apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
?

W
veteran
veteran
W
I wouldn’t expect to see Acts 2 and 3 until full release. That’s how it was for DOS2 EA. In terms of new content, races, classes, spells, rule features (like reactions), some quests and some story content is what you probably should expect.

Figulus Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Figures. Cheers.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Warlocke
I wouldn’t expect to see Acts 2 and 3 until full release. That’s how it was for DOS2 EA. In terms of new content, races, classes, spells, rule features (like reactions), some quests and some story content is what you probably should expect.

My guess is this as well. With the exception of new classes etc, we won't see a lot of new content like Act 2, 3

I just hope they actually release some new content (quests, characters, locations, classes) within the Act 1 borders. I'll be curious to know if we're currently seeing the majority of Act 1 or just something like half of the content for it.

Act 1 has been pretty empty so far, i hope they add more events to the world at some point.

addict
addict
That is not what it is on EA website.

And I hope they don't change their mind, otherwise there will be nothing left for the full release.

Originally Posted by Blade238
I just hope they actually release some new content (quests, characters, locations, classes) within the Act 1 borders. I'll be curious to know if we're currently seeing the majority of Act 1 or just something like half of the content for it.

I guess right now it is half or even less than half of Act 1.

There are 2 ways to reach Moonrise tower, we only have the underworld route now.

addict
addict
Act 1 isn't even fully implemented yet. I wouldn't be surprised if we get new parts of it unlocked to us, but Act 2 is probably not going to arrive until full release.

old hand
old hand
Zero chance.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by jsiu.dev
Originally Posted by Blade238

I guess right now it is half or even less than half of Act 1.

There are 2 ways to reach Moonrise tower, we only have the underworld route now.

I can't remember where I heard it, but I am under the impression that what we have now has been said to be most of Act One. My personal guess is that it ends after Moonrise Towers and that that section isn't very long in itself.

Optimistically Apocalyptic
enthusiast
enthusiast
While I also expect further acts will be made available at full release, I am hoping they add in or flesh out further side quests and locales, perhaps including additional race/class type quests to test various facets of other races and classes as they are introduced into EA. Maybe even some higher level quests that will be transplanted to other areas/acts in the final release, but allow testing of higher level skills/spells. At some point the coding for higher level stuff will need at least some degree of play testing, or Post Final Launch will still need a huge amount of patch/re-write/tweak after the game is in full release.

stranger
stranger
I guess Act 2 will probably be the city of Baldur's Gate itself and/or its surroundings. That would still leave quite a lot of potential content to be added to Act 1, such as the Mountain Pass, the Moonrise Towers and new areas in the Underdark (the Duergar Camp and
the Shar temple with the Nightsong)

Baldur's Gate 3 Character Renders (SPOILERS)
esomodelviewer.com/baldurs-gate-3
N
old hand
old hand
N
The moonrise towers are the last location for act 1. And I guess we can still get it before release. As for act 2, yeah, not a chance.

veteran
veteran
Nope

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
addict
addict
It was stated that EA is only act 1 - but more content will be added - patch 4 sounds like it’s the start of that process

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard