Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#744893 15/12/20 08:36 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hello! I am experiencing a bug with romance cutscenes where, instead of playing a cinematic, the game just shows characters lying in their bedrolls with the dialogue lines below.

[Linked Image]

This affects everyone who has responded favourably to my character's offer to spend the night with them (i.e. everyone except Lae'Zel, whose approval was too low for that). As I was able to romance Astarion and Shadowheart on my Patch 2 playthroughs, and have seen some screenshots/videos of Wyll and Gale's romances, I know that this bedroll pillowtalk is not what should actually be happening. :P

Reloading the game and switching back and forth between DirectX and Vulcan has not helped.

I have already submitted an official ticket to Larian, but got an automated message saying that the response may be delayed, and encouraging trying my luck at the forums. So here I am!

Obviously, this is not a game-breaking issue, but I still would have loved to properly experience this aspect of the game. Thanks in advance to anyone who offers input or shares similar experiences!

journeyman
journeyman
It's been like this for me since Patch 3. After hotfix 6 at least I get the dialog options and can move past it. Before the hotfix I was stuck on a screen with everyone sleeping and no option to move past. The only cutscene that still triggers for me is Minthara's, but I haven't tried Gale nor Lae'zel.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Oooh wow, I had no idea it was that bad before the hotfix! (I only tried to romance people on Patch 3 after the hotfix was installed). That's a bit disheartening, as I was especially looking forward to seeing the updated scenes for Astarion in person, rather than via teaser gifs on Tumblr and such. But it's a bit a relief that I am not the only one!
I wonder if there is something that triggers the issue, because other people have evidently been able to initiate cutscenes as they were supposed to!

C
stranger
stranger
C
It all worked fine for me before Hotfix #6.. Now the cutscenes are gone frown It's really disheartening..

journeyman
journeyman
Yeah, I think hotfix 6 was an improvement only for those like me who were completely stuck because of a cutscene that did not trigger.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by Cheen
It all worked fine for me before Hotfix #6.. Now the cutscenes are gone frown It's really disheartening..

I hope Larian takes note of this (I think I saw someone mention that the devs check out the feedback on the forums), and fixes the hotfix! If it's not an isolated issue, more messages on the subject are bound to show up. Hopefully. Depends on how many people consider a well-animated smooch a part of a quality gaming experience :')

G
stranger
stranger
G
Same bug here, also confirmed it happens with Wyll, Shadowheart and Astarion, haven't tried to test it with the others. Reloading the game or a previous save doesn't change anything. Glad it's not just me, at least.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
The more of us out there, the better the chances of Larian realizing that the hotfix messed things up a little!

stranger
stranger
I was wondering about that. Wasn't sure if the cutscenes were disabled temporarily or if an 'oops' happened.

For me, before this particular hotfix the romance scene with Astarion (fully admit it hadn't crossed my mind to try with anyone else in the name of 'science' hah) played more-or-less okay besides an issue of both characters' poses not fitting well together -- not using the right/best 'sized' paired animations I can only assume. I submitted a report for it and was told it was a known issue with some of the male races (half-elf in my case and also Githyanki) "which should be fixed soon in an update." Naturally when I saw hotfix #6 drop I had to at least load up my game and take a peek and noticed then that the cutscene was like OP posted. (oops? ^^;;)

This leads me to wonder if they're likely in the middle of fixing the various known issues maybe?

I'm also trying to get a handle on how much bug reporting is acceptable, last thing I want to do is annoy TF outta the devs over every single thing I come across eek

Last edited by BitterWanderer; 16/12/20 09:30 PM.
G
stranger
stranger
G
Originally Posted by BitterWanderer
I was wondering about that. Wasn't sure if the cutscenes were disabled temporarily or if an 'oops' happened.

For me, before this particular hotfix the romance scene with Astarion (fully admit it hadn't crossed my mind to try with anyone else in the name of 'science' hah) played more-or-less okay besides an issue of both characters' poses not fitting well together -- not using the right/best 'sized' paired animations I can only assume. I submitted a report for it and was told it was a known issue with some of the male races (half-elf in my case and also Githyanki) "which should be fixed soon in an update." Naturally when I saw hotfix #6 drop I had to at least load up my game and take a peek and noticed then that the cutscene was like OP posted. (oops? ^^;;)

This leads me to wonder if they're likely in the middle of fixing the various known issues maybe?

I'm also trying to get a handle on how much bug reporting is acceptable, last thing I want to do is annoy TF outta the devs over every single thing I come across eek

Oh I wonder if that's the common thread: i.e. character model. I play a F!Half-Drow. Idk if this should make any difference, but it'd be interesting to see if the people with the bug all play a half-elf something.

addict
addict
Same on drow female. Maybe they're changing something. Never had it before.

Last edited by Nyloth; 17/12/20 12:03 AM.

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Kajsentlyha
Yeah, I think hotfix 6 was an improvement only for those like me who were completely stuck because of a cutscene that did not trigger.

I still have that problem, even after the hotfix. I just reloaded my "cheat with Gale" save and my PC gets stuck when she goes to sleep, same as before - can't continue with the game.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by Gibberling

Oh I wonder if that's the common thread: i.e. character model. I play a F!Half-Drow. Idk if this should make any difference, but it'd be interesting to see if the people with the bug all play a half-elf something.

In my case, the character that was affected by the bug uses a female Halfling model, so I have no idea if there is an issue with specific player character models or not. Haven't gotten my other characters (male Tiefling, Male Half-Drow, Female Githyanki) this far yet!

Last edited by SadSadMage; 17/12/20 09:34 AM.
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Also, just heard from a person on Tumblr that they are experiencing the bug with a Dwarf, a Halfling, and a Githyanki during the Astarion romance. So this seems to be universal, after all. Or maybe affecting everyone except human PCs since no-one mentioned a human yet. :P

Good to know that Larian seems to be at least somewhat on it, though (wrt male characters).

Last edited by SadSadMage; 17/12/20 10:24 AM.
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Cheen

Same for me and I'm playing as a female human. Same thing happened when I entered a dialogue with Kagha in Druids Glen.

stranger
stranger
I've also encountered this bug unfortunately when I went for Astarion (I play f!elf) - the voice lines were fine and I was able to continue to the next day, but I have seen glimpses of the Astarion cutscene and was a little dismayed to be missing out. On the bright side, it seems like Larian is pretty responsive to feedback and very fast at churning out hotfixes so the romance cutscenes'll likely be back before the new year. I've submitted an official ticket on their site as well. Fingers crossed : )

stranger
stranger
I think hotfix 6 fixed the bug of "players could see romance scene"LOL...now my PC(female half-elf) only makes CONVERSATION with Astarion on each other's bed.

The avatar was painted by myself
veteran
veteran
Yes, I've experienced the bug today too - did the Wyll romance with a female Tiefling and had only the dialogue. It's not game breaking or anything for me, but I thought, I'll leave it here, since it does seem to be a bug.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
After siding with the goblins, the Minthara cutscene worked (with a male Drow), but the Astarion and Gale cutscenes were the lying around the campfire as above.

I ran though the game again with a male Tiefling, sided with the Tiefs and had Astarion's scene fail again, so the problem seems pretty pervasive.

D
stranger
stranger
D
I have the exact same problem frown i hope itll be fixed soon

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard