Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#745690 20/12/20 03:23 PM
fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I was a bit freaked out tbh, when every companion apart from Shadowheart asked me to sleep with them during the celebration. I mean, I barely talked to Astarion and Lae at that point, they were both neutral to my character. I have good relationships with Wyll and Gale (my character is a goody-two-shoes), so those two made sense. I did settle for Wyll because it makes sense in my story (my girl is a warlock too and they bonded over that).
My question ist: is it a bug that I got those offers from Astarion and Lae? Or is it because of EA, so that we can be able to experience every possible romance without having to worry about approval?
It felt forced, that those two would suddenly come to my character. I mean, they could just ask one of the Tieflings for a one night stand (would be less awkward anyway, because those Tieflings will be gone in the morning).

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
fylimar #745695 20/12/20 04:06 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Well, I'd say that's part of their character. 200-years-old vampire and githyanki (race who shares no romantic nor family bonds) are perfectly fine. Biggest problem for now is that all jump on MC at the same time even if player triggered some flirt flags with specific character. Maybe it could help if yellow marker was more correct and show up above our prefered romance option as it locks other romances at the tielfing party.

fylimar #745697 20/12/20 04:13 PM
addict
addict
It's not a mistake, I'll tell you more, it's not even the beginning of their romance. At the beginning in DOS2, you can also sleep with Fane "for the sake of science" and this is not the beginning of his romance. You sleep with Lae and Astarion more for pleasure than anything else. You can literally choose the "want to have fun" option in the Astarion cutscene. Take it easy, you can always say no.

Also on a neutral level, I know 100% that Lae doesn't suggest you sleep with her, she says that you "often turn your back on me" or something like that. in general, a neutral level is not enough. Astarion can also reject you with the words " you're not my type." So you either have an approval bug, or your approval is higher than neutral.

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
Nyloth #745698 20/12/20 04:21 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Nyloth
Also on a neutral level, I know 100% that Lae doesn't suggest you sleep with her, she says that you "often turn your back on me" or something like that. in general, a neutral level is not enough. Astarion can also reject you with the words " you're not my type." So you either have an approval bug, or your approval is higher than neutral.

With patch 1 or 2 I had Lae on neutral and she clearly wanted to bang my boy. ;-)

fylimar #745700 20/12/20 04:31 PM
fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I'm neutral with both characters and tehy clearly made advances. It just seems kind of strange, because there was no chemistry whatsoever between one of them and my character

Doctor Who
Verte #745758 20/12/20 10:18 PM
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Verte
Originally Posted by Nyloth

With patch 1 or 2 I had Lae on neutral and she clearly wanted to bang my boy. ;-)

I checked it out today and I think it's a bug. I've been playing against Astarion today and I've been constantly getting disapproval from him (wherever possible) and at the party he still offers to "have fun".

The funny thing is that if you offer him to "have fun" then in this case he refuses! he says he has standards and you're not right for him. But if you just ask him "what are you talking about", then he offers you sex. It looks like something is not working properly, such as the approval system. It's the same dialogue, but one phrase solves everything? at a high level of approval, he doesn't reject you if you choose that option. So it's weird...

our relationship with him is literally so bad that i had a dialogue where he wanted to leave the camp, i mean its low. yep. idk how it's work

Last edited by Nyloth; 20/12/20 10:29 PM.

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
fylimar #745811 21/12/20 10:00 AM
fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Yeah, that was, what happened to me. I thought, that it had to be a big, otherwise starting a romance would be a bit too easy.

Doctor Who
fylimar #748763 02/01/21 06:33 PM
W
apprentice
apprentice
W
I find it unrealistic and boring that all companions are romanceble for all classes races and sexes.
No makes no sense att all and gives no flavor to the char.

I love judy as a char in cyberpunk but not being able to romance her since i played as a male even tho i hated it added to the char.

Really hate this everyone can join club.

I... live! Flesh and blood and bone! I am alive! Ha-ha! I swore I would scratch and crawl my way back into the world of the living... and I have done it!

Link Copied to Clipboard