 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by whatever charlie tuna made this absurd meme

[img]image redacted by Mod[/img]

[img]image redacted by Mod[/img]

It's not great, but it was a rush job.

Yeah totally stealing this. *yoink* oops

Mod edit: when I say not to continue using snarky memes, that includes quoting them so that they appear again in the thread. No more.

Edit: No problem. Didn't see the first notice you put down and didn't read this one as particularly snarky. Won't do it again rolleyes

Last edited by asheraa; 05/12/20 01:58 AM. Reason: Mod edit: offending images removed from quote.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
...you know what, forget the memes. What are you EVEN talking about?

If anyone figures it out and can let me know, that's be lovely. Thanks.

J'aime le fromage.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by KillerRabbit
Originally Posted by Uncle Lester
This is indeed a great patch that brings back a tiny bit of optimism for me. (Though, to be clear, I was never among the "feedback is useless" crowd.)

Nor was I and that group was always a minor. Most of the critics want to improve the game -- if they didn't care they would visit some other forum.

Me three. Agree with you both. Good patch, but long way to go for the game to be great. Several major problems still need addressing.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Character creation seems to still leave much to be desired.

I want more options, more faces and for god's sake more body types.

Come on Larian. Make it happen.
I beg you.

Originally Posted by kanisatha
Originally Posted by KillerRabbit
Originally Posted by Uncle Lester
This is indeed a great patch that brings back a tiny bit of optimism for me. (Though, to be clear, I was never among the "feedback is useless" crowd.)

Nor was I and that group was always a minor. Most of the critics want to improve the game -- if they didn't care they would visit some other forum.

Me three. Agree with you both. Good patch, but long way to go for the game to be great. Several major problems still need addressing.

This mostly sums up my feelings as well. However, the cynic in me wants to look at these changes and ask "how many of these are really from player feedback?" Meaning that they weren't already on their to do list.
For example, the party members jump fix, while AWESOME is easily something they would have internally identified before EA.
Some of the other changes are hard to judge (I haven't played this patch yet, may wait for another one first), but here are my rough thoughts:

Highly likelihood that this came from user feedback:
- surface changes
- short rest (I put this here because the effort required for this change would be so minimal, I sort of have to think it wasn't something they wanted prior)

Moderate likelihood that this came from user feedback:
- companion attitudes (the main reason this isn't higher is because I don't know the scope of the changes, very well may be moved up)
- dialog DC checks

Easily could have been on their radar pre-EA:
- party jumping
- rewards for non-violent solutions
- inspiration UI
- spell slots UI

TLDR: I'm very glad for all the changes, and I'm a bit more optimistic that they will actually change some of the really horrid design decisions they've made (see huge thread on height advantage nullifying tons of abilities), but we have to wait and see.

Last edited by Nezix; 04/12/20 04:34 PM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Innateagle
I'm pretty sure you couldn't be as much a douche to them as they were to you. I can only think of one instance, with Astarion, when he opens up about Cazador and you can mock him for it (which i did and it was enjoyable because he got pretty hurt by it). Actually, introducing more savageness on the MC's part would have also been a better fix than just making them nicer. And, hell, companions in BG1 and 2 go ape if they don't like eachother, why not have them go ape against you in this game if you don't treat them well? Not even sure Wyll or Gale turn on you if you go with the goblins.

Wyll just leaves you at a party. Gale doesn't really care about tieflings. I'm just sure it's too early to "attack", I think later, we can become enemies. And our relationship will affect that. But first act? Maybe it's too early.
They can just leave you, Shadow leave you very easily cuz u pick Lae.

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
Originally Posted by Nezix

TLDR: I'm very glad for all the changes, and I'm a bit more optimistic that they will actually change some of the really horrid design decisions they've made (see huge thread on height advantage nullifying tons of abilities), but we have to wait and see.

In all honesty, I kinda hope that one stays. That's the combat feature I enjoyed the most so far. Always scout for heights, have mobility spells/abilities or you can get screwed by a bunch of goblins.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard