Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by andreasrylander
It's not necessarily a bad thing to just get one summon if that creature is powerful, imo. I mean sure, it's nice to swarm enemies with lots of cannon fodder type summons, I guess, but... I am quite fine with summoning one powerful bastard instead to avoid cluttering the screen and make things possibly a bit more balanced.

Wrong. Read what I said about balance above

"1 - In a SP game, FUN > Balance.
2 - A lot of D&D games din't had this BS. BG1/2 had a lot of powerful summons.
3 - Consistency in mechanics and lore >>>> balance. And a necromancer unable to control two undeads makes ZERO sense.
4 - Balance is subjective. Some people complain about bolt action rifles and shotguns on BF1, literally the less used weapons in the game and the weapons which people should use the most in a WW1 scenario.
5 - D&D was never balanced, except 4e which is the worst edition by far.

And even 4e, WoTC prefered to not include necromancy for the sake of the balance dogma than including a USELESS SINGLE summon limit on 4e. 4e was awful but at least they din't included an SUB class that serves to nothing but to cause frustration among the class fans."

This is summoning on kingmaker and yes, you can shapeshift into a silver dragon

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
[
And so far you have litteraly no idea how Larian will implement them ...
Didnt people say simmilar thing about Ranger? It seem quite powerfull to me. laugh

Because seems trashier than the P&P while range is better than P&P.

addict
OP Offline
addict
BG1 = Multiple summons
BG2 = Summon cap = 5 and people HATED it
BG3 = Single summon????

L
addict
addict
L
Originally Posted by SorcererVictor
BG1 = Multiple summons
BG3 = Single summon????

*cries in druidic*

addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by LukasPrism
BG1 = Multiple summons
BG3 = Single summon????

*cries in druidic*

Cries in Abyssal.

Seriously. All, I REPEAT, ALL popular necromancer characters in fiction has armies and armies of created undead at his disposal. Single summon limit kills the fantasy of being a necromancer so much that serves only to cause frustration to the fans of necromancers.

veteran
veteran
Fun fact 1: The game is in Early Access.
Fun fact 2: You cannot normally access level 5.
Fun fact 3: A shitton of class features and systems are not yet implemented, never mind working properly.

By all means, feel free to offer suggestions to Larian about how you would like to see the game work. That's fine and good. But perhaps take fun facts 1-3 into consideration before jumping to conclusions. There is perhaps a connection between fun facts 1, 2, and 3.

addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by Stabbey
Fun fact 1: The game is in Early Access.
Fun fact 2: You cannot normally access level 5.
Fun fact 3: A shitton of class features and systems are not yet implemented, never mind working properly.

By all means, feel free to offer suggestions to Larian about how you would like to see the game work. That's fine and good. But perhaps take fun facts 1-3 into consideration before jumping to conclusions. There is perhaps a connection between fun facts 1, 2, and 3.

Fun fact 1 : You cannot have a mage hand and a familiar at the same time
Fun fact 2 : Larian already did everything that they could to destroy casters in BG3. HP bloat, spell nerfs, ultra limited max level...
Fun fact 3 : Larian never had a game with good necromancy

Larian has a LOT of resources. If they din't allowed us to see the tier 3+ spells is cuz they are debating if they will """balance""" or not(read : Balance = Ruin and force everyone who wanna a more P&P experience to use a mod like spell fixes for nwn2)

veteran
veteran

Fun fact 1 : You cannot have a mage hand and a familiar at the same time

Yes, and that's a problem which should be fixed. Along with mage hand working exactly the opposite of the rules as written in every way. It does not mean that it is the final version of Mage Hand, because this is not the final version of the game.

Fun fact 2 : Larian already did everything that they could to destroy casters in BG3. HP bloat, spell nerfs, ultra limited max level...

That's not a fact, that's you making an baseless assumption of malicious intent, and calling it a fact.

Fun fact 3 : Larian never had a game with good necromancy

That's not a fact, that's you taking your opinion about what good necromancy is and asserting it as a fact.

Larian has a LOT of resources. If they din't allowed us to see the tier 3+ spells is cuz they are debating if they will """balance""" or not(read : Balance = Ruin and force everyone who wanna a more P&P experience to use a mod like spell fixes for nwn2)

This is more baseless assumptions of malicious intent.

U
stranger
stranger
U
I guess they could remove necromancers...

veteran
veteran
Since some spells say that you can summon several several creatures at once and not all summon spells require concentration there schould be no limit of having only 1 summon at a time.
So yes, a wizard should be able to have a familiar, animate dead and one other conjuration spell active at a time.

That being said I agree with Stabby: Its too early to know things for sure.
- Max lv is 4, so we cannot have animate dead at the moment, or any other spell with several summons.
- The necromancer subclass is not implemented yet and it would be pointless because we cannot get animate dead anyway.
- Animate dead is the only spell that lets us summon undead. You only summon weak zombies or skelletons and it is considered evil so every non evil NPC (and maybe some evil ones too) would attack you if you go to town with a zombie army.
- The concentration mechanic was added to prevent things like your kingmaker screenshot and endless pre buffing. Some people may not like it, but thats a fundamental rule of 5E.

groovy Prof. Dr. Dr. Mad S. Tist groovy

World leading expert of artificial stupidity.
Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
Banned
Banned

Clerics on D&D aren't healers like in a mmo.

They are representatives of a deity in the material plane. D&D is not the generic mmo about gear farming and cooldown managing. The spell system for eg, is based on literature(Jack Vance). And necromancers are a wizard specialization, you have evokers, abjurers, conjurers, illusionists(...) 5e already has the weakest necromancy on D&D franchise, with a single summon limit, there are no reason to even have it on the game.

So Clerics are basically "John Wick's" for their Deitys huh?
Well - I truly didn't knew that. And it feels very wierd just the same.

There was always a fine line of distinction between a user of Holy Abilitys and well, yeah... UNDEAD UNHOLY ABILITYS. grin
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! ^_^
NECROTIC HANDS?!
A TOTALLY EVIL SOUNDING SPELL!! laugh
THIS IS NORMAL? laugh
FOR CLERICS?! ^_^

Why destroy the Unholy for your Deity if you can become the user of the Unholy? Makes no sense to me.
But I somehow matches our current real world political climate. So much hypocrisy!
( Not going fully there though. )
I expected something different when my Cleric represented Selune just for the luls to piss of Shadowheart. And she took it way more easily as I expected.

The gods can suck d... -evil then. LoL
After factchecking this piece of shame called Kelemvor I feel like Devils are the better deal anyways.
This mofo imprisons people because they lived freely without SIMPING to a god.

Ok, its war.
Peace was never an option.
(LoL)

U
stranger
stranger
U
Originally Posted by JustAnotherBaldu

The gods can suck d... -evil then. LoL
After factchecking this piece of shame called Kelemvor I feel like Devils are the better deal anyways.
This mofo imprisons people because they lived freely without SIMPING to a god.

Ok, its war.
Peace was never an option.
(LoL)

I suggest you try Nwn 2 mask of the betrayer. The entire campaign is based around that "worship a deity or your soul is doomed". smile

Deities in D&D are not all benevolent and nice, this isn't christianity, so it's not abnormal for a Cleric of an evil deity to be a punisher and not a healer.

U
stranger
stranger
U
Originally Posted by Madscientist
Since some spells say that you can summon several several creatures at once and not all summon spells require concentration there schould be no limit of having only 1 summon at a time.
So yes, a wizard should be able to have a familiar, animate dead and one other conjuration spell active at a time.

That being said I agree with Stabby: Its too early to know things for sure.
- Max lv is 4, so we cannot have animate dead at the moment, or any other spell with several summons.
- The necromancer subclass is not implemented yet and it would be pointless because we cannot get animate dead anyway.
- Animate dead is the only spell that lets us summon undead. You only summon weak zombies or skelletons and it is considered evil so every non evil NPC (and maybe some evil ones too) would attack you if you go to town with a zombie army.
- The concentration mechanic was added to prevent things like your kingmaker screenshot and endless pre buffing. Some people may not like it, but thats a fundamental rule of 5E.

this. Buffing for 1mn before every fight was really tedious.

Last edited by Umsche; 10/12/20 11:19 AM.
Banned
Banned

Originally Posted by Umsche

Deities in D&D are not all benevolent and nice, this isn't christianity, so it's not abnormal for a Cleric of an evil deity to be a punisher and not a healer.

I didnt knew Selune was such a b°tch in disguise though.
Or Mystra. Or Eilistrae.
I bet their Clerics can use Necrotic Hands too.

Why not give them
° Torture the Heretics
and
° "F*ck you Mortals" grin

as spells of the 5th Tier or something?! >snort

U
stranger
stranger
U

I didnt knew Selune was such a b°tch in disguise though.
Or Mystra. Or Eilistrae.
I bet their Clerics can use Necrotic Hands too.

Why not give them
° Torture the Heretics
and
° "F*ck you Mortals" grin

as spells of the 5th Tier or something?! >snort

Yep, even good gods allow you to inflict wounds (that's the real name of that spell) to your ennemies.

Necromancy is not viewed as evil per default. For example raise dead and resurection are both necromancy spells.

I guess this is your "Torture the Heretics" spell : https://www.aidedd.org/dnd/sorts.php?vo=harm

Last edited by Umsche; 10/12/20 11:26 AM.
addict
OP Offline
addict

That's not a fact, that's you making an baseless assumption of malicious intent, and calling it a fact.

Nope. that is a fact. Larian did this awful "high HP/lower AC" rule without considering how it affect spells like sleep and color spray

That's not a fact, that's you taking your opinion about what good necromancy is and asserting it as a fact.

Is not my opinion. Cheb Gonaz has a channel ONLY about necromancy and he agrees with me.

I guess they could remove necromancers...

Better than having a ultra nerfed one that serves only to cause frustration on necro fans.

So Clerics are basically "John Wick's" for their Deitys huh?

Not "John Wick's" but a cleric of a evil deity do get some evil nasty powers. A cleric of Talos do get some nasty elemental powers.

Vecna on realms of dread for eg, prohibited the use of magic for anyone but his priests and he is the unique dark lord who ever escaped an realm of dread.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard