Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
I killed every single Tiefling and Druid in the camp before meeting Minthara. I was curious if I could tell Minthara that I had already cleared the camp, but the option did not exist. So, the scene played out like it normally does, and i was given the quest to return to the Tiefling camp and open the gate for the Goblins. This pretty much breaks the game, because you can't call the goblin army with the horn, and you can't return to the Tieflings, because they are dead. There needs to be a way for Minthara to know you killed everyone ahead of time, and continue to progress through the story. In a game that allows you to kill everyone, i think the acknowledgement of that action needs to exist in some form.

Banned
Banned
Hard worker ey?
Mad respect.
Killing everybody feels like such a drag too currently when you know you will most likely have some other playthroughs anyways.

Would have expected a dialogue like this already in the game though.
Yeah that needs to change.

G
journeyman
journeyman
G
Id guess that the reason it doesnt exit because 99% of the population would not choose to do this. There are lots of things to work on, this seems like a low priority imo.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by gametester1
Id guess that the reason it doesnt exit because 99% of the population would not choose to do this. There are lots of things to work on, this seems like a low priority imo.

Maybe it doesn't concern many players, but at the same time, Larian really wants to create a RPG that gives players freedom. Also, it doesn't sound like too much coding for the goblins-vs-grove arc to have a variable that detects if the grove was massacred and if consequently a future conversation (with Minthara) will make no sense and lead to a dead game.

I think the main reason why it's not done yet is that it's Early Access and Larian hasn't tied all lose ends on this arc yet (I want to assume that they are competent enough to have seen that there might be an issue if players choose to kill everyone in the grove).

I'm in the vast majority of people for whom this won't be a problem (I have more evil characters than good characters lined-up, and none is a murder-hobo), but really, it sounds quick to fix and it would be a blatant bug if the game is released without this fixed.

Link Copied to Clipboard