Next Thread
Print Thread
U
Ughat08 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
U
Hey everyone. I was originally having a problem on my desktop where I had to play on the lowest settings just to play the game, only for my computer to blue screen when I'd get to the first Druid's Grove fight. Got a new graphics card and I can run the game on the highest settings now outside of the grove, but have it low again when I do the fight and go inside the grove. I'm running into a problem again where my desktop keeps blue screening at Druid's Grove and I'm not sure what the problem is. My desktop meets all the minimum spec requirements.

Processor: Intel core i7-4790K cpu @ 4.00GHz
RAM: 8.00 GB
Dedicated video memory: 6144 MB
Video card: Geforce GTX 1660 ti

I'm able to run the game on my laptop at the lowest settings without any crashes. It runs slow but it doesn't crash. My laptop's specs are:

Processor: Intel core i7-7700HQ cpu @ 2.80GHz
RAM: 16.0 GB
Dedicated video memory: Can't get this to pull up but will continue to try and update when I get it figured out
Video card: Intel HD Graphics 630

The only mods I'm running on my desktop are ignoremessages, patch 3 mod fixer and playable Goblins. My laptop is running ignoremessages, playable Goblins and playable Mindflayers (haven't played patch 3 on it yet).

Does anyone have any suggestions or fixes for this issue? I really enjoy the game and would like to be able to play it on my desktop. The only improvement from my laptop to my desktop that I'm seeing is my laptop has more RAM, could that be the issue?

Would greatly appreciate any help. Please let me know if I'm missing any information!

T
Banned
Banned
T
My desktop runs this game fine. Please note since my display maximum supports FULL HD resolution. I ran this game everything maxed out in graphic settings with FULL HD resolution 1920x1080. You should however use the native resolution of what your display supports.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Processor in TURBO mode 4.2 Ghz
Socket-AM4, 6-Cores, 12-Threads

Motherboard: MSI X470 GAMING PLUS, Socket-AM4 Motherboard, ATX, X470, DDR4, 3xPCIe-x16,
CFX, 2x M.2, USB 3.1, Mystic Light RGB

GPU: Nvidia 1700 Titanium 8GB DDR5

RAM: 16 GB to be more exact:
G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 16GB KIT 3200Mhz
2x8GB, PC25600/3200Mhz, 16GVBK, CL 16

SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB, 2,5

HDD:Separately have none SSD hardrives one of them new:
Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5'' HDD

Power: Seasonic Focus+ 650W 80+ GOLD PSU ATX 12V, 80 Plus Gold, Modular

I then have separately a gaming laptop that has 8 GB RAM while no bluescreen I have had instability issues like chrash with laptop but I am not running any low settings on laptop.

If I would be you I would:
A. Update your graphic card drivers+reboot computer after that and test if it did help.
B. Do some kind of memory test (you can use google search memory RAM test) or if bluescreen has error code then paste that code into google to see if any specific error.
C. 8 GB RAM is not recommended or very stable at least my laptop with 8GB RAM has stability settings though I do not run on low settings. You could upgrade to 16 GB RAM, but I do not know WHY you get bluescreen. Say that you would upgrade to 16 GB RAM then do not complain to me it did not help. 16 GB RAM is more nice to have then 8 GB RAM.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 28/12/20 02:04 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard