Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Ontarah Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Just started playing this game for the first time. I have done everything I can conceivably do in Cyseal. I've talked to everybody in town and completed every quest I received that does not require me to leave town. I have a full party and we were only Level 3 at point that I finally left town. By sheer stubbornness and incessant reloading and luck, I have won a few fights in which I was ludicrously outclassed and thus eked out Level 4 for everybody. Now, however, no matter which path I venture down I encounter swarms of minimum 6 enemies that are all Level 4+.

Am I missing something here or are you just supposed to be constantly outclassed?

B
stranger
stranger
B
Here's a breakup of the areas in Cyseal by level. There shouldn't be too much trouble if you've completed the quests as they come.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....6DD195AD430C7FE5EC87F8AE67A996550F93337/

Ontarah Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thanks. I managed to figure it out. Part of the confusion is that you are told at every gate out of town that you are not high enough level so I had no particular reason to prioritize one gate over another. Going from the location of the "Evelyn's lair" waypoint at the top of the map, the North gate seems to be the correct gate to leave out of if that is where you are trying to go. Since everything up there was too much for me I slowly swung around Cyseal going westward until I came upon an area with Level 3 & 4 enemies but I had to fight my way through much higher stuff to get there.

This is largely a nitpick but it seems dumb for the guards at the west gate which is the level appropriate area for people just starting out to still tell you that you are outclassed by enemies out that gate when in fact you are not.

Last edited by Ontarah; 29/12/20 07:15 PM.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard