Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
There are a options bluff your way into the villains, but I've always run into an already marked as hostile/red (I think through a bug, as they were in different places each play through and seemingly for no reason.) so fights broken out.
So just wondering, is it an option? Or if you manage to follow the bluff/joining storyline does it end the same way? just a sneaky/bluff way to reach the bear but the same from there?

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
Also- I support the important thread in the suggestions: Let everyone in the Party Speak
You can totally walk your way through all the goblins via skill checks or tadpole powers. The very first rooftop ambush indeed shows red initially, but you still trigger a conversation. If you pass the skill checks, they turn neutral.

Last edited by Choosen of KEK; 16/12/20 02:51 AM.
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I always got a red random guard walking around, but a different place each new game. Twice around the drow though, once by the hobgoblin interrogating the corpse. Not a scripted anything and no chance for checks.That's why I said bug not ambush and why I am asking unstead of just trying again.

So if you walk past everything, it ends the same, or you can side with them against the grove? like different content. Or just sneak/bluff through them and take the boat skipping content?

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
Also- I support the important thread in the suggestions: Let everyone in the Party Speak
Supposedly, you can mount an attack on the grove. I have never tried though because I am not a big fan of evil play-through. Druids probably have it coming, but Tieflings haven't done nothing wrong.

Y
Y
Originally Posted by Choosen of KEK
Supposedly, you can mount an attack on the grove. I have never tried though because I am not a big fan of evil play-through. Druids probably have it coming, but Tieflings haven't done nothing wrong.

If you attack the druids, do the tieflings immediately join the fight to help defend them? I suppose if you know the answer you may need to spoiler proof it.

addict
addict
First, if you're playing as a Drow or half-Drow, you won't need any checks. And you can attack the grove with the goblins. That's what you're talking about, right?

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Nyloth
First, if you're playing as a Drow or half-Drow, you won't need any checks. And you can attack the grove with the goblins. That's what you're talking about, right?

This also applies if you use the mage disguise. Goblin at the gate will automatically start off friendlier if you appear as a drow than any other race.

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
Originally Posted by asheraa
Originally Posted by Nyloth

This also applies if you use the mage disguise. Goblin at the gate will automatically start off friendlier if you appear as a drow than any other race.

In this run I sneaked in the blighted village near the group of goblins that kidnapped the deep gnome. The leader talked to my character (a full drow tadpole enhanced laugh ), I choose the tadpole power option, it was an easy win (the roll was against a 1), obviously the little fella had trembling knees and almost peed himself and decided to go away with his pack.

Now is the point when things got weird (to me as a player, my Tav just shrugged and cleaned the village): after the cutscene the goblin leader and his troupe became hostile and engaged a battle. As I said I was surprised because the double feature Pure Drow and tadpole implanted should make goblins bow and put their tail, had they one, between their legs in submission.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard