Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
After completing a long rest, the game loads with me playing as one of the companion characters and my avatar gone from the map. If I switch to my character, it doesn't appear, nor can do anything, and only shows a black silhouette on the character card. Reloading that save causes all characters to disappear from character selection.

Renders game unplayable........

E
stranger
stranger
E
I had the same thing happen to me! After I got access to the druid camp this started happening.

L
stranger
stranger
L
I'm getting this exact same bug and I can't progress further until there's a solution!

R
stranger
stranger
R
I'm having the exact same issue! frown Started happening in the druid camp whilst trying to get on my way to the goblins... hoping there's a fix please

stranger
stranger
I have the same issue, its a Show Stopper bug, very sad, so I will go now to play other games like Horizon, hope they will fix this broken game someday

Liebe is Krieg
Originally Posted by Leichenschrei
.....I can't progress further until there's a solution!

Baldur's Gate 3 is the first early access experience that I've had. I took some encouragement from reading forum comments in regards to Patch #3 stuff that others stated that the developer was listening to players. But since the patch "I can't progress further" seems to have become a widening gyre type of theme with things that the recent patch broke?

“This year the utopian candy shell has melted away to expose a hard center of bizarre reality.”
A
stranger
stranger
A
I’d like to add that I’m experiencing the same problem. I just got to the grove with Gale and Astarion then took a long rest. When I ported back to the grove it was just Gale and Astarion, I couldn’t return to camp to find my character. I though maybe it was certain dialogues at camp triggering it, so I recruited Shadowheart, happened again, recruited Wyll, happened again. Progressed a bit further in the game so different dialogues would trigger at camp. My player character never makes the night.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Same problem! I'm playing with three other folks. If we're going at the camp for along rest, one of the character does not follow the party back. He gets stuck somewhere in the limbo. We can't progress any further, unless we avoid any long rests...not very cool when you're a caster. It seems that the last major patch is causing more problems than the previous version. During our last session, the game crashed many times, the opponents seem to be even more overpowered. Very disappointing. I will have to wait for a major fix, we simply don't want to start over...again. The introduction is getting annoying to complete !!!!

Last edited by Dan318; 29/12/20 04:16 AM.
S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Did you swap any party members? That happened to me but I noticed the party member was separated from the party and it turns out he was at the last place he was before being swapped out. Alone with a pissed off owlbear. It happened with Laezel at a different time also but I didn’t care as much. hehe. It does need to be fixed. I didn’t notice they were missIng at first.

W
stranger
stranger
W
Same here, after restarting the whole story 3 times. I'm a little tired.

Please fix that.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Yeah this should be your number one priority at the moment!

S
stranger
stranger
S
Great game, very exciting to play, outstanding graphics but...I now sincerely regret to have the same issue as explained in this post. I am somewhat responsible for limiting the progression and game play experience for my team.

Please fix this issue!

D
stranger
stranger
D
I submitted a remedy ticket to Larian; they fixed my problem in less than 24 hours. Pretty impressive support!

A
stranger
stranger
A
what they do dan?

S
stranger
stranger
S
Had same bug:

- Arrived to druids cove fight with 4 characters in my group
- Finished the battle with one character dead
- Went to camp to rest
- Came back and character was missing
- Skeleton guy charged me 200 gold to resucitate him but character didn't appear
- Skeleton guy cannot resucitate again, he says 'you don't seem to need my services'

D
stranger
stranger
D
Anacronik: sorry for the delay to reply back to your post: This is the answer I got from their support team @ supportbg3@larian.com

Please reply with your latest save in camp, just before resting (or a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc).
Each save is a folder in the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Baldur's Gate 3\PlayerProfiles\<ProfileName>\Savegames\Story' folder.
In Windows Explorer you can zip a file or folder by right clicking on it/them and selecting 'Send To | Compressed (zipped) Folder'.

This is a known issue (that can be triggered if a character dies during the attack on the druid grove), which will be fixed in a future update.

Cheers,

D

Link Copied to Clipboard