Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Z
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Z
I picked up BG3 on Steam shortly after it went on early access but haven't had a chance to spend much time with it until just recently.

One of the first thing I noticed is that the camera controls are kinda wonky. You can pan and rotate the camera but tilt seems to be limited to when you zoom(using field of view change for zoom?). Would be nice if tilting was allowed and zoom out could go a bit further. Also the camera movement is a little jittery when its following the player. I don't think its a product of frame dropping, seems more like a bit more camera smoothing is needed.

Other issue is whatever effect you're using to create transparency in foreground objects that get in the way of the camera doesn't prevent those foreground objects from detecting mouse clicks all the time. So if you're looking through a big pillar with your camera and you click in the wrong spot, your character will try to move back near the base of the pillar as if it meant to find a way to climb said pillar. Presumably you could do some checks to see if your raycast hit an object being rendered transparently at the moment and if so don't try to interact with it?

Having fun with the game so far. Beautiful characters and scenery, great voice acting, lots of content to explore even with the low level cap. Now if I could only decide what class I like, I've only restarted about 20 times wink

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Zafaron11
Now if I could only decide what class I like, I've only restarted about 20 times wink

I feel your pain!

As to your other issues, yes they are common complaints. They did work on the camera some in this last patch, though I doubt it is close to enough but I haven't tried the new patch yet. I do spend a lot of time-fighting camera and targeting issues for sure.

Once you have a better feel, please come back and share your comments and feedback. Larian has demonstrated they are listening so it would be good to add another voice.

Link Copied to Clipboard