Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Main character is a lolth-sworn drow warlock.
Previously helped the hoblin Sazza escape.
Then later stole the druid idol for Mol which kicked off Druids Vs Tieflings.
Finally Sazza gave Minthara location of druid grove resulting in goblin raid.
Informed Zavlor we were switching sides and joining The Absolute and participated in the slaughter of the remaining teiflings (the druids were already dead.)

Here comes the bug:

Journal says:

Raid The Grove. Return to Minthara. Tieflings and druids alike lay dead. The Grove belongs to The absolute. Minthara will be pleased.

Speaking to Minthara, I get the dialogue:
"There are more! Hunt them down!"

And that's it.

Now I'm pretty sure everbody's dead (Everbody. Is. Dead. Dave) but the quest does not acknowledge this.

So I guess that's the end of the evil quest run.

I've seen other threads reporting this from October/November 2020 so just adding to the to-do list. This has still not been fixed/patched as of 26/12/20.

journeyman
journeyman
Same thing happened to me if I had Wyll in my party when I gave Minthara the location of the grove. He left to warn the tieflings. I went there, slaughtered them (druids were already dead in my run as well) but Minthara kept saying that there were more. Pretty sure there weren't.

I reloaded, left Wyll at camp and I was able to finish the raid.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Something similar happened to me. I was sure that I had killed everybody and Mynthara was saying: "There are more! Hunt them down!

The matter was that some tieflings were not identified as my enemies, but I had to kill them as well. When I turned against tieflings, most of them became my enemies, and they appeared in color red, while allies appered in color green. But some tieflings remained in color yellow, as neutral characters, and goblins were not killing them. When I killed them, the story continued.

It's a bug for sure. It does not make sense, but there was a solution in my case.

T
stranger
stranger
T
I have the same problem. Similar to Suffolk_Memeplex, my main character is a lolth-sworn drow warlock, and I previously helped the goblin Sazza escape. I told Minthara I'd annihilate the grove, came back, and did just that. I've killed all druids, opened up the spiral staircase down to the secret area, cleared the long tunnel to the back door, the woods around the main gate (Tieflings), the Tiefling singer over near the small beach, etc. Really not any living thing around except green-outlined goblins.

One thing that I wonder is this. I only blew the horn and opened the gate for the goblins AFTER I had killed all Druids and Tieflings (on btw I killed the adventurers too, including Liam over on the rack in the Goblin camp). Maybe since I haven't killed anyone since blowing the horn and opening the gate Minthara isn't like "reading" the situation? She's stuck in "hunt them down" response only. And again like Suffolk_Memeplex my journal says:

[] Return to Minthara. Tieflings and Druids alike lay dead. The grove belongs to the Absolute. Minthara will be pleased.

My party the whole way has been me (lolth-sworn drow warlock), Shadowheart, Astarion, and Lae'zel. We're Level 4 now. One of us has the brand. Oh we DID kill the goblin priestess but we did so in private laugh without making enemies over at the goblin camp. (Had to destroy that pesky war drum).

Suffolk_Memeplex did you figure out how to get this to work?

Last edited by tedd4u; 18/01/21 04:33 AM. Reason: typos
T
stranger
stranger
T
I just thought of a couple more potential loose ends that I tied up:

• I never saw Halsin. By the time I went over there to the "gilded door" in the Goblin Camp there was no bear, no guards etc
  • Checked the Tieflings kids hideout (Mol, etc). They are all dead. (sorry kids!)
  • Killed the little blue bird in the grove. Didn't help.

Minthara still insists that I "hunt them down."

C
stranger
stranger
C
Originally Posted by tedd4u
  • Checked the Tieflings kids hideout (Mol, etc). They are all dead. (sorry kids!)

Do not apologize for this. If I wasn't so hell bent on completing at least one paragon playthrough, i'd murder those brats every. single. time.

A
stranger
stranger
A
I'm really glad that after three full years that this bug is still in the main release of the game. How do you screw something up that badly Larian?

Link Copied to Clipboard