Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Banned
OP Offline
Banned
Yeahyeah the Githyanki are kinda elitist in all they do.
They sacrificed even their compassionate braincells for strenght.

But don't you think the Githyanki Armor is kinda OP?
If we could at least find a single Heavy Armor with similar superiority to other Heavy Armor.
But there is none.
I feels a little hollow.

( Looks nice on Sassyhearts butt though. Can't deny. )

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
its just a basic half plate , what op about it ?
you can get scale mail +1 give the same AC for all party member
threis heavy armor in the game. but its wrost then the git armore or tscale mail +1 cuz no dex bonues alowed

Last edited by Evil_it_Self; 13/12/20 01:44 PM.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Banned
OP Offline
Banned
Originally Posted by Evil_it_Self
its just a basic half plate , what op about it ?
you can get scale mail +1 give the same AC for all party member
threis heavy armor in the game. but its wrost then the git armore or tscale mail +1 cuz no dex bonues alowed

Exactly.
The ultimate armor class is what I am all about in the end.
Fancy meta like innitiative rolls or maybe even dex-based dmg, not included.
Heavy Armor by itself feels like trash in comparisation.

Early Access really is not the stage for the Warrior to truly shine.

Originally Posted by JustAnotherBaldu

Damn that's a bad take.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Originally Posted by BraveSirRobin
Originally Posted by JustAnotherBaldu

Damn that's a bad take.

Agreed. That is an awful, and quite silly take.

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
I agree with OP. STR characters need more heavy armor available. It's silly that melee centric characters have poor AC, unless they boost DEX to +2, when they are already boosting STR so they can wear heavy armor.

veteran
veteran
We just need more armor variation. It's a bit silly everyone is dressing as Githyanki. We should have other half plates, breastplates, chain mails, splint mails, full plates...

I would even accept racial restrictions on armor where the body type of a race is unique. Gith males look stretched but the females seem oddly human in comparison. Males also look human once they have their armor on.

old hand
old hand
I wouldn't expect to see full plate in the first act. That should be something we can buy or find after getting to the next area. We already have chain mail and ring mail armour in game, maybe splint should drop as well.

Armour styles would be great but I would prefer that everyone could wear them.

old hand
old hand
I don't think it is Overpowered. It is good armor but it isn't particularly game breaking. Laezel starting with it makes sense, and makes her feel strong but not broken as a fighter. And later with the Githyanki Patrol, that is around level 4 which is more or less the level you want PCs to have decent base equipment.

addict
addict
Characters with Heavy Armor Proficiency should just begin the game with a chainmail. Or at the very least ringmail if we replace the ringmail that drops in the first dungeon with chainmail.

It is ridiculous that a heavy armor fighter or ranger has to deal with having a crushingly low AC for the entire first act. Chainmail needs to be available a lot sooner. 16 AC is really the minimum you need to feel like you're not made of glass in melee.

Full plate can be something we get toward the end of Act 1 where the chainmail currently is now.

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
Originally Posted by SaurianDruid
Characters with Heavy Armor Proficiency should just begin the game with a chainmail. Or at the very least ringmail if we replace the ringmail that drops in the first dungeon with chainmail.

It is ridiculous that a heavy armor fighter or ranger has to deal with having a crushingly low AC for the entire first act. Chainmail needs to be available a lot sooner. 16 AC is really the minimum you need to feel like you're not made of glass in melee.

Full plate can be something we get toward the end of Act 1 where the chainmail currently is now.

+1

Link Copied to Clipboard