Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Hey! So currently I'm 12h into Path3 (80 hours total from the start of EA), and I would like to share a few things that I noticed.

Overall - a great patch, we still need to remember that this is EA an and the game is only 2 months old. But we are heading in a good direction.
The Good:
1. Cinematics looks a lot better, I had very little strange behaviors.
2. Hide helmets is something that the community asked for - and we got it smile
3. Party automatic Jump - for most of the time, works great for me - I had only a few issues when I needed to do a jump manually.
4. Cantrips were rebalanced - that's great!
5. A lot fewer bugs in my playthrough - this run was a much better experience for me than the previous one.

The bad:
1. Stealth mechanic is broken in a new way - if one of your party members is detached from the group, and is hiding - when the whole party goes to combat - monsters are not hostile to that one detached party member as long as he stays sneaking.
2. Lip sync issue is introduced again.
3. We got a ceiling problem now smirk probably to address issues that devs saw in the speed run - nothing wrong with fixing that - but now I had a few moments that I needed to zoom in to do my turn.
4. In swamps I had a problem with Jump - there was no red error (no space or too far) but my PC could not make a jump - everything looks good but the landing was in the water - no jump frown

The unknow:
1.Stealth overall need a little bit of attention - we can sneak in half-plate githianki armor without any problem - if we stay away from the vision cone. It seems that when we are sneaking we don't make any noise.
If we add on top to that turn base mode outside combat, and we have a head start in every battle.
2. Not sure how to feel about joining individual characters into combat - this is related to stealth.
Let's assume that only 1 party member is starting combat, others are hiding - then we can easily join our party members one by one, by performing our most devastating attack on archers / mages / most difficult enemry.
Basically, we can do a free 3x round of attack if we do these tactics.

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
Originally Posted by Asseronia

2. Not sure how to feel about joining individual characters into combat - this is related to stealth.
Let's assume that only 1 party member is starting combat, others are hiding - then we can easily join our party members one by one, by performing our most devastating attack on archers / mages / most difficult enemry.

This is not new. I did this before patch. I ran a 4 rogue party.

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by Thrandarian
Originally Posted by Asseronia

This is not new. I did this before patch. I ran a 4 rogue party.

yeah - I know that this is not new - that's why is in the "unknow" section.
Also! I forgot about a few things:

The Good
6. Companions - they are great now! changes to the approval system fixed a lot of issues!
7. Dice rolls - whoa! a lot better with a lower DC.

The bad
5. Peacful option - I think that i did not get xp few times when i should - for example, guys at the crypt. I convinced them to leave, but i dont see any xp gained.
Did i miss it? or is it bug ?

The unknow
3. Rest system - whats the point of 2 short rest if we can spam long rest? To go as often as posible to the camp currently is even better - we could trigger a lot more cut scenes for our companions.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard