Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Patch #3 scuttled several choice options within character creation, specifically hair color, eye color and as of yesterday I was not able to select any different hair options and had to go with whatever the default setting was on the screen.

Needs and immediate fix, por favor!!

“This year the utopian candy shell has melted away to expose a hard center of bizarre reality.”
apprentice
apprentice
What platform are you playing on? I didn't have any of those problems when creating a new character in Windows 10.

OP Offline
Sorry, I should have mentioned that I'm playing on Stadia. And these issues have been omnipresent since Patch #3 blew through town. Honestly, even with the usual early access expectations, this is a game breaking occurrence. First my old saves were wiped on this format, without option to continue what had been my most effective and successful run to date.

And now, I can not make any character to suit my own preferences with several creation options effectively locked into a default mode. Adding insult to injury, I recently found about about that 1600 gold ruby and immediately took my newest characters back to Astarion's original location, leapt down and grabbed that only to discover that the jump mechanics are bollixed up too. I can't jump back up to where I first jumped down from, the cursor targets locations underneath the map in the games nether regions and will not budge. It's been that way for four days with no abate.

I do not want to step away from a game that I was enjoying, but frankly proceding as is seems utterly pointless?

Last edited by Capt.Wells; 11/12/20 01:14 PM.

“This year the utopian candy shell has melted away to expose a hard center of bizarre reality.”
enthusiast
enthusiast
I dont remember having issues with hair options on Stadia.

Love and sausages xx
OP Offline
Originally Posted by 0Muttley0
I dont remember having issues with hair options on Stadia.

As I move down the menu, once it gets to that point, the screen just moves past it never stopping on the color selection screen and also in reverse when I try to move back up. Also on a couple of the screens, the cursor can select color choices on the extreme right ... but only off camera. Those choices on the left hand side can be chosen too, but only two spaces to the right. It's like the whole thing is wonky!

I have checked these aspects daily since the latest patch dropped, uninstalled everything and then put it all back, but thus far ... zilch. These things can happen in an early access state, but trying to determine where to cry foul the loudest in order to hopefully get a fix .... or at least a dev "look see" is what I'm after.

I could live with the limited choice options, but I am stuck down on the ledge where the 1600 gold ruby is found and can not JUMP back up either. That is irritating! Trying to wait it out, rather than load a previous save at the moment.

Last edited by Capt.Wells; 11/12/20 05:56 PM.

OP Offline
Is there a way to notify Stadia or anyone about the continued issues that I am experiencing in character creation since patch #3 dropped?

OP Offline
It's only fair that I follow up my previous posts to mention that the arrival of Patch#4 seems to have corrected character creation for me. Yesterday I encountered no glitches preventing me from making the druid of my choice, and that had proven impossible since the previous patch.

So, thanks for the Stadia maintenance, Larian gang!

Link Copied to Clipboard