#741577 04/12/20 04:45 PM
L
Libera Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
Hello

Im not sure if I do something wrong, but im very new to the cRPG game's like BD3
so basicly Im after like 2 houers of gameplay, and I reached lvl 3 - Im playing Human/Cleric and I see some spells under spells menu ( "K" button )
are urpagated to lvl 2, but after I add them to my hero skillset, they are shown as 1lvl at the toolbar.

Last edited by Libera; 04/12/20 04:46 PM.
Spells don't level up. But, you have a few different ways in which spells get more powerful:

1. You can "upcast" some spells. This means you cast a level 1 spell as a level 2 spell. That means it takes a level 2 spell slot. Usually if you can do this, it makes the spell more powerful in some way, but it depends on the spell. A good example of this is Magic Missile:
At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the spell creates one more dart for each slot level above 1st.

2. Some spells do automatically get more powerful based on your level. Fire Bolt is a good example:
This spell's damage increases by 1d10 when you reach 5th level (2d10), 11th level (3d10), and 17th level (4d10).

Quotes taken from the D&D 5th Edition Player's Handbook.

I don't think you were actually talking about Skills (Acrobatics, Athletics, etc) but those increase in different ways:
1. Via the stat modifier that they are tied to (Strength for Athletics)
2. Via your proficiency bonus (at the start, skills you are proficient in get a +2 bonus. This increases to +3 at level 5, etc)

Last edited by Nezix; 04/12/20 04:59 PM.
L
Libera Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
Thanks I already figured it out , can you tell me why after leveling up I dont see an option to manually spend my attribute point's?

apprentice
apprentice
Is it a level where you even get attribute points? You get the option for a feat or 2 attribute points, but only at certain levels.

Last edited by SFPuck; 04/12/20 11:20 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard