Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#744373 12/12/20 07:09 PM
Jhelzei Offline OP
OP Offline
Years ago, the Neverwinter franchise had a nifty chase cam (or 'driving camera') mode. It wasn't exactly first person, but the over the shoulder perspective it did help immersion. And since Larian has developed such a stunning graphics engine, it seems a shame to see 95% of the game from high altitude. On a more practical note, a worm's eye view can also be useful for spotting containers, loose treasure and quest objects, as well as traps.

Does anyone else think this would a be a nice addition to the game? Or just a waste of the developers' time?

Last edited by Jhelzei; 12/12/20 07:12 PM.
Banned
Banned
I zoom in whenever I can.
Yes please.

Y
Y
Yes please! Been wanting that too. The world is so gorgeous and not being able to see it in all its glory is such a miss.

veteran
veteran
I'd appreciate being able to pull the camera in much closer to my character than I can currently.

It would really help the work I'm doing trying to capture screenshots of animations and poses and compare where some don't line up well or need refactored...

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Jhelzei
Years ago, the Neverwinter franchise had a nifty chase cam (or 'driving camera') mode. It wasn't exactly first person, but the over the shoulder perspective it did help immersion. And since Larian has developed such a stunning graphics engine, it seems a shame to see 95% of the game from high altitude. On a more practical note, a worm's eye view can also be useful for spotting containers, loose treasure and quest objects, as well as traps.

Does anyone else think this would a be a nice addition to the game? Or just a waste of the developers' time?

Yeah!

veteran
veteran
OTS chase camera and the possibility to tilt the camera higher to see UP, yes please.

Basically I want to explore / move like in Dragon Age Origins. OTS view, hold down mouse button to move and steer facing with mouse.

stranger
stranger
Yeah I've posted about this. Would love a Witcher 1/DAO style camera

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by 1varangian
OTS chase camera and the possibility to tilt the camera higher to see UP, yes please.

Basically I want to explore / move like in Dragon Age Origins. OTS view, hold down mouse button to move and steer facing with mouse.

Yes to all of this.
The current third person camera is ok but not being able to look up is really annoying and immersion breaking.
Mouse movement would be great too, but I would also like a toggle to lock the movement keys to the character rather than the camera as well. Just can't get used to that part at all, so many times I move with the kb then realize I have to go back and fetch my character.

Link Copied to Clipboard