Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
After meeting Gith Patrol, Laezel said that she was very jealous of the dragon rider, and dreams of becoming a dragon rider someday.

Look into her lovely eyes. How can you refuse her?

[Linked Image]

We Demand to give this girl a dragon pet during the game. I want her to be happy

Last edited by OneManArmy; 15/12/20 12:33 AM.

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
Wouldn't be a dragon pet a bit unbalancing? Unless it happens in process of that egg laying monster turning on your party along with its pet dragon, in that case it is OK.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Choosen of KEK
Wouldn't be a dragon pet a bit unbalancing? Unless it happens in process of that egg laying monster turning on your party along with its pet dragon, in that case it is OK.

This could be a baby / young dragon, which she must raise so that in the epilogue we will be shown how she rides on it. Or it could be an adult dragon at a stage in the game when it doesn't break her.

In the game, the maximum level is 12-13 (maybe even higher), and that flying dragon in the git patrol has level 4. If Laezel has his own dragon at level 10, it will not be imbalanced

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
apprentice
apprentice
afaik dragons take literal ages to grow into adulthood so good luck, maybe add a dragon egg you can give to her as part of a quest?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Ianthebea
afaik dragons take literal ages to grow into adulthood so good luck, maybe add a dragon egg you can give to her as part of a quest?

Yass!
[Linked Image]

I
old hand
old hand
I
You know that the Gith don't raise the dragons they ride? They have to convince them to work for them and only really the teenager dragons agree to that as a form of training and diversion.

apprentice
apprentice
not saying she should hatch the egg and raise the dragon mind you, she could trade it or it could be part of a quest for a red dragon or something

I
old hand
old hand
I
Originally Posted by Ianthebea
not saying she should hatch the egg and raise the dragon mind you, she could trade it or it could be part of a quest for a red dragon or something

So whats the point of a dragon egg then except for a generic quest item?

And why should a red dragon follow Laezel, egg or no egg? D&D dragons do not work that way and are not meek followers without their own will like in Eragon, Game of Thrones, etc.

apprentice
apprentice
yes as a generic quest item, I'm the quest designer and these are my quests, thank you for your feedback.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
After meeting Gith Patrol, Laezel said that she was very jealous of the dragon rider, and dreams of becoming a dragon rider someday.

Look into her lovely eyes. How can you refuse her?

[Linked Image]

We Demand to give this girl a dragon pet during the game. I want her to be happy

I mean... she's a pretty horrible person... so .... no? o_o

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Ok, dragons cannot be pets, so let her have a dragon friend whom she will save from mortal danger! Give the girl a dragon friend!
She really wants it and dreams about it!
[Linked Image]

Y
Y
I bet she's gonna commandeer a dragon from some really undeserving gith knight of the other chreiche (idk how to spell that). There's gonna be some super high horsed knight thats gonna get himself killed, and the dragon is going to need saving from some near impossible death. Laezel will nearly sacrifice her life to save it. And then they are friends. Also this will be towards the end if the game. Or just for a certain act for some bad ass storyline, but the dragon ultimately says "that was fun, thanks for saving me, deuces bro" and flies away.

Last edited by YT-Yangbang; 13/12/20 04:07 PM.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Laezel must be with her dragon friend in a great emotional connection, like Minsk and Boo!

More than Shadow Heart and the dog at camp, or Minthara and her spiders

If there is a quest with a dragon egg, she should get very tired of everyone with this quest, and devote too much time to it, it will be funny.
This is her theme. Laezel and dragons. Larian can shown us how caring she can be and reveal her from the other side.

I
old hand
old hand
I
You guys know that red dragons are evil with a capital E. right? And also chaotic. They don't do friendship.

Last edited by Ixal; 15/12/20 12:48 AM.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Ixal
You guys know that red dragons are evil with a capital E. right? And also chaotic. They don't do friendship.

The Gityankas are also evil, but they have dragons that they interact with. Why can't Laezel?

veteran
veteran
I would like to give Lae'zel some lizzard companion, wich will she adressed as "mine dragon". smile

//edit: Or even better ... Tad Cooper!

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 16/12/20 12:56 AM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by OneManArmy

The Gityankas

I haven't thought of it before, but now it seems obvious to me that the plural of Githyanki should be Githyankee

Optimistically Apocalyptic
X
journeyman
journeyman
X
Last patch I was able to get the Red Dragon on my team. Tried for a couple hours this time, and while there are many ways to break the Mountain Pass encounter, unfortunately, killing the dragon and getting its corpse to stick around doesn't seem to be one of them.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]

Link Copied to Clipboard