Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#743505 09/12/20 12:18 AM
OP Offline
I looked and didn't find anything authoritative, sorry if I missed something obvious. Is there a list of confirmed races not yet implemented?

I
old hand
old hand
I
Larian said that they want to add all core races, but that is neither a confirmation nor a promise.
Currently only the races already implemented are confirmed. Everything else, including datamining, is just speculation from our side.

old hand
old hand
We can still pray for an 11th hour cancelation of gnomes.

Ixal #743543 09/12/20 02:52 AM
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Ixal
Larian said that they want to add all core races, but that is neither a confirmation nor a promise.
Currently only the races already implemented are confirmed. Everything else, including datamining, is just speculation from our side.

So half orcs and dragonborn in addition to what we already have if by core they mean the PHB.

W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by BraveSirRobin

So half orcs and dragonborn in addition to what we already have if by core they mean the PHB.

And gnomes.

B
Banned
Banned
B
I don't like gnomes. They are careless and rude and irritating and they get everywhere.

addict
addict
Afaik Larian has been pretty hush-hush about races. We know we're going to get all the PHB classes and most PHB races, but to my knowledge they haven't confirmed (or denied) any races besides the EA ones and possibly gnomes. I hope we get Dragonborn, if only because of the visuals.

As for non-PHB speculation, I'm pretty sure svirfneblin and duergar are going to be added.

B
Banned
Banned
B
I fully expect more races to be added with expansion packs.

Ixal #744159 11/12/20 01:24 PM
old hand
old hand

Datamined races are more then speculation, they are evidence that the Devs at least have done some preliminary work on a host of races, so while they could decide not to further pursue work on any of these races, its not speculation that they started working on them, there is datamined evidence.

addict
addict
I don't think there's any authoritative source on this.

The best we have is they've said is that they aim to include all the customisation of the PHB in the base game (I mean, the game, BG3). I hope they deliver at least that.

Beyond that, it's anybody's guess. Some guesses, informed by data-mining the game files, are probably less wild than other, random bets.

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
Originally Posted by BraveSirRobin
I looked and didn't find anything authoritative, sorry if I missed something obvious. Is there a list of confirmed races not yet implemented?

the game will have everything from the PHB (well thats what they said)
https://online.anyflip.com/ofsj/cxmj/mobile/index.html

Dwarf
Elf
Halfling
Human
Dragonborn
Gnome
Half-elf
Half-orc
tiefling

Last edited by Evil_it_Self; 11/12/20 02:11 PM.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Omegaphallic

Datamined races are more then speculation, they are evidence that the Devs at least have done some preliminary work on a host of races, so while they could decide not to further pursue work on any of these races, its not speculation that they started working on them, there is datamined evidence.

Without digging through the giant data mining threads does anyone remember any races that were not a PHB race?

I
old hand
old hand
I
Originally Posted by Omegaphallic

Do you know how much discarded stuff, proof of concepts and otherwise dropped content ends up in game files? Just because it is in there doesn't mean that Larian still actively developing or intend to follow up on it.

OP Offline
I looked at the data mining thread. For those interested there was this.

"I've found that responses to a character with the Duergar tag are basically fully implemented. Same for Gnomes + Deep Gnomes. There's also partial implementation of voice responses related to the Half-Orc and Dragonborn racial tags."

Other races in the code but without player tag responses (at least for now) include:
Yuan-ti Pureblood, Warforged, Triton, Tortle, Tabaxi, Lizardfolk, Kenku, Genasi, Firbolg, Aasimar and Aarakocra

Last edited by BraveSirRobin; 12/12/20 07:06 PM.
OP Offline
Also 6 as of yet unreleased classes that shouldn't be a surprise but I'll also put behind a spoiler. Hopefully some of these races/classes come out next patch.

Bard, Druid, Paladin, Barbarian, Monk and Sorcerer

B
journeyman
journeyman
B
Thx BraveSirRobin. Basically the whole PHB + the Giths from the tome of foes. I still hope that we will get the artificer as a bonus class.

Blacas #744394 12/12/20 09:05 PM
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Blacas
Thx BraveSirRobin. Basically the whole PHB + the Giths from the tome of foes. I still hope that we will get the artificer as a bonus class.

Kind of surprised that Vampire Spawn isn't on the list. Will Astarion be the only way to get/play one?

B
journeyman
journeyman
B
No idea but I think you would play a material plane vampire the way you play Astarion, a kind of alteration to another race (High Elf in his case).

stranger
stranger
Interesting thread. Thanks for the info.
Is there anything in the data about sub-classes we haven't seen yet?

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Just let me make my Dragonborn 4'6" so I can RP it as a Kobold. That's all I'm askin.

Last edited by Seiryu Suta; 28/01/21 02:35 AM.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard