Print Thread
#741197 03/12/20 07:35 PM
J
jmos Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
J
I'm trying to access BG3 through Stadia on a Windows 10 PC. The launch goes normally until I get to the main menu, and then the cursor becomes invisible!!

The cursor (the pointing finger/gauntlet) looks normal as the game is loading, and is normal on the 'press any key to continue' screen. When I press a key, and the main menu screen comes up. the cursor vanishes.

After a couple of tries I realized the cursor is not missing, I just can't see it. If I'm careful where I place the cursor prior to accessing the main menu, I can move the cursor and highlight and make selections.

I used Alt+Tab to open another window and the cursor works normally. When I close the new window to go back to the game I get a message that 'your cursor is not captured by the game, click anywhere on the screen to capture it.' When I click, once again the cursor is invisible.

I tried rebooting my computer, and logging out of my Google account, but no change.

The game is listed as the new version, so the patch seems to be in place, I just can't see my cursor.

Any thoughts?

M
stranger
stranger
M
I have the same problem..

S
stranger
stranger
S
Same problem here. I was able to get it to work earlier by restarting BG3 several times. The next time even keystrokes weren't recognized except for exiting with ESC. After trying again several times, back to no curson.

J
jmos Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
J
I emailed support and the replied promptly. They gave me a few ideas that didn't work (different browser, clear all browser data, incognito window).

They passed it along to the next level of support. They did say 'they' got around it by using a controller (XBox, Stadia...) to get past the main menu screen, then it worked for them. Made me feel better I'm not the only one. Unfortunately it didn't work for me using an XBox controller. The cursor came back, but as soon as I clicked, it vanished again.

I'll post any other info I get.

J
jmos Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
J
Just tried again before going to bed (2145 EST) and it worked! Let's see if it's working for good.

Love to know if it was an intentional fix or dumb luck.

I play on Stadia too and have a controller for that format. I noticed some issues with my playthrough after new patch dropped, but not that one thankfully. It was tough enough saying goodbye to what had been my latest and most successful playthrough as is!

“This year the utopian candy shell has melted away to expose a hard center of bizarre reality.”
J
jmos Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
J
This is crazy. It worked last night, although I only logged on. This afternoon I played for a short while; created a new character and got to the ground.

A couple hours later I tried to play again, and the same 'invisible cursor' issue is back!

I'd love to know what's causing this.

M
stranger
stranger
M
I have the same issues. On a chrome book with Chrome browser frown

Any updates?

Someone on another site said they were able to get around this by clicking the screen as opposed to pressing a key when prompted.

I don't have Stadia, but recently started playing on a cloud computer with Vulkan. I encountered weird alt-tab and minimizing issues, and I wonder if screen resolution might be culprit. Just throwing ideas out there.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Had a similar issue on Chrome OS : try disabling OS mouse acceleration - worked for me :

www.reddit.com/r/Stadia/comments/e0y6ij/fix_your_mouse_in_chrome/

N
stranger
stranger
N
I have found a work around for this on Stadia. If you move your cursor at the same time you press any key on the first screen after game loads that seems to fix the issue. Has worked for me consistently.

Link Copied to Clipboard