Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
I propose to discuss here all the strange and not obvious actions that the player can perform. I would like Larian to see a list of everything that we will write here, and made it so that the game responds to such actions adequately.

1. Push Laezel off Natuloid and kill her while still there. The game provides this, you can find her body after.
2. Kill the demon commander. No reaction
3. Break the gates of the tiffling camp. No reaction
4. Heal a wounded Mind Flayer with Shadow's Heart ability - bug, no reaction
5. Strip completely before the quest of the priest Loviavar to receive a blessing. There is no hint of this, but if you do the game will react with a positive buff.
6. You can apply the brand of the Absolute in order to use the branded items of the Absolute and receive a buff and not a debuff. There are no hints in the game about how this mechanic works, you can only find out from the forum.
7. Kill everyone in the Druid Grove personally, and only then come to Minthara. No reaction! I expected admiration and special respect.
8. You can apply healing spells to Karlach, she will say "thank you"
9. There are some NPCs who die in 99% of cases, but their death is not specially scripted. If the player tries very hard, he can save them. I didn't check, but I would like to see that the Game understood what we did and reacted.
10. You can kill a swamp witch at the first meeting in the tiffling camp, it is very difficult to do, and it is impossible to do it on purpose (the witch does not participate in conflicts in the grove). But the game doesn't react to it in any way when we visit the swamp.
11. You can poison a barrel of wine in the goblin camp with wyvern venom.
12. You can start a romance between Shadow Heart and Laezel if one of them is the main character. It sounds incredible, but it's a lot of fun.
13. You can create a character with intelligence of 8, knowing that there is an artifact in the game that makes the intelligence equal to 18. The game does not react in any way to a player who knows spoilers.
14. You can release a spectator in a goblin camp or druid grove in order to easily destroy them.

Supplement, please

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
veteran
veteran
I assumed that the buff from the priest was just for passing all the checks well, and making a good dedication of it - I always strip down anyway, because it felt appropriate.

The game provides you an option to get the brand, and the items do describe that they negatively impact those not marked by the absolute - I wouldn't' have said that was really out of the way or hidden, personally, and it certainly doesn't require forum trawling.

Who are you thinking of in terms of NPCs predisposed to dying? Next play through I'm going to sneak into the grove ahead of the first attack and try to speak to him, to see if he's actually got dialogue.

I pretty much always kill the commander and his two cambion allies, in the nautilod - you don't get XP for him, but you get a lot for them; you get enough to get to level 2 before activating the transponder, in fact, and it feel very much like the ship in D:OS2, wherein if you scraped every bit of XP you could get just right, you got to level 2 before you hit the beach... it's almost identical in that respect.

One thing I'm looking at exploring soon is to let the Ilithid eat my brain, then revive the character with my allies and continue on... so that he's very definitely alive, come the goblin came scenes.

I certainly hope there is an achievement for #1.

6 is kinda of implied in the item description. I am more concerned whether using your tadpole or branding yourself this way would impact later game-play. The cut-scenes certainly hint on that possibility.

11. You can do it with the regular poison. I believe people complained you couldn't use Wyvern poison there and they probably fixed that. The best part is how goblins start to complain about cruelty right after that. Next they'll write a letter to UN smile

14... How in hell do you do 14? Do you need to clear Underdark 1st?

W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by Choosen of KEK

14... How in hell do you do 14? Do you need to clear Underdark 1st?

There are two spectators.

One is in the iron flask being transported by the Zhentarim agents in the cave you can rescue from knolls.

G
addict
addict
G
What does the Loviatar buff do?

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by gaymer
What does the Loviatar buff do?

I don't think it's been properly implemented yet, but the dagger you can loot off him gives a d4 bonus die for 1 round on successful hit, so I'm guessing the actual blessing he gives does similar if not the same effect.

Last edited by asheraa; 15/12/20 10:43 AM.
old hand
old hand
The Absolute items definitely tell you that you can only use them if you are faithful to the Absolute. I believe one of them even says that you need a brand or mark but I might have added that in hindsight. Anyway I agree that it's not really a secret if the game spells it out for you.

Optimistically Apocalyptic
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
15. Send the companion to the dying Mind Flayer and let him eat the companion's brains, while the rest of the party should be far away.
After a visit to the goblin camp, there should be no scene with a dead mind flayer, plus this mind flayer should break the plot if he remains alive ... but Larian 100% did not implement this if he cannot even be cured in the usual way.

16. Everything related to Kagha is already described in a separate topic, now her quest is strange and incomplete, but I hope these are just problems of early access

17. A player who knows the spoilers can try to save the life of the goblin Sazza. Free her from the cage, take her to the entrance to the Grove, but do not take her out completely. Divide the group, and go to Minthara as the main character, take the quest to destroy the Grove. Or destroy all the goblin leaders with a party of 3 people (Sazza afk). I have not tested it, but I am sure that the game does not give a reaction to this. I think 99.9% of all players who do this know spoilers, so you need a voice of a narrator, an Easter egg, whatever.
If you do that, then keep Sazza alive until the end of the Battle of the Grove. I think it deserves an achievement, an opportunity to choose Sazza for a one night romance, and comments from companions and others that we are strange and disgusting. This is if the player was on the side of the tifflings.
Minthara should try to kill us immediately when she finds out for whom we refused to sleep with her.

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
journeyman
journeyman
18. You can disguise yourself as tiefling, steal the idol of Silvanus to have the druids attack the tieflings and then leave the scene abandoning the tieflings to their destiny. Right now the tielflings kill all the druids and thank you for helping them. Not exactly the outcome I was expecting.

I'm not sure it fits this list, but I also realized that if you can take Wyll with you when you talk to Minthara and accept to attack the grove he will leave the party and warn Zevlor. When you go to the grove, Zevlor mentions the fact that Wyll warned him, but will still let you in (not very smart IMHO) and you are once again given the choice to side with them or betray them. If you decide to betray them though there's no way to complete the mission. Minthara just keeps saying there are more tieflings to kill but I've checked everywhere. I also believe Wyll should take part to the battle in this case and fight against you.

B
Banned
Banned
B
Originally Posted by OneManArmy

1. Push Laezel off Natuloid and kill her while still there. The game provides this, you can find her body after.

But isn't the naulatoid in Avernus when you meet Lae? So if we push her off into hell we should NOT find her body.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Bruh

But isn't the naulatoid in Avernus when you meet Lae? So if we push her off into hell we should NOT find her body.

I have not tried to do this personally, but such a hidden feature has been discussed a lot on the forum. Yes, it looks strange

Originally Posted by Kajsentlyha
18. You can disguise yourself as tiefling, steal the idol of Silvanus to have the druids attack the tieflings and then leave the scene abandoning the tieflings to their destiny. Right now the tielflings kill all the druids and thank you for helping them. Not exactly the outcome I was expecting.

Man, that sounds pretty fun honestly. Giving me ideas for an "agent of chaos" character.

journeyman
journeyman

I suspect gameplay and story segregation is at work here.

Specifically, you push her off, and indeed she does go to hell, but the devs probably figure that you might change your mind about having her in your party later (or just don't want to limit the options of people who get curious about shoving her off or want to solo the nautiloid down the line when they're off the nautiloid) so give an out so you can recruit her if you want to later without having to start a whole new game.

Lover of non-haughty elves and non-smutty lesbian romance
"1404. I will not spoil the adventure's mandatory ambush by using the cheesy tactic of a "scout"." - From "Things Mr. Welch is no longer allowed to do in a (tabletop) RPG"
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by AvatarOfSHODAN
Originally Posted by Kajsentlyha

Man, that sounds pretty fun honestly. Giving me ideas for an "agent of chaos" character.

Yes, that was fun, but the fact that the tielflings won made no sense... if you're strong enough to defeat the druids take over the grove and don't ask for my help. And they even thanked me. I was trying to frame you foul bloods, not help you.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by zyr1987

I suspect gameplay and story segregation is at work here.

Specifically, you push her off, and indeed she does go to hell, but the devs probably figure that you might change your mind about having her in your party later (or just don't want to limit the options of people who get curious about shoving her off or want to solo the nautiloid down the line when they're off the nautiloid) so give an out so you can recruit her if you want to later without having to start a whole new game.

Maybe she grabs a random tentacle on her way down, holds on for dear life, then gets squished on impact? eek ouch hahaha

B
Banned
Banned
B
Strangest thing...... well..... jump over 5 yards from the Stan or like over 3 yard upwards. Truly strangest thing. Totally unique... never been bevor in a DnD game. Basically froggers gate 3

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Baldurs-Gate-Fan
Strangest thing...... well..... jump over 5 yards from the Stan or like over 3 yard upwards. Truly strangest thing. Totally unique... never been bevor in a DnD game. Basically froggers gate 3

Its in the jump rules for 5e and explained pretty well here, but I'm sure I can find info on the movement enhancing spells etc if you need. It's definitely been a thing in D&D over several editions however, I've been in parties where high dex characters have jumped several stories from a standing start.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DnD/comments/8mkttu/maximizing_jump_heightdistance/

Last edited by asheraa; 16/12/20 10:50 PM.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard