Hey! So currently I'm 12h into Path3 (80 hours total from the start of EA), and I would like to share a few things that I noticed.
Overall - a great patch, we still need to remember that this is EA an and the game is only 2 months old. But we are heading in a good direction.The Good:
1. Cinematics looks a lot better, I had very little strange behaviors.
2. Hide helmets is something that the community asked for - and we got it
3. Party automatic Jump - for most of the time, works great for me - I had only a few issues when I needed to do a jump manually.
4. Cantrips were rebalanced - that's great!
5. A lot fewer bugs in my playthrough - this run was a much better experience for me than the previous one.The bad:
1. Stealth mechanic is broken in a new way - if one of your party members is detached from the group, and is hiding - when the whole party goes to combat - monsters are not hostile to that one detached party member as long as he stays sneaking.
2. Lip sync issue is introduced again.
3. We got a ceiling problem now
probably to address issues that devs saw in the speed run - nothing wrong with fixing that - but now I had a few moments that I needed to zoom in to do my turn.
4. In swamps I had a problem with Jump - there was no red error (no space or too far) but my PC could not make a jump - everything looks good but the landing was in the water - no jump The unknow:
1.Stealth overall need a little bit of attention - we can sneak in half-plate githianki armor without any problem - if we stay away from the vision cone. It seems that when we are sneaking we don't make any noise.
If we add on top to that turn base mode outside combat, and we have a head start in every battle.
2. Not sure how to feel about joining individual characters into combat - this is related to stealth.
Let's assume that only 1 party member is starting combat, others are hiding - then we can easily join our party members one by one, by performing our most devastating attack on archers / mages / most difficult enemry.
Basically, we can do a free 3x round of attack if we do these tactics.